Forum › Posts by NicLarkin

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

WDTFS is a product. so, like or not, readers will review every chapter. if there are people who agrees. then, there will be people who will also disagree.

I don't know, how can this be the most compelling manhwa ever to you. but to me, this manhwa, has mediocre storytelling. I really have a problem with the main couple. especially with Sungji. because instead of making the readers, see the story in her point of view. we have to read between the lines of her every action. she's the freaking protagonist and we still haven't figure her out yet. even though, we're already in chapter 70.

there's a lot of inconsistency on every characters actions that you could make a list out of it. well, this manhwa's main appeal is the NSFW scenes and not the story. it's evident with the way, most of the readers react to every "fap chapter" I'm not nitpicking, I just can't help it but question, the characters behavior/actions cause imo, the flow of the story is just really sh*t right now. but I think i'll still buy the paper/digital WDTFS. I'll just wait till this manhwa ends.

yes, i agree, it is something that people will review, and have strong opinions on. because it is compelling enough. Not the best, but more so than most, for sure.
but then again, it's all about opinion and i suppose expectations. I never expected this to be a manga with a really deep story. Having said that, I will commend the author for writing up that intense Seju backstory. It really helped us understand all the hate that Sumin has been throwing at her, and all the things Seju is willing to endure just to get Sumin back. She's not only feeling guilty about cheating, she's also feeling guilty about what that Asshole brother of hers did. (Imagine being kidnapped, tortured and possibly raped! And that's just after your parents died and you broke up with your girlfriend.). And I suppose, Sumin is blaming her for it as well.
Again it's my opinion. i suppose the only thing i disagree on is how people are always saying that the author shouldve written this way or that. or this is how the author should write it. or this is how the character should've reacted to this particular scenario. people are not boxed up like that.

and i have not really seen a work of fiction that's always consistent. because people are inconsistent. we're whishy-washy and cant make up our minds.
i like the fact that in this manga, even if it is perfectly drawn, the characters are not perfect. They're flawed beyond measure, and that's really interesting.

also, being blinded by love is not a "catch all" explanation to every situation. it's just one possible reason why sungji forgave so quickly. again, im saying this, it could be temporary. she could be woken up from her horny self and change her mind. who knows. i dont know. noone knows but the author.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i missed these two. always a good read. :)

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

So being in love is an excuse to forget everything and not even demand an explanation, right. Or not being able to get a hold of her urges?

Love sometimes blind people, or make them think irrationally. It's easier to say that this is the right decision to make regarding a person, if you're not that person. This why when we're in love, we wanna tell someone about it and talk to someone, because normally they give you insight on what's right and wrong. and this is Sungji's first time. There's no rules, there's no time limit on when she wants to forgive or forget, she just wants Sumin.
Like, I can easily say and think that Sungji shouldnt have gone back together with Sumin. And that's the better decision to make. However, it becomes more difficult if it's the person who's in love. It's not that Sungji has forgotten, it's probably cause she's overcome or overwhelmed by Sumin's presence. Sumin was avoiding her as well, then went on a trip.
As for holding back her urges, well, Sumin's in her place, and have proposed to get back together with her again. before this, Sumin has always been, "you're better off without me" -- it's a different angle now, it's something she's never heard before. And this is exactly what Sungji wanted to hear from the start. The acknowledgement, the acceptance that Sumin loves her, wants her and needs her.

And well, Sungji prefers this, she prefers to accept it, is it right? who can say what's right, if a person thinks infidelity is unforgivable.. then well, it wont work out.. but that's the thing about love again. it doesnt make you think straight. In fact, love will make you think that you can bend the rules just to have it happen, we make excuses so justify why we can be with the person we love. I've been there, unfortunately. had made a lot of bad decisions, but well, life goes on.

But what I disagree on, is that this is a good development to give for someone who has been cheated on. Realistically, if someone is really in love and gets cheated, it is way harder to touch that person again so easily. But yeah this is a fiction, so this is asking too much.

