Forum › Posts by Fipse

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sweet :3 but why sayaka has to die for her wish? (making his arm work)... I mean, she doesn't love him anymore, I would have taken it back O.o...
You can't solve anything with just dying... he would suffer if he can't use his arm, but kyouko would suffer too without her, so who's more important? If I were her, I would rather make kyouko happy and stay alive, she's more important to me than anyone!!!
It's like when people say "don't sacrifice your life to save another" (even though the guy wouldn't die if she took the wish back =__=)... you have to think about the people you leave behind, your family and friends and how sad they'd feel if you died... you can only do for someone you can't live without.

Madokami can't just take back the wish and even if she wanted to, Sayaka would not want it. Yes she might no longer crave his D but she still 'loves' him. She wants him to be happy and it would be very unfair to rip away his happiness all the sudden.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well this is somewhat of a slap of reality to fluffy-yuri-lovers-faces
Like it or not. Deal with it

Why deal with it when i can simply ignore it? ;)

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

And a random question, where does all the yuri fans hang out now? Last I checked, the shoujoai.com was shut down and I don't know where to go to hang out with all the yuri fans now.

/a/ . Just don't be annoying.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Two words: Yuru Yuri.

There is Yuru Yuri and then nothing for a long time. Really makes you wonder why Namori does not put her manga into a bigger magazine.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Do we really need this discussion? Are most yuri doujin with a bit of "force" (i would not even call it that) going to be called rapey?

Sure, why not? What's wrong with talking about this? I think if there are multiple people who have some kind of negative reaction to the way Rin and Hanayo are acting in this doujinshi it's well worth thinking about.

I'll repeat: Discussing problematic elements is not a judgment call on the media itself nor the people who consume it. It's about awareness and, although less so with this particular work as we can hardly influence the Japanese scene, hopefully about improving the general quality of media as a whole.

It is not a problem if this discussion happens once. But if people start the discussion in this already very harmless douin, where does it stop? If enough people complain in the comments to many doujin are we going to have a "rapey" tag?

I am just afraid this is going to turn into tumblr 2.0

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Do we really need this discussion? Are most yuri doujin with a bit of "force" (i would not even call it that) going to be called rapey?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

These doujins get more and more rapey.

It is not the doujin that changed but the active readership on Dynasty. ;)

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Well that is a nice Christmas present. A cute, diabetes causing adult life story! I like how there is literally no issue of them being girls. Nobody is asking questions despite the fact Maki's coworkers know about it.

Fipse
LOVE/DEATH discussion 19 Dec 13:06
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think we got a late contender for best yuri manga 2014.

Fipse
I'm Back discussion 17 Dec 15:40
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Characters taking death so well is...........somewhat disturbing.

Well joining Madokami's yuri heaven is kinda nice.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Needs more
Maki's Mother x Kotori's Mother

But aren't they just Class S? Gay for each other in school but then getting married?

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Because it is so hard to call somebody. ugh i hate that cliche.

Fipse
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 21:19
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

You know what would be hilarious? If the manga goes on like this for another year (in their time), just showing us this level of subtext, but not enough for us to consider the Yuri tag, but then Ran drops this sucker of a line: "So we've been dating for a year now..."

BOOM.

I actually wouldn't like that. I don't want to read a mange where their relationship is hidden from the reader all the time.

Fipse
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 21:09
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ugh... I somehow have a really bad feeling about it now... I understand why Ran would want to be the mediator between Keiko and her mum, but she really plays with fire here, in my opinion. Keiko isn't even resolved about her relationship with Ran yet. So pressing Keiko with two relationships at the same time - this might really turn out painful to read... Ran should stabilize her relationship with senpai first, and only afterwards try to deal with Keiko's mum. I mean we should see the couple kiss, and we should see Keiko being physically aroused by that. Up till now she was clearly happy mentally to have Ran by her side, but being comfortable of being next to each other, even physically, doesn't mean the desire for sex. And no, that boobplay on the Christmas party was not enough of a proof!

The panties service starts getting really annoying if it's clearly only done for the readers. It should be the service for Keiko in the first hand! Yet Ran is such a cutie, HNNNG... and a gothic lolita cosplay with pigtails... oh my... Ah Keiko, Keiko! How could you not kiss her lying so defencelessly in the snow? How could you not hug her tightly when she felt cold? Keiko's really... really ultrashy and embarrassed about Ran... So just a handhold for now... Agh, I really-really hope that it's just my cold that makes me pessimistic and a bit depressive today. I really secretly hoped for a kiss this chapter, to be honest. Even if another side's asleep, even if on a cheek or in the forehead... But apparently I'm asking for too much.

And no more stretches! Hope it's not a foreshadowing of a broken relationship...

I think you read WAY too much into the manga. It is not yuri, yet. Their are NOT in a romantic relationship.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Man, this story. I love the art but I found the plot pretty terrible. Though I suppose you're not (really) reading it for the story ha ha ha.

I kinda wonder why people do not like the story. It isn't any different from a lot of the yuri oneshots on this page.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Before reading it: Is the Yuri tag accurate? Just asking since there have been some bad gender bend manga recently...

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Its well done, and ends up fairly happy (the 2nd to last page seems to be a flash back?) but its still OTT aaangst- all the characters were OOC i think- I just cant see it going down like this- I think they'd all stay together - a local college commute like Kagami's older sisters do would seem most likely - except Miyuki was going to go to a medical school if i remember?

I dont think it needs a depressing as fuck tag since they get together and presumably life gets a lot better for them both.

It is that weird thing in manga/anime where college means you life is fucking over. You will never see your friends again because phones or email apparently does not exist for college students.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I wonder if those two are going to make any progress in the third season. Yeah, it's unlikely (to put it mildly), but it seems to me they've already stretched the subtext to the point where I don't know that the term can be applied anymore. Miku's song in the second season was explicitly a love song to Hibiki, for crying out loud.

Her whole Symphogear is literally powered by love. They outright said so in the show.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Exactly that should have happened in them manga. Well without the sex obviously. It is very heartbreaking that Yui never even once called or wrote Azunyan after she went to college...

Did you read the manga after graduation? check these:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/k_on_ch01_4
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/k_on_ch02_4
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/k_on_ch08_4
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/k_on_ch08_4#3
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/k_on_ch09_5#2

They do talk Yui didn't want to see her or else she would be able to "hold back" and Azusa would have gotten sad after separating again, Azusa is the same she really wanted to see her. Honestly I'm probably over-analyzing it but this is implied yuri right there.

That is just stupid. Why did the author tried so hard to find reasons for them NOT to visit Azusa?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Exactly that should have happened in them manga. Well without the sex obviously. It is very heartbreaking that Yui never even once called or wrote Azunyan after she went to college...

Fipse
Image Comments 30 Oct 15:09
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
34489505_big_p24

This can only end in pain.

Fipse
Citrus discussion 30 Oct 08:09
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

So, what kind of drama happens next? Their mother catching them so intimate and sending one of them into the USA?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Isn't that the interview where both VAs say that Fate would be Nanoha's husband?

And they really do act like an family in Vivid. There is no denying it. Yuuno has been reduced to a 4 panel cameon character...

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Just a heads-up guys, there's an omake just released that really ups the Yuri (played for laughs of course but is worth seeing)

All the Neptunia girls are extremely gay anyway. Sometimes it is played for laughs, sometimes fore cuteness.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

A great Doujin! Thanks for all the hard work for translating it!

But one thing that annoys me... http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_wedding_vacation#5 once again Japan thinks that you have separate all ties when you graduate.