Forum › Posts by Yuri Girl 1001

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

i wish there's more on this.. it super cute...

It seems that Morinaga Milk will have something in Hirari 11 at the end of July, but it's anybody's guess whether it will have any connection to this one. I wish there is more too.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's out!! Just got my copy of Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossom Pink from Seven Seas. Buy one, buy one; support Morinaga Milk and Seven Seas yuri.

Seven Seas has been making a new stab at yuri; let's support it.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Why yuri is so good? 02 Jun 09:49
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ah. Myself speaking as a guy, of course. Dunno if that was clear. I'm all for acceptance and tolerance and stuff like that (largely thanks to yuri, it really widened my sense and awareness of prejudice and stuff) but still don't think I'll ever be particularly inclined towards actually practicing male homosexuality.

And why should you?? Everyone is who they are, and sexuality is something that does not readily change (or change at all). Love the people that it's natural for you to love no matter which sex. Anything else is self-destructive.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Why yuri is so good? 01 Jun 18:47
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I agree with esn too. I like yuri because, simply put, I am a lesbian. I don't have a girlfriend, I live in an area that really frowns on homosexuals, and my very religious family believes that being a lesbian is "an abomination." Yuri is my chief outlet.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Her World discussion 01 Jun 18:35
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Letting you know, chapter 3 has been revise, correcting both errors pointed out by readers. Also the translation in panel three of page 92 has been clarified.

Don't like "story within a story" stories, its really putting a dampener on this for me

I actually think this particular story in a story really parallels the main one and enhances (my) understanding of the main plot.

I won't comment on that, but I personally think that this story in a story really does add to the main story.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Her World discussion 20 May 08:15
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Your are very welcome. I hope I am able to continue doing this for some time.

Page 12: instead of 'certain' it spells 'curtain'. XD

page 97: "what I am able do". I think the sentence is either "What I am able to do" or "What I am able to". it sounds weird.

Ah, the perils of doing my own proof reading. I've been warned. It should be "What I am able to do." I'll either get a revision up at some point, or include corrected pages in the 4th chapter.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Okay, sorry about that Michan-sama. (I did say you deserve -sama after the marathon, and this was my first chance to use it.) I'm fine with the time; I just wanted to be sure it didn't get overlooked for a long time. I apologize for my rudeness.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I emailed MrEngenious with chapter 3 of "Her World" yesterday. I guess his notifier missed me again. Or I notice he hasn't posted to this topic for two weeks, is he on vacation? Should I do something else with the chapter?

Edit: Ah, as soon as I looked, I saw you on a different topic MrEngenious. Anyway, chapter 3 is in your email inbox.

last edited at May 19, 2013 8:59AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

While this isn't my favorite series, I do like it enough that I just bought the 5th (and final) volume from Japan. If you haven't found somebody by the end of summer when hopefully I'll be less busy, and it's only translating, I might do it.

Edit: I've decided I will do it starting around the 25th of this month.

last edited at May 16, 2013 7:34AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

It's much longer, you know...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girlish_sweet_ch01#3

but those are different stories with other couples

These two do show up in "be connected" p 81. Also, the final page of the volume has a panel that looks like it has all the couples including this one.

I look forward to Yuri Project's continued work on this one.

last edited at May 12, 2013 7:26PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Love all those works from Takemiya. She really knows how to do it.

(Also... -> Omoi no Kakera <33)

Takemiya Jin is one of my two favorite artist. (The other is Morinage Milk.)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Her World discussion 25 Apr 19:13
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Art work is definitely a matter of preference. I like both Hakamada Mera's artwork and stories.

I had previously translated chapters one and two, but now I've got to translate the rest. So chapter three will probably be a bit slower coming out. I've read it, but I can't make a translation from that; my vocabulary is too small, especially when reading kanji characters.

...Now where did I put those dictionaries and references?... As if I weren't using (all six of) them during the first two chapters also.

last edited at Apr 25, 2013 7:13PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I emailed chapter two of "Her World" to MrEngenious yesterday morning. I'm assuming you haven't had the chance to check your email, or maybe just haven't had a chance to get to it, so I'm putting this where you will see it. If there is some other delay, especially if I need to do something, would you email me and let me know?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I say thanks too. It was an amazing run, and you put up some of my favorites.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I love Takamiya Jin and have bought everything I can find by this artist. Thank you! It takes effort for me to read Japanese, so wondering what comes after this chapter will give me the incentive to read the rest of the book, just like happened with Fragments of Love.

I am impressed by the marathon and think you all deserve the -sama honorific.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

If you're a fan check out "The Last Uniform", one of the author's translated works. It might be a b***h to get a hold of but it's worth it in my opinion.

I bought volume 2 from Amazon.com; volume 1 was too pricey and volume 3 was unavailable. So I bought it in Japanese (second edition in two volumes, newly re-released) but haven't read it yet since it takes a fair amount of effort for me to read Japanese. Volume 2 was very good though.

