Forum › Posts by Ml33tninja

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

Nice :3 but kinda bland for my taste... like... it's too typical and obvious and... normal!?

That it's normal is the point, really.

I feel these stories get a double standard on this site. This the story had went the other way people would be bitching on how cliche the story is or how they have read that story a million times. mind blogging

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

No offense but chapter two feels awkward and out of place. Makes chapter one feels pointless. just could not enjoy it at all.

Ml33tninja
Teppu discussion 19 Mar 19:53
joined Sep 9, 2013

The fight I have been waiting for has finally arrive!! This Main girl is one of my favorite MC of all time.

joined Sep 9, 2013

hating on remi just because she's the one who's openly sexual with everyone(because they didn't have a choice with having sex with remi amirite) and ignoring the fact that she's the only one making literally 90% of the character development happen in this series AND the fact that nobody understands what's happening in ch12

yeah okay i will fight all of you to death to defend best girl remi(╯°□°)ຈ҉̛༽̨҉҉ノ̨

I do not hate her but seeing her methods I can only see her as a double-edge sword at best. I do not see her as someone who is trying to get others to see their flaws and hypocrisies. That is rather the side effect to her actions. There is something broken in her to be honest and she while she is openly sexual with others she is not open with everyone about that. Hate no but rather conflicted is the best word I can come up with to describe my feelings about Remi. I know others the story is badly written but I feel differently. Just like people who view others as caring and kind there are those who are on the opposite side of the coin and honestly I can't say either side of living is wrong or right. I look forward to the end.

Ml33tninja
First Love discussion 27 Jan 15:49
joined Sep 9, 2013

Boy that girl is a natural born player

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

Nao turned from somewhat sweet to borderline molester really, really quickly. At any given moment she's just like sticking her tongue into Aoi without her consent and I'm just like wtf

facepalm.gif

Nao has done nothing even remotely close to molestation. She was provoked by Chihiro to go on the aggression =/= manipulation. A brush of lips WHICH I MAY ADD IS PART OF THE GODDAM PLAY PEOPLE is always a pure gesture.

I hope you all realize that if no one ever makes a move in a relationship then literally nothing will happen. So please quit making up characteristics for Nao until/if Jin makes her that way. When Nao starts actually being manipulative, fine, have yourselves a party. But until then ctfo.

Nao likes Aoi and it's becoming clear that Aoi reciprocates. So quit it with your witch hunt.

But does she like Nao for Nao or because Nao is the first person to show her physical affection? This is why people TALK OPENLY WITH EACH OTHER. Yes if no one makes a move the relationship goes nowhere BUT honest and clarity is A MUST NOW. Aoi disguising her affection as a simple game between girls could really fuck up Aoi (in a real life situation) especially while Aoi is so conflicted with her feelings. I do not dislike Nao. She is just a regular person and people use underhanded tactics to get what they want but she is no saint at all.

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

Wow this series is just one big disappointment for me. Nothing clicks for me oh well

joined Sep 9, 2013

I read it a bit differently -- Yomi is a coward for going along with everyone else's wishes instead of standing up for herself.

According to my reading, Mahiru asked her out and Yomi agreed even though her heart wasn't exactly in it, because it's easier. She complied with Mia's blackmail attempt because it's easier (which is not to say it's her own fault, but she herself seemed to think she could have refused had she tried). She moved away because, well, it "solves" all her problems. Breaking up, for example, is not as difficult when you have an excuse, and she won't see her sister again for a while at least.
The point, therefore, is how constantly giving in doesn't make anyone happy in the long run.

Also, I'd argue drama isn't more realistic than fluff per se. People like to think it is (probably in part because fluff is often extremely optimistic), but really, the world isn't just a pit of infinite darkness. Sometimes good things happen. Sometimes people are happy. You know, fluff.

but the opposite has to be true as well doesn't it. people are happy but that takes REAL work and effort something many fluff relationships do not show (or at least it show well) IMO

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

For some reason, I don't like Nao. Anyone else annoyed by the fact she pretty much made a move on Aoi when she was very vulnerable? Seems like a scumbag move to me.

Forgive me for having to say this so rudely...so please don't take this as a personal attack or as me saying this is typical of you or that I think I'm better etc. etc. etc., but quite frankly if you see it as Nao making a move on Aoi when she's vulnerable then you have completely misinterpreted everything to this point and missed the mark so badly you hit the target next to yours.

Nao simply was comforting Aoi the way she knows how. None of their kisses have meant anything beyond a form of communication to this point to Aoi. Ironically the kiss is only hurting Nao if anyone. The one in this chapter was the start of Nao's aggression but it was not during a time of Aoi's vulnerability.

Chihiro is flitting around with a stupid game that makes me question the depth of her love. If you do that in real life, you usually lose if love is a game. And if love is a game on another level, making a move on someone who is vulnerable is not a douche move depending on the circumstance. You harbor your own feelings and if you decide to start conveying them, you are forcing the other person to take responsibility for those feelings to the extent they feel. It does not matter how you do so. Some ways are correct in situations, some are not (some are just always wrong like rape but that's a topic for another time).

