Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Thanks!!

No problem Harutan :)

Random Reader
What do you ship? 24 Sep 03:11
joined Nov 30, 2011

I usually provide the shipping containers, paperwork, payoffs, and supplies Gendolkari needs for his illicit trade. Meanwhile I ship uranium to blacklisted countries, weapons, people, and other contraband to add some padding to my usual profits.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

That was a lot of fun! I'm glad there are two more parts left to read, when they come around to 'em. Also enjoyed a story in another dialect for once. Definitely NOT close to ebonics, it's closer to the southern dialect if you ask me.

And I would love to have some Soba with extra Son of Bitch Flavor!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

ya know, I have been reading a lot of protests against toys and I have to ask, how many of these "nos" are from our male posters?

As a male, my question has been this for years since I started reading yuri manga regularly, "where the hell are the toys?!" As far as I know, the use of toys are very common in lesbian sex so, I've been baffled by their absence in the vast majority of the stories we read here. Are there other, heavier romances out there that are not hentai that include more graphic sex scenes and toys than what we usually get here that have yet to be scanlated? But then again, most stories are of high school/middle school aged girls who are always depicted as sort of being very innocent and or naive (and almost always accompanied by flowers).

Also, FYI, I don't read hentai stuff as I prefer having a good story as most hentai just seems very focused on sex, and lots of it. Just, when I read a yuri story and both characters are totally into each other, I do hope for some hot, sweaty, pig sex and not the usual montage of tribbing, fingering while sitting up, and then the one girl eating the other out while the other is saying, "this is embarrassing!" Which almost always followed by them facing each other in bed, clasping a hand together, and staring at each other giggling.

Random Reader
I'm A Fool discussion 15 Sep 06:45
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn, that was cute.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I want this to be hijacked by the teacher. He was the only redeeming character in this so far.

Random Reader
Teppu discussion 08 Sep 08:16
joined Nov 30, 2011

Don't do that again. Almost gave me a heart attack!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011
Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I really enjoy reading this extra. I wish more authors did things like this after their stories (especially those high school ones). Also, does anybody know if the author (F?) has done other yuri works? I really like their artwork.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 05 Sep 12:43
joined Nov 30, 2011

Double Post

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 12:44PM

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 05 Sep 12:43
joined Nov 30, 2011

The boob grab seemed the least bit yuri imho. Keiko was almost crushing on her the entire time lol. Good stuff.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Lmao, this thread... soo much <3 for you random people of the internets! XD

But I also have read a lot of Yuri (there is never enough!). When I'm working and come across documents where a woman is talking about her best female friend from back in the day (pre-1960's). I start thinking, "oh yeah they are totally hot for each other!" Later on, "WTF she's married!!?! Sonofab*tch!!! How could SHE!!?"

But seriously, I cannot help it. When I read things like, "We were watching a baseball game when a sandstorm hit. Me and Jane Doe ran back to our barracks and decided to shower and clean up." Or, "We became instantly close and did everything together." How the hell can I NOT help but think these two had something going on!?" Yuri goggles be damned! But the language is so strong it's really hard not to think otherwise. ><...

As for anime and manga. If the main guy is a total loser, boring, plank of a personality type of guy and is somehow getting all of these hotties. I start pairing the girls together because they actually come across as much better couples than if any one of them hooked up with the guy at the end. The best twist for any het-harem would be if the girls all ended up together and the guy ended up being gay and hooking up with his best friend!!! X-D That would be the ultimate troll!!

Random Reader
Even discussion 03 Sep 06:16
joined Nov 30, 2011

Is the sequel gonna be one of those sequels where nothing happens?...
It's usually like that... lol

At least there is a sequel. Most of the time they don't have one which is even more frustrating.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

They were definitely singing. That's for sure ;p

Random Reader
Image Comments 25 Aug 02:32
joined Nov 30, 2011
73efb62f8b73ea73745d08a5f99a407a

They looks like the girls from Silver Spoon if you ask me.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Hold the phone, a manga from Takemiya Jin where the characters aren't identical to someone else from a previous work?
I feel like i got transported into foreign territory

There has clearly been a rip in the Takemiyaverse!

Random Reader
Image Comments 11 Aug 23:36
joined Nov 30, 2011
37004210_big_p3

I guess I need to start checking out Azumanga Daioh... because that pic on the right is hot.

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 07 Aug 14:09
joined Nov 30, 2011

I had a feeling they wouldn't follow up on the last couple of chapters right away. The pattern so far has generally been alternating between plot chapters and ones focusing on stretching and just giving a little flavour to their life together.

My prediction is at least one more chapter with stretches before the actual story returns.

x2. It has always seemed to move this way in the story. I think it's nice to have some of the heavier storytelling going on followed by the two girls going about their everyday lives. I feel like it's always been about Ran and Keiko's characters and how they relate and less about their possible romantic relationship. But if it does show up between the two, then I'm guessing it will be a very strong relationship due to the groundwork we are watching being laid.

Random Reader
Ayame 14 discussion 04 Aug 06:40
joined Nov 30, 2011

Sploooosh.....

Subtle... very subtle.

Random Reader
Vespa discussion 04 Aug 06:32
joined Nov 30, 2011

Okay, I need to ask. Was pg 37 the monologue of the Queen before she died? So, in a fucked up way, she actually liked the Princess Isabelle or needed her?

I thought she was going to use her for babies and then kill her off after she had birth a child.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm begging to think that most of Takemiya's stories are just the same characters reborn again in a new timeline or existing in a parallel Takemiyaverse.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 04 Aug 05:52
joined Nov 30, 2011

Eh, is it me or is everyone else getting the English translation besides me? qq

Just what Dynasty has been releasing. Some people have access to the raws. Personally, I wouldn't enjoy that. (I would either be spoiled and then feel like reading it in English is pointless, or I would misunderstand and then gnaw on the bedroom door until the translation is posted because I would want to know!).

I did that once. My cat was looking at my like I was some type of weirdo.

Random Reader
Octave discussion 04 Aug 05:50
joined Nov 30, 2011

I agree 100%. I think Setsuko mentions pretty early on to Yukino that she was just turned on by her in the bathhouse initially.

Ah yeah. I forgot about that. I always had this perception that Setsuko wasn't initially looking for a relationship, but her personality ended up being quite agreeable with Yukino's.

And just an addition, Yukino gets very strong later on and is able to handle Setsuko's selfish requests with as much ease as Setsuko did with Yukino early on in their relationship.

I very much went through the same thing you did when reading Octave (if you read my posts further on up the page). At first it's really frustrating and you hate on Yukino almost the entire time. But you come back a year or more later with a hopefully more mature, fresher, and more open mind than previously and you really catch a lot of nuances. One great thing about this manga is that it is very relate-able despite being a manga about two women falling in love. I know I was sympathetic to both characters at one point or another or even relate to their difficulties as a new couple when they were just getting to know it each other. I was actually disappointed that it ended when it did. I really wanted to see them starting their life together.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I stopped following Attack on Titan but that word, "were," implies one of them was alive at one point. Knowing the high death rate for characters... am I assuming too much?

Random Reader
Vespa discussion 04 Aug 05:29
joined Nov 30, 2011

There was some pretty f****d up shit in that story. But it was all washed away as if nothing happened and the relationship between the main heroine and her lover finally picked up after punching a b*tch in the face.

@ the person saying LOVE DNAXX was worse, you (as others clearly state) missed the whole point behind it). While I agree that it could have been better despite the cheesy ham-fisted ending. I like it for being something a little more unusual. I just wish there was more because I'm a sucker for the underdog stories and wished there was more development of that route before it ended. Oh well. Still read it once and a while.