I liked "If a Wish Comes True," and " All of You" by this author but not much of anything else ....

I loved these and am planing to buy them (in Japanese) on my next order.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Not that it's a big deal, but the Fly by Yuri icon http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19908136/Screencaps/Fly-by-Yuri-logo.png didn't show up on my recent post of Her World yesterday.

I also don't know how to get it to show up as an icon on this post, rather than as a link like here.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 11:46AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

This work is indeed a single volume of four chapters. There will be resolution by the end of chapter four, but of course I won't say anything now about what that resolution will be.

No schedule on the next chapter, but I did this one in two weeks while reworking my first project.

And on page 9, bottom left panel, I don't understand what the people in class are talking about, but maybe it is intended that way by the author.

I think it is intended as random snippets from several conversations.

last edited at Apr 14, 2013 10:44AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Read the scanlation while it was available. Bought it in Japanese. Bought it in English when it came out. It was my first major discovery in the now beloved by me yuri genre. I guess that means I agree with burlingk.

last edited at Apr 9, 2013 7:47AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

But the big thing that bothers me is that I don't understand why you kept some of the original Japanese words when it would've been easy for you to just erase them, especially in some of the pages you do in fact redraw over them.

Actually, page 66 was an easy redraw, just copy the fence and texture over the text. It could have been done with Paint, a true bottom of the line program. I'll try to explain my thinking, for good or bad.

My personal preference on sound effects is to leave the Japanese intact and place English text next to it. That is what I did unless there wasn't space, then I placed the text over the Japanese. I mistakenly violated this standard on pages 73 through 75. I noticed just now.

For spoken text outside the bubbles, I erased the Japanese and replaced it with English. There were two exceptions. On page 64, I put a giant English "yes" on top of the giant Japanese "hai" rather than redraw it, and for minor characters talking in the background, I put the English on top of the Japanese. Perhaps I should have redrawn it instead. And one mistake on page 61 where I treated "Geez" and "Whee" like sound effects and forgot to remove the Japanese. (Or maybe they SHOULD be considered sound effects?)

So it's not quite consistent, and I agree the font choice for spoken asides needs improvement. But that will have to be for my next project, because this one is not going into a second revision. Speaking of that, no promises, but I hope to have the first chapter of that (out of four) out this weekend.

last edited at Apr 9, 2013 7:31AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

The revised version has been emailed. Hopefully, it will be uploaded shortly.

I apologize to Lililicious for stepping on their project. I was careless, but I did not do it on purpose.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Uploading? 06 Apr 11:48
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Since I'm not an uploader, and don't know if I should be, I'm letting you know, I just emailed the re-release of "Cycling Under a Starlit Sky" to MrEngenious.

This should correct just about all of the problems, including cleaning the dust that Phyis pointed out. There was a LOT more dust and clutter left than I realized.

Edited: I finally got a MediaFire account and uploaded the new version of "Cycling Under a Starlit Sky" to it. Here is the link for It http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nsx22uya2ib2vp2

last edited at Apr 6, 2013 12:45PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Yeah, sorry for the Royal, I mean group president, we. I am ashamed.

Well anyway, putting that aside, though I'm still nitpicking my fonts, the work looks to go faster than I thought. The revision should be turned in by tomorrow, or at the latest Saturday. And yes, when I looked closer, I had overlooked several font changes, so that will be fixed also.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I love Otsu Hiyori, and I understand that this is your first one, but some of the sentences confused me.I understood them but I had to think them through.As orzz said the sentences need to be reworded other than that great job and I'm hoping we'll get to see some more of Otsu Hiyori from you :]

Everything else I have by Otsu Hiyori is already posted on this site. I will see if I can find something new next time I order from Japan.

I appreciate the feedback from Orzz and Yoori. I have received quit a bit of feedback, so here is exactly what is planned on the revision:
Use new, more appropriate fonts. Reduce the text size to approximately what is commonly used. Re-write where needed to make the language smoother and more understandable (I did translate very literally, I'm too used to Japanese). Add punctuation where it is omitted. Edit the wordless bubbles that I skipped. Replace repetitive name use with pronouns and smoother language. Drop the romanji "baka," I'm told it is in poor taste. And last and most time consuming, clean the images further. I may cut this one short to get it back faster.

I thank Yoori for the editing praise, but it took time effort and learning to get to that point, and I have a ways to go yet. For instance, the two page spread was pretty bad on my first redraw. Then, after I had done more and learned more, I went back and redraw it again from the begining. Then still later, I redraw again starting from the second redraw, and of course continued to make small changes for a while. What is posted here is effectively already the forth or fifth revision.

last edited at Apr 3, 2013 8:33AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I sent the icon to MrEngenious by email, since I'm not currently equipped to post it here.

Also, please add my Fly by Yuri group name to my user nickname. Thanks.

last edited at Apr 2, 2013 7:53AM