Nao has been completely selfless in the way she has approached this situation. She simply did not want Aoi to be hurt. She has been in love with her for a while now, but she refused to make a move, and until now has not resolved to do so at all.

tl;dr - Aoi does actually deserve Nao if anyone. Read a little more carefully.

No just NO. when Nao knew the game Chihiro was playing she has a choice to make and to me she made the wrong one. If she was selfless she would have taken a step back but instead would rather keep Aoi in the dark and decide to be a player in this game. She may love Aoi but by no means is she selfless. Also it EXTREMELY matters how you convey your feelings especially if "YOU" know that person is unsure and vulnerable. How Nao comforts Aoi can easily be seen as manipulation. I do not dislike Nao at all but lets not put her as some selfless protector. People are people and we are selfish and are willing to do things that are not on the up and up to get what we want and I see Nao just being human. A big reason I love this writer's work

last edited at Dec 21, 2014 1:41PM

Ml33tninja
Fragtime discussion 12 Dec 15:02
joined Sep 9, 2013

there's a lot of "pathetic" people in the world, but i prefer to call them weak-willed, or shy,

That just makes it sound slightly nicer :P
Low self-esteem too, I guess.

and a good ending for me is when the weak person accept his weakness, without change them,

Maybe, but going for an ending like that with what has happened so far (translated, cuz the manga is already finished, iirc) would be a bad ending, writing-wise... MC showing courage and taking action (asking the dude about the girl (i forget their names) and going up to the board to erase what was written in defense of her) and suddenly back-peddling on that by returning to pathetic-ness, returning to square one (a cheap twist to the development).

apart from the MC, i really like the other girl, she is a character very far from cliche, after all this chapter i can't still catch her personality (thanks to a good writing)

She reminds of generic romances where the MC girl falls for the "wild/uncontrollable/unpredictable boy" archetype (hard to get a grasp on em cuz we are not given any insight into them), but in this case she seems to be grounded more on reality, a character hard to follow due to not being inside their head, but she is simply just a normal person. (Would've actually been more interesting if she was the manipulator ppl were assuming she was, but clearly wasn't)

I do agree I find those characters much more interesting and thought provoking. Those who are not the strong willed people. I know many do not like reading or watching those characters for other reasons(Shinji from eva for example) but they are always move interesting to see how they go against conflict.

Imperfect MC is a rather old concept when it comes to stories, very odd for me to see such praises fall into anime when it was done centuries ago (and even in history), suppose its a matter of exposure...

I can appreciate them, but when it comes down to being an irritating read (like running around in circles) I rather just skip ahead and see when something finally changes :p

You missed my point. Its not about exposure(I have read and watched many books and media) its about how the MC is imperfect. Yes imperfect MC is not only an ancient concept but a very needed one. The point is many imperfect MC are never lacking in strength or confidence in many stories. The flaw is usually somewhere else.(too trusting or naive) Not nearly as many MC have the flaw of being extremely socially awkward or having nearly no confidence at all. So yes I do see those characters as being interesting. Think about it.

Ml33tninja
Fragtime discussion 11 Dec 14:21
joined Sep 9, 2013

there's a lot of "pathetic" people in the world, but i prefer to call them weak-willed, or shy,
and a good ending for me is when the weak person accept his weakness, without change them,
apart from the MC, i really like the other girl, she is a character very far from cliche, after all this chapter i can't still catch her personality (thanks to a good writing)

I do agree I find those characters much more interesting and thought provoking. Those who are not the strong willed people. I know many do not like reading or watching those characters for other reasons(Shinji from eva for example) but they are always move interesting to see how they go against conflict.

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

Just Fuck Mika. I can't stand the way Jin writes these asshole characters who would rather talk in riddles and mind games than give a damn straight answer.

Ml33tninja
Rin Rin discussion 29 Oct 14:05
joined Sep 9, 2013

Too fast for my taste. feels like meaningless fluff. Not a good read for me

Ml33tninja
My Beloved discussion 24 Oct 14:59
joined Sep 9, 2013

I think this would be a wonderful place to end this, but it has seven more parts. I can't help but feel as though Jin is going to ratchet the angst up to the max at some point across the rest of it.

Maybe the we see the story from the other characters POVs. I don't know where you could move the story from here with seven more chapters. I never understand why people have such dislike for a character that feel more human than anyone else in this story. She has been my favorite character in this story hands down.

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

I only got to chapter 3 before but after reading 4 and 5 I just find it terrible. The backstory plus the reasons behind each character feels nothing but fluff. A huge disappointment but if I had to give it anything I do love the art.

Ml33tninja
My Beloved discussion 02 Oct 12:43
joined Sep 9, 2013

Funny how thoughts change as characters develop. Last chapter I was cheering Youko to fight on. Now I'm not even sure at all if I want her to end up with Nana. Nana seems immature and short-sighted, and I can't for the life of me figure out how Youko fell in love with someone who just keeps hurting her (obviously there's more to each character, and we don't choose who we fall in love with...I just don't follow is all).

Credits page: can someone tell me where all the ErixUmi is coming from? Far as I'm concerned there hasn't been much in the way of any development between those two any more than there has for Umi and Honoka, and even that isn't the main pairing for those two.

