Forum › Posts by DC3

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

This manga would look great as an anime. i mean it has Decent and Unique Fights, Girl Knights, Good Comedy, Nice Art(especially the armors design), Decent Plot and Story, a Rare Idea for a World building and Setting, Mild Ecchi AND GAY GIRLS!!. too bad it is barley selling and other gold mine of cliche works are having a blast.

I felt happy that it wasn't cancelled and got picked up by another magazine and I'm totally looking forward to future chapters.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 10:41AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

^I know! But If Eiko can hook up with Kiyose-sensei then I'm ok with kamuri and Eiko just being close friends :) They were cute together - but not sexy and cute :) They had no heat between them like Eiko and Sensei do.

even though i'm with you, I can't bear to see Kamuri's sad face (◡﹏◡)

joined Jan 7, 2018

I've been wondering why the majority(if not all) of authors of the CGDCT genre decide to stick with the yuri undertones without going full on yuri, even though they are so gay that they include many yuri undertones in their work (like this one) or the work has many potential ships that the fans will create countless doujins (like Yuru Yuri or Love Live). is it because it would ruin the flow of the manga? but even though it would bring them more viewers, or maybe it is just me because if the work already has yuri we might not see this many doujins.

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 8:08AM

joined Jan 7, 2018

SHE'S BETTER INCLUDE THIS IN THE MANGA!!!

It is funny how at the start of the anime we all were like EIKOXKAMURI but when sensei appeared we became EIKOXSENSEI!! i kinda feel sad for Kamuri though lol.

DC3
Killing Me! discussion 20 Jun 14:54
joined Jan 7, 2018

after all these chapters and i still don't know why Saki is so obsessed with killing Miyoko. it's like she isn't doing anything wrong (well except for drinking blood from people) and i'm sure there are a lot of other bad vampires that needs to be killed instead of her. maybe it was just cut in the story that she hunts other vampires too ? maybe we could see in the future chapters some vampire villain pops up somewhere and the two of them try to cooperate in killing him idk.

DC3
Killing Me! discussion 20 Jun 14:33
joined Jan 7, 2018

It needs Age gap and Older than she looks tags.

We now know that Miyoko is 150 year old.

I was just thinking the same thing :)

I don't think it actually needs them, a Vampire being over 100 years old is a common trope.

last edited at Jun 20, 2018 2:36PM

DC3
Killing Me! discussion 19 Jun 19:00
joined Jan 7, 2018

Someone would call child protective services.

lol you're right.

last edited at Jun 19, 2018 7:08PM

DC3
Image Comments 19 Jun 16:06
joined Jan 7, 2018
Penguin

it makes me want to become a pedophile too!

DC3
Killing Me! discussion 19 Jun 16:01
joined Jan 7, 2018

lol imagine going to school with someone while having bite marks on your necks xD

DC3
Citrus discussion 17 Jun 18:20
joined Jan 7, 2018

Whoaa!!, that "I love you" from Harumin sure did startle me, my harumin x matsuri ship almost sank in two seconds after years of sailing in my head, but since there were many people saying that harumin might secretly love yuzu, and the author was aware of that, and so this seemed like a big bitch please to the people saying that.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Thanks @Wtv :)
and also that collage girl must have a serious communication problems if she's worrying over how to make friends with a grade schooler lol

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 5:18PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

ooh that makes a lot of sense why many good manga don't get to be an anime, ok a stupid follow-up question: how can a manga get into those magazines ? do they just add it if they liked it ?
and i'm kinda confused, are those people behind the magazine the producers themselves or do they push other anime producers to pick a project from their magazine ?

joined Jan 7, 2018

Because it's not the studio that chose most of the time.

don't the producers know that spending money on the titles i mentioned is better than spending it on this one ? or do they actually somehow profit more from this one ?

You should compare with other Yuri Hime titles instead.

What do you mean ?

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:38PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

I don't know what is it with anime producers picking the weirdest yuri possible, i mean why animating this instead of other good manga like Swap Swap, a Kiss and a White Lily, Bright and Cherry Amnesia, and Kase-san ? even though those manga sell well. I really don't know how do those producers think at all.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 3:30PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

is this dropped by scanlators ? it's a shame it was an adorable manga.

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

That was fast. Thanks!

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

the credit page lol, anyone knows it's source ? i'm sure i've seen it somewhere.

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

@Wtv thank you for the information, i really appreciate it.

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

There's one thing bothering me about that topic. They say as if the studio was afraid of losing money, but the studio most likely didn't lose any money at all. That's just not how the committee system works. If they did invest, it was little, because most of the money comes from the committee, with companies like Crunchyroll, BiliBili and Ichijinsha. And those three are probably pretty happy with the anime, because it was a success of streaming and it helped the magazine. Don't remember who else was in the committee, though.
Does that means that a second season will happens? Not really. Could happen, but we never know. But it was a successful project for the companies involved regardless.

But why the studio is not afraid of losing money ? i know that they do receive budget and money from producers. but do they really not care about BD sales at all ? in that sense it means studios can never lose money and always profiting even if the sales were horrible. but then why studios like Mangalobe and Artland went bankrupt with really huge debts? ($2.62 million Artland's debt and 350 million yen Mangalobe's debt) is it the producers fault ?

Unless the studio actually put money on it to compensate a weak committee, but I doubt it, since the animation wasn't anything spetacular.

What did you mean here ? sorry but i really don't know much about those stuff and i'd be glad if you explained more.

Edit: one more question: Why there are some anime that sells horribly, but still manage to get a second season ? what's the explanation for this? it's like why make another season if they didn't profit from the first one, are there money resources other than Blue rays or broadcasting ?

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 11:53PM

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

actually it is hard to argue this matter since there is no official records, and we don't live in japan so we can't be sure.
edit: plus even if it was one million sales worldwide. the profits and sales still exceeds yagate ones.
edit2: and yes i know that sales in native country is not the same out of it, but still i think citrus did sell great in japan like yagate did.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:19PM

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

and the raws of the episode are out too but I won't talk about it

What episode you mean?

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

I don't think manga sales are an indication for the success of the anime adaptation. Citrus manga sales exceeded one million copies i think and appeared in New York Times best seller manga list five times in 2015 not mention it's huge popularity. yet the anime adaptation didn't sell that much, it didn't sell bad but it was low compared to other anime (check this). and as for popularity it didn't get that much in fact, it did receive a lot of criticism unlike the original work did. well it is to be expected when you expose the work to a wider audience. (you can check the scores and reviews on anime sites)

"It's just that if the adaption fails, the sales will definitely drop on the anime". yes ur right. many anime adaptations are made just to advertise the original work. cuz japanese people unlike us tend to read manga rather than watch anime so even if the adaptation fails people will resort to the original work to see if it is better. and it's hard to find an adaptation that is more popular than the original work. even the source fans sometimes score the adaptation pretty low if it didn't meet their expectations.

Full-on yuri Anime just never sell good or get popular due to many reasons it is sad but it is a fact. that's why anime makers tend to avoid yuri works. and i'm just glad that recently more yuri manga are getting noticed. and i hope other great yuri manga get the same attention so more people will find out how much great the yuri genre is.

P.S.after thinking about it i think this manga chapters are kind of not enough for a second season, unless they slow paced the anime. i could be wrong though. well anyway i'm not that greedy all what i want is a decent adaptation that does the manga justice and hopefully give rise to more yuri anime.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 6:52PM

DC3
joined Jan 7, 2018

the problem with yuri anime adaptations, is that they don't sell well, and they never get a continuation and are vulnerable to get an anime-original endings. i hope this adaptation sells well and gets popular enough to have a two cour or at least a second season.