Forum › Posts by TheHaku

TheHaku
Citrus discussion 27 Nov 19:06
joined Jul 5, 2014

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Citrus anime now please!!!!!!!

As a yuri fan you should be entirely for this idea. Trashy marketable yuri becoming an anime? Good for the industry! More interest in yuri!
Trashy marketable yuri anime appeals to trashy mainstream audience? Good for the industry! New yuri fans!
Trashy marketable yuri anime sells to said mainstream audience? Good for the industry! An actual yuri show sells, meaning more yuri anime!

Yuri begets yuri. Meaning a new yuri anime, especially one that may do well, is always a good thing if you want more yuri.

Bow down and let Citrus save the industry!!!!!!!

(Ahem. I'm only being moderately facetious.)

Haha.
I admit, I do like the idea of it (animated yuri in general), but I personally wouldn't watch it.
If it helps the industry, I can gladly accept crap animated if it means higher chances of getting the good stuff animated further down the line!
Hell, I'll even buy the blu-rays to boost sales... I'll just never watch them.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:07PM

TheHaku
Citrus discussion 27 Nov 18:58
joined Jul 5, 2014

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Agreed.
I would prefer an anime adaption of Miss Sunflower, Collectors, Lonely Wolf Lonely Sheep, Notes from the Garden of Lilies, or Aqua Blue Cinema.

Even any of the visual novels Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun, Akai Ito, or Aoi Shiro would be nice.

There are a lot of better options.
I wouldn't even mind something that has less emphasis on the yuri, but takes it above a subtext level. Something along the lines of 'Stray Little Devil' for example. It's an action at heart, but with a satisfying yuri subplot that actually delivers.

I could list hundreds more far more suitable than Citrus.

About Aoi Shiro though, for me that would depend on the route they chose. They made a pretty big mistake in the manga with who they chose as the love interest... I'd love to see the Kohaku route animated, though. She was my favourite :3

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:00PM

TheHaku
Image Comments 27 Nov 18:42
joined Jul 5, 2014
24845328_big_p0

To... much... Azuyui...
Dying here, my cuteometer is at maximum, I love it <3

TheHaku
Citrus discussion 27 Nov 18:33
joined Jul 5, 2014

TheHaku
joined Jul 5, 2014

Love triangles can be nice (though I'm not too fond of them myself) when there is an actual chance for the two "contenders" to "win", so to speak.

Reason why the one in Sakura Trick was so crappy was mostly because Haruka and Yuu were already pretty much together way before Mitsuki came in the picture, so yeah, it felt totally forced and useless as there was just no chance for her to get Haruka without completely messing up the whole story.

It wasn't just forced, it even went so far as to make me completely hate Mitsuki as a character. Trying to steal someone from someone is bad enough, but when that person is also your own sister? Dick move.

The problem with triangles to me, is that no matter who's chosen, there's always someone left behind. So regardless of the outcome, it always ends up un-satisfying. Unless one of the characters is a bitch, of course. I know some people like Mitsuki, but to be honest, I don't, that's my personal opinion on the matter (I'm entitled to one)! :D

TheHaku
Image Comments 27 Nov 15:41
joined Jul 5, 2014

It's Nonon and Satsuki as kids.

TheHaku
joined Jul 5, 2014

Dont you dare put another love triangle in here, i swear to go i will drop this faster than you can say "sakura petals"

I am really on edge here as well...

Major spoilers ahead.

I have a friend who's up to date with the Japanese releases of the manga, and according to him there's not much to be worried about as far as Sumi is concerned. She just likes her as a sister figure, the same will also happen between Yuu and Rina in the coming chapters.

However!
Mitsuki isn't out of the picture yet... expect more from her down the line.
I think there's going to be a Kaede x Yuzu x Rina triangle soon though. That's what's evident from Volume 5 anyway. So Kaede x Yuzu is probably going to happen at some point.
Some evidence of Mitsuki x Rina too.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 2:36PM

TheHaku
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 04:01
joined Jul 5, 2014

What about at the last page, Keiko said 'shut up and sleep' but she's actually blushing so she turned over?

Classic case of tsundere sickness. It's a common ailment in manga and anime.

TheHaku
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 23:36
joined Jul 5, 2014

.......INTERNALLY SCREAMING BECAUSE THIS AUTHOR IS TEASING US SO MUCH.....

DO THEY LIKE EACH OTHER OR IS IT PLATONIC?!!!!!

breathes out ok

Do Japanese women ever give out Honmei Choco to really close friends?

Honmei choco (本命チョコ?, literally, "true feeling chocolate") in Japan is chocolate given by women on Valentine's day to men whom the giver has romantic feelings for. This is often given to husbands, boyfriends, and prospective boyfriends.

Stolen from Wikipedia, hopefully this is the case! :3

TheHaku
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 23:13
joined Jul 5, 2014

I just realised that in the last page, last panel... Don't you guys see Ran's leg crosses over to Keiko's....? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful....

