Forum › Posts by AI YO

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Oh how I wish there were less cases with "invisible" girls choosing to live double lives and stay in the closet, but... Shouganai.

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Quoting Nez, it was too cute for words.

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

By the way, is wixoss series worth watching, as in, is it any Yuri? and should I first watch it before proceeding with manga to have better clue about the story?

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Was that a spoiler from author in the last page?

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

this chapter

Eeeeeeh... it was kind of annoying how the two classmates spent 10-20 mins discussing a tiny little phrase Yuicchi said to Nitou. I mean, have they completely nothing else to think and talk about?

last edited at Feb 21, 2015 6:52AM

AI YO
Gamma discussion 21 Feb 05:22
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Well, ever since I noticed Discharge's story to be so resemblant of Sayaka arc in PMMM, from the start I knew he was going to die. You know, him being a n easy target to be fooled, believing in justice too much, and the fact everything happened because of someone named Kyousuke...oh and Saya is his wife's name.

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

I already pointed out that this was wrong earlier in this thread.

From the thread on /u/, thank based Kawaii anon:

Alright, for those who cared to know Amano's thoughts on the characters, here's the whole list:

Ruki = Pride
First name: Lucifer (Luci). Last name: lion.

"When I think of how many times she got her pride crushed, she ended up becoming quite the wimp in the end. Her hair style resembles a lion’s mane."

Sachi = Wrath
First name: Satan (Sacchan -> Satan)
Last name: Wolf

"When I think of wrath, punishing people by punching them always comes to my mind so I made her a violent character.
The ends of her hair are pointy, making her resemble a wolf slightly."

Fueko = Sloth
First name: Belphegor. Last name: bear

"I thought of her as a hibernating bear. Because she is lazy, she keeps her hair styled as a bob so she can style and trim it at home without the hassle of going to a hairdresser."

Asuna = Lust
First name: Asmodeus. Last name: goat.

"It seems like Yagi-san’s letter never reaches its recipient (vol 2). I thought of making her pupils more wide and rectangular like a goat, but it looked really disgusting so I dropped the idea. I feel that girls with monolids look cute too."

Maasa = Greed
First name: Mammon. Last name: fox.

"At first, I had initially created a scenario where she racked up a huge gambling debt, and saved herself borrowing her parents’ money. I think handsome, rich girls with talent are simply the best. She’s actually the youngest one in the group."
So, Maasa is probably her favorite.

Meru = Gluttony
First name: Beelzebub. Last name: pig.

"When I first tried to design her character, it resulted in an empty, broken girl clinging to a fake smile. My editor said, 'She must be really ill…', and that decided it."

Remia = Envy
First name: Leviathan (Levia). Last name: snake

"She is not envious of others, but she enjoys having others be envious of her. She is the oldest one, so she acts like an older sister, but is in reality the type that can’t grow up. She has the pupils of a snake."

my post only mixed up the two, but was right with all the rest
wrong

Anon pls.
anyway, thanks for insightful artist commentary, I never knew for sure that it was a thing, thought that all the/u/discussions with sin theory were based on pure speculation.
Glad to know everyone's name references, for I only knew about Remia being leviathan before, also noticed that she indeed has that senpai/onee-san complex. And yeah, never actually paid attention to their surnames! Maybe except for Asuna - I knew her being Yagi has something to do with desire, since goat is Bacchus sacred animal and Bacchus is quite a promisquous deity.
Sasuga Amano-sensei, she never gives any of her heroes a random name with no second meaning, just like AI being Philos in Philosophia.

Oh, and I also had some random versions about their hairstyles, glad this turned out to have relevance too!
Btw, someone up there in this thread has posted an animal chart of the girls, everyone seemed to be spot on except for Asuna who was given a "cow" label instead of "goat"

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Whoa, calm your tits, onee-samas, everyone is awful just like Remia stated, and that's normal, nobody is ever perfect.
anyway, based Remi! I can't not like this magnificent bastard and the self-contained way she brags about her machinations. This woman really has some surreal power over her surroundings, as if she were some mysterious creature. Confirmed for most vivid character among those who actually conduct the role of a plot device, in that as soon as she is the driving force behind all these entangled stories of our characters, still there is a strong and outstanding characterization of her personality.
And yes, kids, this is Pride. That's what she looks like. Make sure not to do as she does! if you don't have the guts to be feared by everyone and handle the reputation of worldwide bitch
About the rest of girls, well, let's see.
Ruki pretty much confirmed for Envy given that she always looks to the sides never actually paying attention to what's right before her, wants to do everything at once instead of doing what's the most important with all she's got. Driving a car is nice as analogy: she doesn't watch the road before her eyes while lookind left and right/indulging in thoughts.
Maasa is pretty much walking Greed in that she's always oriented at gaining more profit while not sharing it with anyone in fear of loss. It goes from handling money to more abstract and spiritual things.
Meru is Gluttony incarnate, she consumes as much as she wants not thinking of consequences or not knowing to stop, and always wants consume more than is necessary to the point it's damaging herself.
Fue is without any doubt Sloth, her depression has reached somatic stage where she literally has no motivation to supply her lifeforce, not even eating properly, getting tired real quickly and so on.
Sachi could very well be Wrath as she seems now to pull a Heathcliff on Ruki : out of her anger at someone who did awful stuff to her in the past, she lets off on others by doing the same to them, even though these people basically did nothing wrong to her. Also, holding everything inside and then raging out on her friends means she can't handle her anger.
Lastly, Asuna - well, this one doesn't even need deduction to understand. But not only is she a literal Lust, but it also resounds in her attitude: she only wills to take, but not to give and is oriented at always getting what she wants.
anyhow, great chapter, the whole seashore and driving thing gave me vibes of Narcissus 2 if you get what I'm talking about