It is very simple. Nana was heart broken and her words were just her trying to protect herself from what was a terrible event. So I have no idea where you get the idea she is immature and short-sighted(she is only a TEENAGER!). They were not talking about an event that happened a year ago but rather less then a few hours. also "keeps hurting her" ?! what? How is Nana only at fault when Youko does not speak of her feelings.

Ml33tninja
Your Fault discussion 09 Sep 18:08
joined Sep 9, 2013

complex and confusing. I really like these types of stories as well as fluff ones

Ml33tninja
Teppu discussion 03 Sep 18:17
joined Sep 9, 2013

Aw damn... what a let down to know that there won't be more updates... (I read somewhere that the author abandoned the series, or something like that)

do you have a link to this? I would be saddened that this isn't continued

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

Alright last clarification comment I swear. Please people try to interpret some things that people write instead of expecting us to spell it out all on our own.

You are wrong in saying Emi had no idea of the second affair. She was shocked at the pregnancy because, you know, protection is a thing. No one can know the future but you don't have to be a psychic to see that Mihashi was digging a massive hole for herself for the sake of Emi, and Emi was at least partially, but completely, aware of such.

I'm not asking for Emi to be a knight in shining armor. Gray area people, gray area. All I know is that she could have given a slight nudge to Mihashi. Not even a confession is necessary. Shoot, if you see a friend doing this, intervening is the right thing to do, so in the end Emi fails to even be a good person in that regard.

Thinking back it's actually an easier solution to the trolley problem...two offshoots: one with a person on it, one with no one you can see. But you have to pull a hard lever to pull to avoid one person on the track you are currently on. Obviously the right thing to do is to not play "bystander" and let the train run over that person.

Honest to goodness advice, completely irrelevant to this debate...don't ever make absolute comments like "Expecting Emi to stop Mihashi...is unreasonable". Because as long as strong proof exists to work against you, that absolute comment turns into a completely asinine one.

I do agree and see exactly where you are coming from. I like this one-shot because it is not that hard to believe people would screw up this much. It is the old evil when good people do nothing. I feel people are easy to forgot their greatest mistakes and how easily they could have been avoided sometimes. This was an interesting read.

Ml33tninja
Teppu discussion 01 Jul 18:53
joined Sep 9, 2013

This should be yuri XD

Natsuo x Sanae is my dream couple for this manga

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

i wish i knew wtf was going on.

Pretty simple. Their relationship had stalled because Kana's mother issues made it hard for her to connect with people emotionally, and Kikyo's friends forced the issue which allowed them to communicate more and start moving forward with their relationship.

I really feel that Kikyo's friends crossed some serious lines here. I work in this situation but it could easily have made it worse. Helping is one thing but interfering and threatening people is going too far IMO.

last edited at Jun 17, 2014 11:03AM

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

i don't mean to say this but........gonna be dissapointed if they immediately go into an awesome-sauce relationship the chapter after next because their still needs to be more relationship building imo, i will be equally dissapointed if they spend too long meandering around around (it worked in sasameki koto but only barely i don't think i could stand it much more here)

Agreed it is moving at the speed of light and it hurts the whole story. Pure Water works because it keeps the plot simple and moves fast.(not that is makes it a lesser story but that is its strengths to me) When you add in drama and backstory then you need character building/slow down or I just cant buy it. I feel they will get together after the next chapter and that is when I will stop reading. Also the friend who encourages the teacher to "go bag" a high school kid WTF?! It is not written well imo

Ml33tninja
Teppu discussion 16 Jun 16:02
joined Sep 9, 2013

MAN HOLY CRAP TEPPU!!!! I fell off of this manga while waiting for release and I am glad I waited. Getting past the last two volumes has been a blast. Most sports manga usually dont know what to do with their female characters and they tend to have no real purpose. Not here!! The drawing is amazing and I love the MC and all her quirks. The last volume had he hooked. I will be waiting for the next chapter

Ml33tninja
Citrus discussion 11 Jun 20:09
joined Sep 9, 2013

The drama and story is too forced and moving too fast. This is hard to even read

Ml33tninja
joined Sep 9, 2013

oh look this was updated..........i know i sound like i dont like this but i do...........its just i've seen this story before.........a lot

Well it is basically Pure Water Adolescence.

pretty much but tbh i prefer that :P this is still good though

Yeah, I prefer PWA too probably because it was one of the first yuri manga I've read. DMT is different enough at least, with the teacher being somewhat naive and childish and the student being overly mature for her age (pretty much the opposite of PWA). Cliche but not too much to be bad, very much the reason I started to translate it.

I really would not call her naive or childish. Her argument is sound and I find the student to still be immature. The nurse knows next to nothing about this teen who just shows up during lunch periods. This girl just about attacks her in her office during school hours. That is not romantic that is creepy as hell and anyone would be shocked being assaulted that way. Plus the girl falls apart over a rejection by someone she barely knows does not scream mature to me. I hope this manga slows down(its moving at light speed at this point) because when it is moving this fast it can be good or terrible. At the moment it feels like the latter.

last edited at Jun 5, 2014 8:24PM