Forum › Posts by Tiroskan

joined Oct 12, 2013

I’ve come to the conclusion that Ayaka and Yurine’s relationship is going to be stretched out over the entirety of their time in high school in a ‘will-they/won’t- they, we know they will just get fuck on with it’ style. Luckily I generally love the side characters.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I dunno guys. You all scream it's not yuri anymore, but just cuz Kobayashi got a temporary dick didn't mean she all of a sudden identified as male. Gender identity is a thing....In my opinion this made it more "yuri" since I saw it as Kobayashi realizing her feelings more, but eh I won't think too much more into it.

And about Tooru wanting to jump Kobayashi's bone after finding out she had a dick? Hell if that happened to my gf, I'd do the same. New thing to play with! It's already established that Tooru likes Kobayashi for Kobayashi and not for her gender. I don't see it as Tooru all of a sudden only wanting to have sex after seeing the dick. She's been trying to jump Kobayashi's bones from the beginning.

Can you please stop being reasonable? This is a serious ex-yuri manga after all! The implications are very obvious, Tooru is 100% hetero and there is no way the entire penis thing was just done for laughs! Wake up people! The end is near!

I think you mean 'Wake up Sheeple!'

Dragons can't melt steel beams?

joined Oct 12, 2013

Aren’t dragon babies born by hand holding?

joined Oct 12, 2013

This chapter makes it seem like men are uncontrollable, lustful creatures tho, I don't think it's entirely accurate >_> I'll pm a friend about it later lmao

I’ve had plenty of guys tell me they’re in a constant battle against their libido, but I’m going to assume it depends on the guy as well. Mostly I just thought this chapter was a little boring tbh.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I'm going to watch it and enjoy it and no one can stop me!

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

Like....... How is this not yuri? I don't see any subtext in this just only pure yuri with its bright light shining into my eyes...

It's pretty subtextual...

They're gals being pals. Very good friends with each other they are not gay at all. I don't know why anyone would think that at all.

That's the point, isn't it? What are they doing that's really much different from a dozen other CGDCT series where there's no acknowledged attraction, and nobody actually gets together in the end? Gobs of subtext, occasionally verging on text, but never quite making it there.

The author clearly explicitly ships them in a romantic sense, but that's about it. And what difference does it make at the end of the day if it never comes through in the actual manga?

I'm still enjoying it though.

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

Or maybe that was just the length the chapter needed to be. Who knows.

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, I had a mini heart attack when I saw it.

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

Should this be labelled as completed then?

Tiroskan
What is rape? 29 Jul 11:53
joined Oct 12, 2013

Pretty sure you're thinking of Lililicious's NSFW pages at the beginning of lewd manga.

Tiroskan
Henai Girl discussion 28 Jul 21:08
joined Oct 12, 2013

The Japanese cold is a dreadful thing.

joined Oct 12, 2013

http://yenpress.com/2016/07/yen-press-llc-announces-two-new-acquisitions/
Licensed.

OH SHIIIEEETTT.
Ngl, I'm at work hyperventilating, I'm surprised its Yen Press too though, but ayyya that description, cringe af
But yooo I'm so happy about it, this is definitely one of the titles I was hoping to get licensed <3

@Lyendith, tkt c'est chill. When Dynasty removes a series cus it got licensed, c'est parce que le groupe de scan prefere/decide de proceder de la sorte, pour encourager les gens à acheter la serie. You can keep translating it (unless the publisher asks you not to, but i dont remember Yen Press doing that. Murcielago is still been translated, i think)

Nope, CXC dropped it when they heard it was licensed. They're going to release the chapters they're currently working on and that's that.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Unless YP or you ask Dynasty to pull the chapters you should be fine.

Tiroskan
What is rape? 28 Jul 16:08
joined Oct 12, 2013

I think maybe it's the difference between trigger warning and tagging for content, a la sadpanda. Sometimes you want to know ahead of time, Bad End, but if you're looking for something to fap to, it'll get pretty tedious if anything vaguely non-consensual is tagged with rape.

joined Oct 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/yenpress/status/758738430213750785
Licensed.

Yen Press? I'm surprised.

Tiroskan
What is rape? 28 Jul 12:29
joined Oct 12, 2013

Its not rape if they are forced into it and like it in the end.
- Hentai logic 101

Just anime/manga in general. Probably at least 80% of everything has one partner resisting and saying "no" at some point. It's really not a hobby for someone who's particularly sensitive in that regard.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Oneechan being a bitch also works out in Sunako's favor though, since it keeps anyone from getting close to her.

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

How did she fit all of him in that tiny bag

joined Oct 12, 2013

They just gave Oga her own schoolgirl though, Mikoto can't be dead because there's no one else left to pair Sayuri with.

Tiroskan
Fuel discussion 20 Jul 21:30
joined Oct 12, 2013

all that anorexia in the 1990s were really what caused people to say fuck it and give up.

Haven't incidences of eating disorders double or tripled since the 90s?

joined Oct 12, 2013

She's a Dragon, I'm a...

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

i am not smart enough to read this i just wanted to see girls

Same. should have had more kissus tbh

last edited at Jul 20, 2016 1:38PM

Tiroskan
Prism discussion 19 Jul 14:14
joined Oct 12, 2013

I always felt like his "crime" was meaningless - ads assault us all the damn time, unsolicited. We should be free to do whatever we want with press releases, ads, etc. Period. Intellectual property is evil, when taken to this extreme. You have to be sort of soul-dead to be looking for over-similarity-to-an-ad in a work like Prism. What I always thought was awful about the mangaka is the child sex comics done just for the money. They're very basic. Man finds girl toddler, rapes same. Over and over. Given we know this is a talented, if lazy artist with good drawing and writing skills, that kind of prostitution really merits special condemnation. So I almost felt like he deserved to have something cancelled and lose a paycheck, he just got it for something I didn't believe in. Like a mobster getting nailed for tax evasion. I can see the rationalization - you pay the bills, and unlike flipping burgers, you simultaneously practice drawing. But I think even from a graphic arts perspective, i'd rather flip the burgers and draw as I feel until I get a publisher.

I think there were a couple of instances of tracing, or else he probably wouldn't have gotten in as much trouble. Also,

He's forced to do loli for the money

I love this meme.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Literally betrothed.

Tiroskan
joined Oct 12, 2013

Has there ever been another manga where it's so clear the mangaka ships them together without it quite seeming to translate to the story? Still cute though.