Forum › Posts by ZuljinRaynor

ZuljinRaynor
Murcielago discussion 17 Dec 02:13
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Oh yeah, I understand. Like I prefaced my earlier post, this is more for me to come to terms with it. I just couldn't handle what happened without letting it out somewhere. None of my friends know this manga so they'd be like "yeah whatever."

I like Kuroko. She is interesting. Maybe I can forgive her for it. We'll see when it is translated.

But yeah, I'm in it for the long run. I wouldn't have bought the manga otherwise.

ZuljinRaynor
Stretch discussion 16 Dec 23:28
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

Yuri stuff, stretches or nothing really relevant?

Well, in one panel of "Question" Ran is feeding Keiko.

The titles for the 4-Komas are:
Wish, Good morning, Chastisement, Single Life 1, Single Life 2, Dream, Osaka, Question, WOMANCE

I used Google Translate to translated them all but WOMANCE. That was it written that way.

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 11:38PM

ZuljinRaynor
Murcielago discussion 16 Dec 23:19
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yuri Girl 1001

It's probably not what you meant, but I just thought I'd point out that Kuruko wasn't even in Spider; that was a different character who we don't know much about yet. (Of course that still leaves everything else she did and didn't do in this volume.)

Spider I just used as an example of something really gory but still was something I was like, "okay that was expected." When I meant "this Volume" I meant 6, and Spider is in 5.

Don't get me wrong, Spider was kind of nauseating, and Kuruko is definitely no good girl. But so far I'm finding this interesting and worth reading once. (I'll probably never get around to rereading it.)

I've already reread what is translated a few times. Like overall I really enjoy it and would love to have an anime, but I just couldn't stomach Chapter 37. It's not even all that gory. Like, it's maybe as gory as what happens in Rose Colored Prison. But it's how it happens that bugs me. If the characters just got killed outright from like a bullet to the face maybe it wouldn't bug me as much. I'm weak to stuff like this, so it's my fault for reading this anyway. lol

last edited at Dec 16, 2015 11:20PM

ZuljinRaynor
Murcielago discussion 16 Dec 21:11
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Serial killings that target a specific type of victim happen :T
It's pretty much the type of series this is tho, the gore
Expect that any sort of character can die, not just grown men or women

Yeah, I knew what I was getting into with this series though. It's like way over the top. Like I normally hate stuff like this but this one is cool. That's why I've been keeping up with it and buying the releases from Japan.

But like I don't think I can really outright cheer for Kuruko anymore after this volume. Like she never was a good guy by any stretch of the imagination, but she's the protagonist. It's like in any Gundam with Char Aznable in it; I can't really cheer for him after what he did to Garma.

ZuljinRaynor
Stretch discussion 16 Dec 20:24
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Got Volume 4 today. 5 pages with 9 4-komas is what appears after the last chapter.

ZuljinRaynor
Murcielago discussion 16 Dec 20:15
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is more for myself, but I have to put down my thoughts somewhere about one or two scenes in volume 6. I'm hoping it makes me feel better. So it's a dumb post you can safely ignore. Putting in it spoiler tags.

Really not liking some of the stuff that happens in this one. I know this series has some really gory stuff at times, but this is the first time that it actually made me feel sick. It sucked what happened to Polina in Rose-Colored Prison but I didn't feel sick to my stomach. In this one, some of these minor characters get killed and I really did not like how. I mean it fits the series since anyone can get killed here in gory ways. Last volume with all the little girls getting killed, that was rough. Or how in the Spider those two hysterical people got killed after begging for their lives. It is gory, and Kuroko is a killer, but still, what she did with that umbrella first was not right. Come on, Kuu-chan!

ZuljinRaynor
NozoNico discussion 10 Dec 09:42
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Too cute. Love NozoNico.

Aw, the last panel is just the best. Thanks for uploading this!

Indeed! It just brings a smile to my face.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I actually really like this. I used that old Dynasty Reader app a long time ago and I liked saving stuff to my phone. Now I get the archives and unzip them and then view them in my gallery app.

This is more organized. I really like it.

Normally I browse the site with Chrome, but I like the reader app more. I'm using it on the Nexus 6P if you want to know.

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 4:40PM

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Someone have any idea who's the artist of the credit page? I want to see what else he did, for scientific reasons...

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=206963

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Chie and Ai are so precious and adorable.

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Every time I see a MariAsu doujin translated, I cheer for joy.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

why doesn't he talk? XD

The player character doesn't talk in the "story mode" section of the game. And that's where you fight the Octolings.

ZuljinRaynor
Image Comments 04 Oct 00:56
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013
73efb62f8b73ea73745d08a5f99a407a

I hope Sakura shows up in SFV down the road so this pairing does get more stuff. It's one of my favorites.

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

This is the best.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yuu x Yoriko 4 lyfe

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

http://alice-books.com/item/show/3298-6

The other tweet is a second cover but I guess this one was already printed:
https://twitter.com/ermame26/status/624764168306954240

last edited at Jul 29, 2015 1:05AM

ZuljinRaynor
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Why the heck are the robots in manga named like cities in Czech Republic? ._. ... Praha, Liberec

Because of this probably:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_%C4%8Capek#Etymology_of_robot

ZuljinRaynor
Philosophia discussion 25 May 01:26
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, I don't think Amano herself was sure if she should include the mysterious sibling or not. She wanted something that might have been cute (and good) to have a cuter thing at the end, but was not sure if it fit with the rest of the story. (I'm also assuming it is what "Bridge" refers to).

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/philosophia_ch04#67 "I wasn't sure whether it fitted in."

Here is the original if you are curious. I was, and unfortunately Google Translate doesn't make the part in quotes too clear, but that's what I inferred from it.

このあとについている
ちょっとした短編は
「たってもなくてもいい
なんかふわふわしたもの」です

ZuljinRaynor
Philosophia discussion 24 May 21:21
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

oh we got 2 more chapters and a postscript? this literally cannot go anywhere but repeat the exact same thing with new girl/guy, there is no point to this thing.

And if its set before the end of chapter 4 that doesnt exactly work either because we know where it goes now.

Nah, it is just the way the chapters are numbered. The Roman Numerals are her physical releases. For example: "philosophia IV" contained "Chapter 6."

Chapter 3 and 4 were in "philosophia III."

It's why in the afterword she talks about screwed up numbering. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/philosophia_ch04#66

last edited at May 24, 2015 9:22PM

ZuljinRaynor
Philosophia discussion 24 May 21:14
Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Figured some might be curious, but these are the listed release dates (I assume) for each chapter as listed in the the tankobon release (which is from Aug. 2014).

So this has been done for a while. "The Feelings We All Must Endure" started after she got out "philosophia III."

For reference, "Sweet Guilty Love Bites" is from 2010.

last edited at May 24, 2015 9:18PM