Forum › Posts by sir.AnGer

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

At this point, Tongtong's mom needs to take a verbal sledgehammer and bring it down on Lin Luxi's mom's thick skull.

Like, just tell her their daughters are going out, you support them no matter what and if she doesn't want to alienate literally everyone in her life (seeing how things are going with her husband) she'd better cut it out with the goddamn homophobia.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

A cat, as a wise man once said, is fine too.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

is Melua's suit a Kamen Rider reference?

I don't know how to send images but it looks very much like Brave's Level 1 suit

Sometime's other series (Hero-san and Former General-san) references Kamen Rider quite heavily, so it's no surprise that there's a KR-esque suit in this too and the eyes are drawn similarly, so it seems the general appearance here and in the other series is inspired by KR Ex-Aid.

I don't think Melua's suit specifically references KR Brave, though. It's more a result of them sharing a similar motif, in this case, a knight's armour.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Which brings me to Chiru calling Senri-sama her husband. I know it was just suppose to be cute in all, but after the baby talk, I couldn't help wonder if there wasn't something going on under the hood that made Senri-sama "the husband". It's silly, I know. It's probably because Senri-sama is older and of higher social standing, that Chiru sees her that way. But minds do wonder.

Except Senri is the one that "married up". Kayo is a servant from Chiru's household with the Kasugas (Chiru's family) being moneyed since her father is the head of his own company and it's been shown at the start of the series that Senri runs the family business alone after her father's passing three years prior.

Also the age gap isn't that big IIRC, in Chapter 2 it's mentioned that Senri was 11 when the marriage was arranged, making her 18 at the start of the series whereas it's hinted at that Chiru is 16 in chapter 1. She's just spoiled rotten and extremely childish because she's a pampered ojou-sama who probably got locked up in some fancy all-girls school whereas Senri had to become an independent adult at 15 and her profession is an apothecary, I wouldn't be shocked if she knew a thing or two about baby-making.

last edited at May 2, 2022 1:49AM

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

also wow there's still people being new to manga terms huh, I really didn't think that's possible.

I mean, you could... just translate it as "delinquent"? Everyone has a manga they read first and transliterating wasei eigo is just a confusing practice. Same thing goes for "ビッチ" (often just retranslated as "bitch", but the connotation in Japanese is "a loose woman/slut") and "フェミニスト" (also retranslated as "feminist", but it means "a man who is chivalrous" and has nothing to do with women's rights).

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 3:05AM

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

"A former yankee?"

Like...an American? Or is that some other slang I haven't come across yet? For some reason, it's just not registering for me.

"Yankee" (ヤンキー) means " (juvenile) delinquent". It's what's referred to as "wasei eigo", i.e. loanwords from other languages that have a very specific meaning in Japanese but make little sense to someone who doesn't know how the word is used in Japan.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Oh great a wild jackass that can't take a hint and is miserable to work with has appeared.

Welcome to the countryside, where tons of jobs are handed out due to nepotism. :/

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

and kicked the dude to the curb right away rather than not believing her daughter or being in denial about it.

I feel like that's putting it lightly. Didn't she immediately go and outright beat the shit out of him upon finding out about it?

She did, and did so in front of his colleagues at his workplace. Which he promptly got fired from as well as a result.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Yeah, Lin Luxi's mom doesn't seem like a "responsible mother" to me either. She probably thinks she is, but that sort of overprotective, grade-focussed mother can fuck up a child hard. Adding to that there's also the fact that her husband is often out of the home and Luxi apparently gets along with him, I think she's more of stubborn my-way-or-the-highway type of household head.

And I'm sorry, the whole comment on how Tongtong's mom "almost had her daughter abused by a degenerate" inches close to victim blaming for me. She caught on immediately - and Tongtong told her, showing there's a level of trust she has in her mom Luxi most certainly doesn't have in her's - and kicked the dude to the curb right away rather than not believing her daughter or being in denial about it.

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Damn, from royalty to royally cucked in one page. Must be a new record.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Below_sami-1488553499411759105-img1

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Bang_gu9-1493223700409192450-img1

Oh nice, it's Edie's new look from Three Hopes.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Megaman_crackshiip

Make Legends 3, Capcom goddammit.

(and this canon)

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Seriously, who are they?

They appeared in 2002 on the first official Touhou music album, "Dolls in Pseudo Paradise", one year before Maribel and Renko debuted and made the Sealing Club the main characters of all further albums.

Yes, I also just looked them up.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 2:32PM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Sorry, but the pages for this chapter are out of order. Would someone mind fixing it?

On the plus side, we got to see a bit of dere in our tsundere princess. Nice.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

We can't really expect the kindergartener to intervene and clarify the situation, as formidable as she is.

I mean, adults listening to a kindergartener who is articulate enough to be able to clarify the situation? Pah, what madness! Kids are to stay quiet and speak only when spoken to! /boomer

last edited at Dec 1, 2021 8:45AM

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rough_live#12

The hidden best LL ship has returned! \o/

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

I feel like the last new pages were mixed up? When they met up, she said “Kasumi! What are you doing here?” And then when Kasumi confessed, she said “K-kasumi? I almost didn’t recognize you” which kind of confuses me.

I think the intention is to show that Suzu is taken aback by how Kasumi has become more aggressive and straightforward in her pursuit of Suzu as opposed to the rather roundabout way she was trying to get her to see her as a partner in the beginning.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 8:58AM

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

This reminds me of the NTR stories where one person has communication issues with their significant other (or prospective partner, if they're not an item) and the other person ends up getting with someone else instead.

Except Yuni seems to be getting close to being both in one.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 17 Aug 01:39
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
E87gqywvoamwzqb-orig

^ the director of some of the recent Zelda games (Fujibayashi) is a die-hard Zelink shipper. also fish girl is ded

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 24 Jul 06:58
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
Ugg8nbi

^^Oh, THAT is why the next episode is over two weeks later.

Gruh. Fuck the Olympics, nobody wanted them anyway. (Like, 80% of the Japanese public are opposed to them being held)

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 20 Jul 00:28
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
E5zvknyxmaqgxm4-orig

Wow, Princess Momo surely got bolder as she grew up.

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Alisa x Umi, huh? That's one I haven't seen before.

sir.AnGer
Image Comments 15 Jun 16:10
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021
90282528_p0

The amount of Artorias is too damn high!

(Nero is fine, Nero can stay.)

sir.AnGer
Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Re-uploaded first chapter?

Binbou Scanlations went snookapalooka and had all their uploads on Dynasty removed. Which included Fuzoroi Ch. 1.