Forum › Posts by Yuri Girl 1001

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I think that was Hidamari Sketch. The manga, not a dojin. When the girls went to a bathhouse.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

GirlA likes GirlB (I think B is older than A, maybe a senpai? not 100% sure). GirlC notices this and decided to help A get together with B (I forgot C's relationship with A). Forgot the details but in the end A ended up liking C instead of B and they got together.
Forgot exactly how C feels about A but I'm pretty sure this isn't a jealousy manga. C doesn't have romantic feelings for A (at least not before A confessed) and was genuinely helping A getting together with B without being secretly heartbroken or anything.
I know this is very vague but it's all I got.

All My Love and Lies and Always maybe.

last edited at Oct 14, 2019 2:44AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Hadn't even noticed that The Conditions for Paradise had been licensed by Seven Seas. Preordered under their name The Conditions of Paradise.

I bet they'll license other Morishima Akiko works now.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Reminiscent of this, but just maybe better?

I gave her a figurative standing ovation.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Blue Friend discussion 03 Aug 22:07
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

A long time ago, I bought this from Japan because I thought it looked interesting. Then I got tired of trying to read it in Japanese, so I tracked down the scanlator's website, then had to wait for them to finish the last few chapters. Yes it is dark, but I also enjoyed reading it. Hmm... guess it's been 8 years or so. Maybe I should reread it to refresh it in my mind.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's kind of a long story. It started way back when I stumbled across First Love Sisters vol 1 at a physical bookstore, I snatched it up instantly. I never knew there were such things as lesbian manga. Then vol 2 never came out. Much later I discovered fan scanlations online, so I went looking for the rest of it. That led me to a manga site with a yuri section where I came across a recommendation for Girl Friends. I was hesitant at first, but by the end of the first volume, I couldn't stop. After that and Hanjuku Joshi, I finally ended up at Lililicious where I fell in love with everything they had. And that, since they split several issues with Dynasty, finally led me here. Where I've lurked ever since.

And ended up becoming motivated to become a scanlator.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There was an additional short sequel to Ikenai Hito where the teacher asks the parent for a demonstration of the erotic massages she used to do. Can someone point me to it?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
VAMPEERZ discussion 17 May 19:55
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

She should just marry the vampire, live together for 60+ years and then on her death bed kill each other. Problem solved.

I was just coming here to say this.
Though I guess there's no guarantee what's-her-name would be able to kill vampire girl before dying herself. A sudden tragic encounter with truck-kun or something along those lines.

That was my thought too. I'm not sure it's a good solution, but it definitely is one.

In the case of our vampire here who have lived for hundreds years and lost important people to her, the death of the grandma was maybe too much to take and also want to die.

thats how I see it, i don't know about others.

The grandmother sealed the sword, so our vampire was asking her to kill her too.

last edited at May 17, 2019 7:58PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

So no April fool's joke this year? I'm kind of disappointed. Or am I missing something?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

But I agree with her friend... I like "Concrete Road."
"Concrete road... I forget the intervening lines ...Western Tokyo..."

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013
Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Yuri Moyou discussion 15 Jan 21:10
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

If a cooking instructor saw me wielding a knife, she'd cry out in terror and ban me from the kitchen. And yet I've never cut myself while wielding a knife. Cleaning it on the other hand...

PS: If it's peeling related, there really are super handy uncomplicated peelers that can't cut you even if you tried. They are also way more efficient at the job and don't cut off half the damn veggies. lol

And yet I have cut myself with one of those handy uncomplicated peelers you can't cut yourself with. As well as lopping off several pieces of fingernail in various sizes and shapes.

Edit: Not currently having a lover, I've no reason not to grow out my nails; except that that damn pesky potato peeler won't let me. (A slight exaggeration.)

last edited at Jan 15, 2019 9:24PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

As the scanlater of The Secret of the Princess I thought I'd toss in a note here. The jewel of the palanquin line is in fact a very literal translation of the Japanese. And I too had to look up palanquin, though I'd heard the word before. Procyon and I had something of a discussion on whether to leave it as is or change it for that very reason. I'm glad we chose to leave it as is.

I was rather disappointed with the change Seven Seas made here. But I still think they are one of the best publishers in this regard.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

^ It was a joke! Read the post from the scanlater a mere 3 posts above yours. I'll quote it here for your convenience.

Here's the real preview, ya crazies.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7vdepxs6l7xxd3k/Dear_My_Teacher_9_preview.zip

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

There's a drama CD that covers the first 10 chapters or so, but I'll be astonished if they ever make an anime (and ecstatic).

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013
Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

^ You're right, I'll never find this....... Until you point it out to me. Thanks.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Hmm it is indeed a rare happening but childhood friends can win too!
Two examples:
- Kashimashi (yuri)
- DNA 2 ( straight but relevant to conversation)

Wasn't the Kashimashi ending only patched over with an OVA? I mean, it's still cool that the childhood friend "won", but it was pretty much just a consolation prize for the fans who didn't like the original ending.

Kashimashi was a manga before it was an anime, and the later part of the anime was nowhere near the manga, as is typical. In the original manga, the childhood friend clearly and decisively won, despite the mc being so indecisive.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

After all the complaining about the accent, I thought I would add in the voice of one person who has no trouble understanding the accent. It's never broken me out of the story, and I kind of like it.

Why yes, I did used to watch the original Star Trek series a lot; what's that got to do with anything?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Maple Love discussion 30 Jul 22:11
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

College Girl "how do two girls have sex" I'll never understand this concept of a female not understanding what a female's pleasure points are. If you, a girl, masterbate you pretty much know how to have sex with another girl. It's not rocket surgery!

You'd be surprised at how many girls have never really tried to masturbate, or have failed miserably if they did try.

On a side note, I've actually studied rocket science some. As opposed to rocket surgery; there's no way I could fix a rocket engine.

And of course, this is one of my all-time favorite one shots.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 10:12PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I’d pay money to see Big Sis comfort an anguished Yuu, and who better to get Touko’s head on straight (so to speak) than Sayaka?

I really want to see Yuu confiding to her big sister in detail about what happened. Of course we already know her sister will support her.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

My own sense here is that since Touko failed to go after Yuu at once, things will become much harder for them to resolve. It just felt to me like a classic situation of "You can fix this without difficulty if you deal with it right this moment, but if you wait, it may become beyond repair." Edit: I've been on the wrong side of that before, so I speak from painful experience.

Well, I do think they'll work it out eventually. And I hope I'm wrong about how hard it'll be now.

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 9:07PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Candy Trap discussion 21 Jul 16:22
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Dropping my own opinion in the bucket, you're welcome to rip it up, I won't defend it.

I agree that as they are now, their relationship is on shaky ground. But people do change and they are still maturing. Yes it seems likely not to last long, but I also see some chance of them developing together and eventually establishing a solid relationship. Plus, this is fiction, that automatically makes me see more positive possibilities.

I also agree that she's probably accused of stealing boyfriends just because those shallow boys start chasing after her.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

keep clicking on the right side
fcccccccckkkk!!!

Same.

Another of the same. Surely there are many more of us?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I know it´s a harsh thing to say, but it´s the truth: Sometimes, violence is the answer.

I don't know about that, but i'm sure that words are not the answer. I tried turning the bullies words back on them once. It earned me an immediate physical beating.