They're definitely spooning :3
Maybe they'll be forking soon.

God knows what'll come after considering how stretchy they are

Funny I though the logical tools to follow up were the scissors... 3< >3

They ARE both blushing on the second to last page, right? And guys, I feel sorry for Prism, but I already liked Stretch better at chapter 3 ... So all's well, that ends well.

Oh God no, please not the scissors. >_<

TheHaku
Image Comments 26 Nov 23:10
joined Jul 5, 2014

I wonder why they went with takoyaki over pocky.
Doesn't this deserve a Torture tag? :p

TheHaku
joined Jul 5, 2014

I remember reading this and almost being sick. Lol.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Part #3 getting released tomorrow (as in Friday, timezones differ)!
Prepare your teeth for sugar :3

Even if grab ALL the insulin you can... It will not save you from your immediate and sugary demise.

I'm perfectly content in dying that way!

TheHaku
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 21:43
joined Jul 5, 2014

I just realised that in the last page, last panel... Don't you guys see Ran's leg crosses over to Keiko's....? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful....

They're definitely spooning :3
Maybe they'll be forking soon.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 9:44PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Part #3 getting released tomorrow (as in Friday, timezones differ)!
Prepare your teeth for sugar :3

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 9:03PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

a site devoted almost entirely to yuri ntr

You can't say this and not link to it. (Please?)

You enjoy that shit? o.O

I won't know until I find out, but the novelty of that statement alone is enough to pique my curiosity. I don't delve much into NTR, and the rare time I've seen it be Yuri based it was under hot debate, anyway (Ex: "Your Fault"). So if there's a site full of it, I want to see more.

You know, as an experiment...

You're a brave man o.o
My poor heart couldn't take that. Your Fault was enough :(

Good luck with your experiment.

joined Jul 5, 2014

a site devoted almost entirely to yuri ntr

You can't say this and not link to it. (Please?)

You enjoy that shit? o.O

TheHaku
Yuri crush discussion 26 Nov 17:39
joined Jul 5, 2014

I don't really think the
"this tag is meant particularly for non-yuri series"
part should be there.

It kind of states it as a fact, and there's a good amount of yuri series that can have this tag.

Yes, but those would also be tagged as Yuri to show this.

TheHaku
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 17:35
joined Jul 5, 2014

I have yet to pick to up this manga still (I know, feel free to crucify me!).
But, there's only so much bait I can handle before I run out of household appliances to break and have to resort to windows and furniture.
I keep up to date with the discussion though, to see where it's headed! :D

Must hold out a little longer :3

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 5:35PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

i think the plot is only an excuse to draw some good illustations with vampire beauties in the middle of ruins and debris, and this is good enough for me

Lol right?!

Think of all the outdoor sex scenes we could have...
drool
I'll be in my room...

That chick bit a hole in her tongue

IN HER TONGUE

As long as there's no actual eating of the 'Gates of heaven', I don't mind it.

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 3:35PM

joined Jul 5, 2014

Suggesting tag: Yuri Crush

I think something along the lines of One-sided would be a better fit.
Or Onee-samaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Am I the only one who thought the biting was hot? I am? I'll just go over here now...

It's kinda weird; I feel like I'm into with it insofar as it's covered by their presumed vampire healing. I'm already a little strange when it comes to blood, but even in fiction, it's usually too much when it's something that won't always fix itself properly, like the tongue. I'm okay with having a few scars left behind, but long term nerve damage crosses a big line. Solve that particular problem with magic or whatever, and it becomes... kind of mesmerising to think about...

Well, they're immortal vampires. I think it stands to reason that they could probably heal it easily.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Just a random thought, this series would become the best series ever if it ends referencing I Am Legend

As long as they don't blow themselves up with grenades, sure.

As long as there is no depressing scene where a dog dies :(

There's a cat in chapter 2...

I see where this manga is going ;_;
That scene really broke my heart :<

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 7:04PM

TheHaku
Image Comments 25 Nov 17:06
joined Jul 5, 2014
1d17e19a6fe90e6459f122900c0c27e0

My heart melted a long time ago. RIP :(

joined Jul 5, 2014

Just a random thought, this series would become the best series ever if it ends referencing I Am Legend

As long as they don't blow themselves up with grenades, sure.

Even if it remains an easy-going slice of life we will probably still get a bit of backstory about what happened to everybody, next chapter is about a cat, I suppose the one in the cover page http://dynasty-scans.com/series/michiwarikusa_monogatari_vampire_after_the_doomsday

So... it might be a while before that backstory...

Only in manga are cute little cats still around after the apocalypse.
I'm 'personally' hoping it won't get too drama heavy. I need something chill to read with yuri from the outset. But I think that's wishful thinking.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 3:27PM