Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Alternate universes thing gets explained at the end, AFAIK.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know how many chapters there are? I have some rough translations up to chapter 20 and it hasn't been explained yet.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I really don't want to repeat myself about how being part of a community doesn't make you an authority on everyone in that community's mind set. But calling it nonsense because it doesn't follow your idea of what it is to be trans is just hypocritical. Then to blame this mindset on cis people is even more offensive, as if you're saying these types of trans people can't come to this conclusion by themselves.

And no, being curious about a trans person is not transphobic. If you are going to get on my case about adding -ed then you might want to check up on what a phobia is.

Cannibal
Two Spirals discussion 05 Mar 00:35
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'm starting to like how over the top Masahiko's stories are.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I even admit that I will request the yuri tag sooner than most, I will still argue for it for A Room for Two for example, but this series really doesn't qualify yet. It should get yuri crush at best, and even then that's cutting it close.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 11:18PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

there are a lot more translated chapters available, why are they not on dynasty yet? just havent bothered, or are they not allowed from certain providers, or ?

Probably the fact that no one has submitted them yet.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Being transgender myself, I can't help but notice the way this author portrayed a trans man is completely weird, and sometimes outright transphobic. He does and says stuff no trans men I know would. And that bullshit about "his body is female but he's a male at heart" just makes me laugh.

Edit: He seems to think that he's a woman (with a man's heart) until he does the genital surgery. This is horrible, transphobic, completely wrong and it just shows what cisgender (non-trans) people think of us.

You honestly believe that no transgendered person ever thought that way? Being trans yourself doesn't make you an authority on how other trans people think.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Most refined way to hold a gun. I wonder if they'll have a different job each chapter...

Yes, after the naked wrestling tour the only place for this series to go is alternate universes where the two fall in love all over again.

Cannibal
Anime season 27 Feb 02:23
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

And whats going on with Kemono Friends? Suddenly seeing fanart for it popping up randomly. Seems to be just a shitty kids show... then again... some shitty kids show gain popularity somehow.

I haven't watched it myself but word around town is it seems like it's pulling an Adventure Time, it's all fun and adventures until you start putting together the little clues to see it has a grim back story. Also cute animal girls with some minor yuri undertones as per usual.

Also if you're a fan of licking and heavy yuri undertones then you better catch up on Urara.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Depends how much yuri you are looking for. If subtext is just fine then list is endless, but if you want confirmed couples (At least a confession) then I can give a few.

Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san, Sakura Trick, Aoi Hana, Flip Flappers, Ange Vierge, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, and Kanamemo can all be found on Crunchyroll. Amanchu has an ambiguous confession, Shuumatsu no Izetta has an even more ambiguous confession.

Cannibal
Furumapura discussion 24 Feb 19:46
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

You can't just say that and bounce, give his a hint or a spoiler to quell this anxiety.

Cannibal
Image Comments 24 Feb 17:38
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016
Pulse%20ep38%20cover

^ Actually there are 40 chapters so far. It's licensed in English on Lezhin so you won't be seeing it here.

Cannibal
Furumapura discussion 24 Feb 14:59
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well that's ominous.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

All I'm getting out of this is that I'm going to have to be quick in downloading Dear My Teacher and wait even longer for Choir to finish.

Cannibal
Amanchu! discussion 23 Feb 01:21
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I really hope we don't get anymore Peter Pan chapters in the future. Doesn't even feel like the same manga series at all.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Now the question is whether or not it was cancelled or just a proper ending. Still 3 volumes though.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Surprised no one has mentioned Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 yet.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Well that was an easy decision. So god damn adorable, Yuzumori also looks a little annoyed after they split up.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 4:44AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I kind of raise an eyebrow at the folks saying Bridesmaids now isn't a downer because hey, there's a follow-up in an otherwise unrelated series and the MC only had to suffer the heartache anyway, and then be alone for more than a decade. I dunno, I'd consider that still pretty crappy.

I assumed the twelve years wasted included the time as just friends before the wedding because even though she understood each other's feelings she refused to act on them. Also, how could she have been married for twelve years and not pop out a couple of kids? And if I'm wrong, oh well, I like my version more.