Realistically, it's still quite unpredictable. I personally know someone who got back together with her boyfriend after the guy cheated on her. It wasnt easy, but she was convinced. Despite all our advice! real life drama can be even more nasty than some fiction. haha. anyway, for that friend, it didnt work out, because the cheating incident was hanging over their head. (also, hello BEYONCE)
my aunt on the other hand, completely kicked my uncle out, no looking back. so, really we cant say what's really the "correct way" of how a person albeit a fictional one.. would react. In terms of development, i honestly dont want to have 20 chapters of them just pining for each other, but that's just personal preference.

i suppose, what im trying to say in the end is, having criticisms is on the story is all well and good, however, there's really no right way on doing it. and we cant say or predict that certain things SHOULD happen this way. or that.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 9:50AM

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

I dont understand why people are complaining about how the author should write this way, or the author should write that, or explore this, or whatever. I personally think it's a well-written story, and I dont think Sungji or any other character fell flat at all. In fact, this is heaps better than MOST yuri manga's I've read. Really. And if you're wondering why and how Sungji forgave Sumin so quickly. well, to be honest, we still dont know that yet. we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.
The point is, is the NOW, the now is that Sungji is still very much in love with Sumin, and she's experienced how painful it is without Sumin. How, she missed Sumin, and how delirious she is without Sumin. And now that Sumin's back, willing, and asking her to taken Sumin back, it's not that hard of a decision. there's no FLAW or whatever else you might think. She's in love. and it should follow any rule, or reason, and she acted on it. And it's easy to give in, because she knows Sumin likes her as well. We've all been there when we're in love. even if the other person pissed you off, or did something douchy, you cant help but just give in.
In the end, all i want to say is that, i think the story's well-written, and I cannot wait for it to unfold, because I'm liking it so far.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

this is really good. im enjoying every bit of it :)

NicLarkin
Que Rico! discussion 18 Nov 07:53
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

lovely to read a new nishi uko. cheers to that.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

very cute and entertaining. but yes, I'm a NicoMaki junkie as well.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Okay. So, she'll start dating the teacher?

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thanks for that @newp! wow. a lot's happenin. sumin resigns. and finally revealed everything to seju! i wonder how long will sungji be kept in the dark about what sumin's really all about.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about her health now. this must not have been just some passing flu or something. it sounds serious. Anyway, I hope she feels better, and she really shouldnt push helf. I dont mind a fortnightly update, as long as it's not gonna pressure the author that much.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

well they certainly are making good use of that "mutation"

NicLarkin
Mama Yuu discussion 11 Apr 03:31
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

i hope there's more. :) i really like tamamisu's work.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

hahahha! nico did not expect that kind of explanation!

NicLarkin
WDTFS fans - off topic 06 Apr 17:56
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Thanks for the Translation @Newp :) i honestly cant predict what will happen next week! my guess is that sumin will not be 100% focused with sungji that night...

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

awww. my heart is breaking. even if im team sungji. the feeeeeels. :(

NicLarkin
Furumapura discussion 06 Apr 07:14
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

[10] I like it. Marry me.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

even i had cavities from reading this! :) so sweet.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

thoroughly enjoyed this one. didnt expect a sequel, and i'm pleasantly surprised.

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

awaiting the next installment. the climax is near!!

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

may be she wasnt able to eat the rabbit because she was sick. :)

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Yep, hiatus until April 11. See ya guys in two weeks

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

Sumin x Sungji are so adorbs omg. I like the part when sumin raised her hands lol.
I am somewhat happy that there're lots of dialogue this time, tho I don't understand a thing at all now lmao

haha yeah, she finally got her way with undressing sumin. :)

NicLarkin
Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

shower sex. shower sex. omfg. that's all.

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

the google search extras! im dying!! >___< this is so cute! looking forward to the rest of it. :)

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

what is up with that photo album!! good chapter. oh those sheltered girls. :)