Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Yay, I missed this :)

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

So cute :D The art is perfect too. <3

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

The art is so great, the story is so good, the pairing is divine :D My NanoFate batteries are charged up too :D

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Why dude again? It was fine for a one time attempt at being funny but now it's just annoying.

The character ends her sentences with -ssu, which is a kind of brash and boyish way of saying desu. It's supposed to be a weird and funny affectation she has, but to context-free westerners, it just sounds like a cute noise, so apparently the translators decided to localise it by making her talk like a surfer. That it also makes her feel like a certain penguin-like mascot character is ostensibly entirely incidental.

I mean, theoretically, I actually think it's a pretty smart localisation solution. It's just that, in practise, it means that I can't take any of these doujins seriously or remember anything about them other than the dudepocalypse, which kind of undermines the entire purpose localising them to begin with.

Dude still doesn't translate to -ssu. To me dude sounds like an idiot weed-smoking frat boy, degrading the character and making her annoying.
A boyish suffix is just a boyish suffix, we all know the difference between chan kun san sama sensei sempai kouhai etc, we can google ssu as well AND by doing so actually understand the character better.

last edited at Sep 26, 2017 10:52AM

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Why dude again? It was fine for a one time attempt at being funny but now it's just annoying.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shinmai_shimai_no_futari_gohan_ch19#3

The good news must be a new sister for them :D

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

"But of course I'd avoid demonic fusion in the bedroom" She turned her down with class lol

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I like how Satanya's plan is essentially making Raphiel her waifu.

...What? Was I the only one thinking that?

That wasmyfirst thought too :D

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I liked the anime's pacing more. The manga seems so rushed,but the Hibiki x Miku parts hit the right spot.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Vivio is not actually going to win against Nanoha... right? It would be the dumbest thing if she did at that age.

The fight already ended in the raws, Vivio wins. They fight in an arena with no gravity so Vivio can reach Nanoha. I don't know if Nanoha had her limiter on.

I just can't believe this, I had to look at the raws. Vivio, who evades attacks because of her light defense just eats a Starlight Breaker and can go on the offense right away? Total bullshit. They make our indomitable ace of aces look like a total weakling. Even more annoying that Nanoha can block Fate's super fast attacks but can't evade or block Vivio's normal attacks? And even if she gets a hit in, Nanoha is so damn tough, she shouldn't be having problems with that. Vivio doesn't just have God eye she also has god speed and god defense and god strength.I'm so pissed.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

The cuteness of this brings the stars down from heaven

Timea817
Collectors discussion 28 Jul 13:32
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

yay it's back :)

Timea817
Citrus discussion 21 Jun 04:11
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

So Shirapon doesn't have any older sibling but has an older brother? I know Onii-san can be someone who is not blood related, but in this case translating it to older brother feels so wrong :(

Timea817
Shoes discussion 12 Jun 05:57
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Kemono Friends takes place in the Saki universe: Confirmed!

^LOL :D

I would like to see those thin books the owls were talking about. Lion topping everyone is a treat, but I just love her with Moose too :D

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Tap-chan is funny too, but she is not the girl I wanted to see

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

The stories were boring but the art is great.

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

Is this really the end? Nothing really changed and nothing really happened, nothing was resolved either :(

Timea817
Image Comments 14 May 18:13
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014
72w01qt

@Mayb this is one of my favourite manga, it has everything: a good original story that doesn't revolve around romance, but still has a decent amount of yuri without the whole guilt tripping course.

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

This is so pure and cleansing :3

Timea817
Image Comments 06 May 13:10
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014
En-797084305281298433

^agreed

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

What the heck

Timea817
Saki discussion 08 Apr 09:46
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

LOL The vanguard match took like a year, sergeant is finished in chapter. I guess these players are too boring even for Ritz XD

Timea817
Image Comments 08 Apr 07:14
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014
47760465_p0

In my interpretation the show ended with an awkward threesome. Hilda wasn't against having sex with Tusk, Ange seemed to be having more romantic feelings for Tusk, but she clearly had a lot of affection for Hilda and she accepted Hilda's feelings. I don't know how Tusk would feel about this though, but I think he loves Ange enough to let Hilda in their lives. I don't really like the NanoFate seiyuu not being the only ones for each other but this isn't that bad either.

Timea817
Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

They are cute :D