No, I think the bride says she was married for 12 years. I mean, she says it was a loveless marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have kids.

"I married a man I didn't love, for the sake of my family... and ended up turning my back on the person who mattered to me the most... I was a fool. Twelve years, wasted... until I managed to muster up the courage to do as my heart truly desired. She was there for me then, and when it all came to an end... It's always been her by my side."

It's ambiguous enough for me unless it's just due to how it was translated. The 12 years could either mean the amount of time it took her to follow her heart, including the time when they were friends before the marriage, or the marriage itself. I just have a hard time believing that she was married for 12 years and didn't pop out a kid, loveless or not. She got married for the sake of her family, you think she would have had a kid a few years later for the sake of her family as well.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I kind of raise an eyebrow at the folks saying Bridesmaids now isn't a downer because hey, there's a follow-up in an otherwise unrelated series and the MC only had to suffer the heartache anyway, and then be alone for more than a decade. I dunno, I'd consider that still pretty crappy.

I assumed the twelve years wasted included the time as just friends before the wedding because even though she understood each other's feelings she refused to act on them. Also, how could she have been married for twelve years and not pop out a couple of kids? And if I'm wrong, oh well, I like my version more.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

On a side note, seven missed calls. Suji's about to be pissed.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Sports like lacrosse, basketball, baseball, etc... are somehow less predictable because only the final score actually matters, so during the game, you can have pretty much anything happening.

I'm not seeing how those are less predictable. Either the main team wins on their way to nationals or they lose and the season is over. Chances are they are going to win every game unless there is a loser's bracket they can climb out of. There might be problems with individual players but there will always be a net positive in results, if someone is bringing the team down then another player will bring them back up. If they are losing they WILL comeback, most likely the person who had the recent flashback will make the key play. If they are winning then they will struggling to keep the lead. The way Saki is structured isn't all that different, just like how Koyori has to play a match Saki will either end up struggling not to lose too many points or have to find some way to come back. When it comes time for Saki to sit down we have an idea on what is about to happen.

My point is that just like Saki you never really know how well individual players will do up to a point. Like with the current match, we don't know if MuneMune and the captain will win. After the flashback and the pep talk you expect them to win, but if they do that Agari has to lose for Koyori to play. And if Agari loses then she might never get that match with Kumami because she will look too weak. But if MuneMune and the captain lose then at least we don't get the cliche that a flashback/pep talk means a comeback victory. They are allowed two losses before anything can be said with certainty. And just like you said, it's possible for Agari and Koyori to not have to play in a match if the rest of the team runs the table. Which is probably what happens in every match we don't get to see.

I could be wrong about all this but that uncertainty feels fresh to me compared to something like Soccer or Basketball where the main team is guaranteed to win. And they will enjoy that win as a team, in SPPG they will enjoy the team win together but they might be more affected by their own round results than a normal team sport.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 6:00AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I don't really see it as getting stale, at the end it's just ping pong. The fact that you really don't know who is going to win unless it's the very last match keeps it pretty refreshing, that's the second main reason I like Saki. You usually don't see that in most sports manga/anime. The individual characters can win or lose at any time which means that they have more opportunity to grow to be prepared for the next match. Hanabi losing in the last two games, despite getting a pep talk mid round, makes me more interested in her character and look forward to when she finally wins one.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I'm looking for something that was on deviant art about two girls who met as little kids then started dating as adults piano is a pretty big part of it also am amnesia

Nevermind, got it
Melody of sorrow

for those who are curious: https://tapastic.com/episode/378266
its a sequel to Cross Heart.

Sweet, looks like its hiatus recently ended, too.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The "politics" in question are about Rin having the hots for Yuu, he wouldn't have bitten her if he didn't, and the implications of the sexual pleasure when bitten.

Nowhere in the manga does it say that the urge/need/desire to bite someone is linked to attraction tho, neither is it implied anywhere.

it only says that pleasure if FELT when DOING the biting.

ppl just over-thinking this and cluelessly spit-balling.

There's a reason why I spoiler tagged my post.

last edited at Feb 18, 2017 7:46PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Another series cut unfortunately short. :-( How many chapters are there in total now?

54, so scanlations are only just over halfway through.