Forum › Posts by Kyonne

Kyonne
Anime season 19 Oct 10:17
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What is this i just heard about Godzilla in the upcoming anime being a fucking plant?

Huh, first I've heard of it. It'd be more interesting than anything else I've heard about those movies, though

"He originated from plant-based life and has gone on to survive 20,000 long years as a super-evolved living organism"
Biolante called and she wants her mojo back

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 10:17AM

Kyonne
Anime season 19 Oct 01:17
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

What is this i just heard about Godzilla in the upcoming anime being a fucking plant?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

#ThingsNobodyCaresAbout

Happy Birthday me.

Do you believe in fate?
It can't be a coincidence that my neck stopped hurting the very same day your life came into existence, a greater force is in play here mate
...And also happy birthday

Kyonne
Anime season 14 Oct 20:27
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Universe 6 #REKT

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The trigger for the healing was a "Now that i think about it..."? Well, i suppose i'd rather that than simply finding Mimika walking around on the street or something like that

Kyonne
Anime season 08 Oct 01:03
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright so the Dragon Ball Super one hour special happened, very unfortunately it wasted too much time on the Genkidama tug of war, and when Goku achieved the mino...minuit....mi....Ultra Instinct, it used a bit too much of the usual dragon ball loop of punches and kicks. But holy fuck that one minute fight before the genkidama and when he dodged shit on ultra instinct was so fucking cool!!

Kyonne
Anime season 04 Oct 13:08
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

AHAHAHHAHA You can't make this shit up!
Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, the extremely slow paced anime, is at 21 episodes and already had its SECOND recap episode!
I have no idea why do i even bother

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Can anyone here who reads Saki for reasons other than fishing for the nopan shots explain me why this pityful 3 han hand of mine got 11,600 freaking points?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

My neck is fucking STIFF!

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Is it really taking that long? It's been only 2 or 3 chapters?

It's been building up to it ever since the other loli made her entrance to the stage, plus God knows how many chapters this will drag on
In many stories the reward for going through this kind of arc is simply a return to the status quo, even if they say "we're closer than ever!" they don't usually show any difference, so really unless this arc has an lasting impact of some sort it'll be a waste of ink and trees

Kyonne
Manga General Thread 28 Sep 14:48
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Time and again i've come to this thread to shit talk Fuuka for being the retarded anger inducing series that it is and the recent "training to improve my kung fu" arc might've just been the worst of them all
...But the current martial arts tournament arc? Not bad at all... Actually it's kinda entertaining to be honest! I've not yet screamed at my monitor, what the fuck!? If the manga ends after this arc then it would actually be going out on a pretty high note! How the fuck did they manage that? Probably because i get too easily amused by anything that resembles a shonen outside of a shonen, Uta no Prince-Sama 2000% was fucking glorious

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I wish Ririha die soon!

She's still got like 70 years ahead of her

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Also it's extremely irritating that Yuzumori won't just tell Mimika that Ririha has it out for her. Mimika would believe her if she said she was being bullied right?

Probably, but Mimika has already laid her cards on the table by lying she just felt pity for the loli and Yuzumori didn't like it one bit, so what would be the point?

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yep, definitively rooting for a bad ending now

Kyonne
Anime season 24 Sep 02:14
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

i stopped watching dragonball at 70 is it getting better or is it just getting worse with the power scaling and writing?

If you got to episode 70 and still didn't manage to shut your brain completely off then don't bother, that's the only way of having fun with Super, there isn't a single resemblance of power scaling anymore

Kyonne
Anime season 23 Sep 20:33
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAH What the fuck Dragon Ball Super! This episode was a fucking disgrace until the very end when suddenly it became the best episode ever! The fucking madmen!!!

last edited at Sep 23, 2017 10:04PM

Kyonne
Anime season 21 Sep 21:35
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I don't see why they can't keep the original designs though. These new ones just lack that really formal & dignified look of the original designs. & people can say what they want about the old designs being the old school equivalent of the modern bishie style, one can't deny that the old designs follow a way more realistic aesthetic, which captures the serious tone of the show. These new ones are just... too anime.

The one thing i can say is that the new one doesn't own anything to the old one because it's another take at adapting the novel, not a "remake of the old anime", so they could go with whatever direction they think is appropriate though it certainly looks nothing like the art from the novels
However when you do that kind of adaptation on a series that already had a successful adaptation there is bound to be consequences, the same way the recent Initial D movies, another take on the manga, didn't have any eurobeats which became a staple of the old series (Not that i know how well received the movie was, but i certainly saw a fair share of bitching against it)

last edited at Sep 21, 2017 9:36PM

Kyonne
Anime season 21 Sep 17:26
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That's Legend of Galactic Heroes, one of the greatest sci-fi series of all time, you cretins.

I'm not about to give it a free pass with that terrible CGi and Uta no Prince-sama looking dudes just because it's LOGH, especially not when the first animated series was one of the comfiest experiences i've ever had watching an anime

Kyonne
Anime season 20 Sep 22:02
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Kyonne
Anime season 20 Sep 10:44
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Alright, it took a while but Vrains is starting to get pretty good
It's a shame that Playmaker's edgyness has no place in a Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist so he's bound to get the biggest friendship speech of all time which shall correct him from his wrong ways, just hoping this doesn't happen for at least 200 or so episodes

Kyonne
Anime season 15 Sep 10:34
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Pretty interesting Nintendo Direct, we got a little of Etrian Odyssey V and then announced Etrian Odyssey V demo soon followed up by MOTHERFUCKING ETRIAN ODYSSEY V DEMO!!, but to me the highlight was Etrian Odyssey V i guess, not that i care that much YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS

Kyonne
Anime season 13 Sep 12:46
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Wow, calm the fuck down Playmaker! Protagonists aren't supposed to make that face unless they're possessed!

Kyonne
Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

The worst thing about these kind of tropes is that they almost never serve a narrative purpose beyond just extending the length of the story. It's almost never used to advance the character arc of either of the characters involved it's just padding until they clear up the misunderstanding and then proceed to act like this extremely presumptuous disregard for the other person's right to self-determinate never happened and doesn't need to be meaningfully addressed.

Which is why i'm kinda hoping that this little conflict doesn't get resolved, entire chapters are going to be wasted on this, then at the very least make it a wild ride even if it means a bad ending

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Playing Samus Returns right now through methods that shall remain unspoken to the weak of heart, this game probably has the best 3D effect of the entire 3DS library! I usually play with the 3D slider at 50% 'cause the effect is a little too strong on the XL compared to regular sized 3DS looking at you Etrian Odyssey! Oh fuck yes Etrian Odyssey V soon! but i can use 100% just fine with Metroid and damn does it look pretty! I pitty all 2DS users out there

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 2:11PM