Forum › Posts by PraiseYuri

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This was the obvious course the manga was going but a part of me is dissatisfied that Koiko's love for the president, the whole starting premise of this manga, was nothing more than an infatuation that she got over lol

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I'm happy the polyamory stuff has been put away for now, hopefully forever.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

In Sakura Trick haruka didn't even knew what dating was so it's still belieavable

Sakura Trick should not be used for ANY reference on normal human behavior lol

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Ooh hot springs date

This is enough for 4 people

...Alright.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I kinda don't know how to feel about this series right now. It feels like two completely different stories. On one hand, I quite like the easy going, teasing sol chapters we have been getting lately, but....it's not what it started out as and what I came here to read.

I do hope they go back to some sort of bullying dynamic. In the first few chapters, the bullying that actually happened wasn't really to my taste, but I kept reading on since it did seem to be improving and I was hoping for a "Hino no Baka" sort of bullying dynamic, but then it just straight up became another high school girls doing cute things sol.

While I like the 2 senpais and their relationship a lot, I feel like they were introduced way too early. I feel like we've seen those two get more development the bullied girl now.

I feel like I would have enjoyed this more if it just started out as just another sol so my expectations would be different but I dunno. Guess we'll just see where it goes.

Agree with this, the new characters really have brought a lot of their own stuff to the story that the original couple has felt left out and the original premise seems very much gone. Heck, Momo has basically been demoted to side character for almost all of the most recent few chapters. I like the dynamic of Nanase and Momo so I'm worried it'll be just random teases of their relationship now in between the SoL of the 4 characters, we'll have to see.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Did the tankoubon change some pages? I remember chapter 1 extending a bit longer past this scene but that might have been because it was originally a one-shot. Not that I can compare because mangadex is still dead rip

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I hate how easily I fall out of mangaland nowadays lol. I'm just thinking when reading the first chapter that it's totally weird for siblings to be fulfilling each other's BDSM fetishes and how is the MC girl just completely unfazed by seeing that. Curse you real world logic.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

In the author's defense, the axed ending caught me by surprise, what a twist! It's a shame too, I wasn't too hot to the premise at first but I was warming up to it as the chapters went by.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Should probably change this series to subtext/no tag so people don't read all 7 chapters expecting a relationship to eventually happen.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I still don't see the benefits of adding Joker to this manga.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Is the licensing only as digital? I was happy to hear this manga got licensed and I could start supporting it by buying volumes but being digital only would put a real damper on things.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

The feel when you see some series you really like being updated with new chapters but you know full well that it's April 1st.

last edited at Apr 1, 2021 9:16AM

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

It's funny how long the official Akuma no riddle doujinshis lived past the original works. I definitely get the vibe that the author just drew all these character designs and couples first and then had to make up and draft some crummy story to use them because they needed a serialized work that was appealing to a wide audience of readers. It's clear to me that they heavily enjoy drawing character interactions more than an action packed, assassin betrayal story.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

I'm not caught up on recent chapters yet but is anyone else getting vibes like that English woman character in Arrested Development? She was a grown adult but she was mentally challenged so she had the intelligence of a grade schooler and was in a class with a bunch of kids despite having the size and age of a full grown adult lol

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

This is such an unhealthy relationship.

PraiseYuri
Image Comments 27 Feb 22:54
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015
Euijhhbxeam_tgi-orig

The sweat licking scene was weird even with context.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

@sirflimflam
I think they'll probably do the Netsuzou Trap route and make the husband a bad guy so you won't feel bad about the cheating (maybe even justified if you're goofy) but I still don't think it excuses the cheating, in this scenario it would just mean they're BOTH bad people. Chinami definitely needs to get her life in order. Because she feels her life is being used by other people she somehow justifies using both her husband and the side piece.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Cheating yuri is the worst. (well cheating is in general) You know it's bad when you actually feel bad for male love interests.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Joker sure let himself go

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

What is it with edgy ecchi and church being commonly used together themes?

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

19 chapters in and I still have no idea what to expect from this manga.

PraiseYuri
Image Comments 08 Aug 00:09
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015
Eevioefumamrdor-orig

@serenata
You just reminded me of berseria's actual ending, which was... weird.

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Do the parents just know from birth that the girl is gonna be a tomboy hunk and name her Touma?

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Oh man another isekai. I don't think the concept of isekai is inherently bad but every single one that I've read so far has been full of trope-y writing and shallow, annoying characters but I'll cautiously follow this one for now.

last edited at Aug 1, 2020 6:44PM

PraiseYuri
Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Mildly unrelated, but I always find it interesting how natural smoking is still seen in Japan, heck some probably still think it's looks cool to smoke even compared to most Western countries that have (rightfully) stigmatized smoking and are rapidly moving away from it being a mainstream thing.