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Wow, powerful. Lililicious never disappoints in their taste. Though, shouldn't this have a fake history or something? Even despite the setting is more pre-historical...anyways, I could disscus the ideas presented here in hours, and mc's give a strong Antigone vibe, glad it didn't end in a tragedy turn but, um...I believe, in primal times to be out of the community habitat kinda equaled inevitable death, so who knows how the two are going to survive now.

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

How in the world hugging is perverted when it's one of the most innocent physical interactions? I don't quite get you, Fly by yuri

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Well, this one looked interesting at the start but...
-whats with that self-insert-kun? No, it can't be a girl, just look at his figure in school regulations chapter, and how strongly he refused wearing a skirt.
-where's the actual Yuri? Excuse me, there doesn't seem to be any literal development of any sort in terms of feelings, just plain fanservice sometimes.
-two/three seemingly yet unintroduced characters: that M girl that launched the virus and two probably more, and the manga's ending already
-best girl (Sora ) almost never gets screentime or affects the story in any way
-most of the requirements for download seem a bit illogical in relation to their respective apps.
aside from that, well, going to finish this story just for seeing how it ends, thanks cliffhanger

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Goodness, it was so resemblant of Oscar Wilde's "Nightingale and the Rose" at first that I actually cried like I did back then reading that fairytale - and suddenly - this ending. Yep, I remembered then that tragedy tag was absent, so I should've been calmed down from the start, yet the ending still kinda caught me off guard. Sweet thing, really, I'm glad it was given this hopeful closure, now a sequel with somehow grown Neru would be great.

AI YO
First Love discussion 30 Jan 12:16
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Dunno, I am reading from phone and have no problems... might be a browser thing

But, what's with that "be either a bear OR a princess " thing when you can be both? Gau gau

AI YO
Collectors discussion 29 Jan 18:53
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

I also noted that long hair actually suits her better. God, they're really perfect, both of them, cannot pick a best girl because each is the best in her way. Now going to check out that 1953 'Ame' as a real art nerd is supposed to

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Will we have more different animals in the future? maybe bears??

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Welp, Sakurako delivers using nothing in particular aside from her IQ. Congrats, Misakichi, you're a dog now /lmao

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Oh shit. This manga is hitting just too close to home. I mean, I had this best friend since we were like five, I thought we'd be like this forever, inseparable, always chatting three hours a day on the phone even after graduating school etc. but everything went just the way I feared it would : in different uni (3rd years now) she got new pack of friends, drifted away gradually, and after that girl found a bf it seems I stoped existing. Like seriously, last time we hung out was in summer, and she was on the beach with new group of buds, I didn't even get to talk to her properly. Seems not every person out there treasures friendship like I do, fuck it, now no B.F.F.s anymore for my entire life. And I really want to punch that hii-chan for what she's doing to MC. Just too relatable, sorry for that rant

last edited at Jan 26, 2015 6:19PM

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Why all this hate on Aoi Hana ... pretty nice manga for bookworms and dramaturgy nerds, I remember how it made me read wuthering heights.
anyhow, witch x knight is taking an intriguing direction and I can't wait to see naitou in that play

AI YO
Love Me! discussion 26 Jan 07:41
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

I lost it at "Shock...! Kuma Shock!"
Seriously, divulge scans' credits always deliver.

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

Now all hail our perverted titty Goddess, hom.

AI YO
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

this reminds me of how i recently got hooked on that whole sistter-romance thing: first Akanee-chan from yuru yuri, then citrus, then Elina from queens blade, then this and also i`m playing Color of white now (a yuri vn about sisters) and find me liking it a lot... wonder if there's something wrong with me.
and hope there will be a continuation to this epic mang...wait, "this isn't some yuri manga!""(c)

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

^this. Nez nailed it.
anyhow, new introduced characters act as a good mood-changer, absolutely epic middle-school-h-yuri writer, also that financial-pro loli reminds me of Saki from kanamemo

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

i wonder if they ever show us that brainwash club

AI YO
Heartbeat discussion 18 Jan 07:06
Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

that was moe! the senpai that's shorter than the kouhai. and yeah, the skirts are seriously too short in this uniform...

Ai,yo
joined Dec 24, 2014

well, i wouldnt call citrus 100% yuri considering the very first chapter... but anyway, things in this manhwa are progressing the natural kind of slowly, not artificially-pulled-backwards-with-no-decent-reason kind of slowly like in citrus. And it IS supposed to be gradual development in Fluttering Feelings, for, as someone mentioned above, the plot is set to be damn long, so this pacing is not limited by publishing means (since it's a webtoon, not a magazine-printed series as i believe).
to sum it up, the manhwa is really promising and makes me eager to find out how it all is gonna work between the mc`s. and yeah, fresh air, since it's introducing Korean cultural and linguistic environment

last edited at Jan 18, 2015 5:57AM