Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Dang guilty conscience sneakin up on her lol

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Damn, didn’t even notice the age gap wasn’t there lol

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I was waiting for Seija to show up but still it was nice. It feels like Touhou lost its popularity or there are less doujins now just like Kancolle. Fate/GO and Granblue is the focus now

It definitely feels like there's a lot less Touhou coming out than there used to be, even from that a good amount which has already been translated from danbooru. Its what got me here a long time ago but there's still a ton of great stuff coming out that I look forward to as well.

I wondre if Azur lane will start appearing more esp with crossovers of kantai

Freya
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Shouldn't this be tagged tsundere?

Def thought the same

Freya
Ayakashiko discussion 07 Sep 13:37
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

No yuri this chapter, but oh the feels T.T

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Also, aren't they like....12y/o? how the F are they going out to see a movie by themselves? Where're their mothers?
SOMEONE CALL THE POLICE

I can't tell if you're trolling or serious to be honest.
I went to the movies weekly during the summer with friends when I was that age.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

It'd prob be better if she never finds out her stalker named her dog after her lol

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I'd like to say a good portion of this thread seemed to be a discussion on different styles of translation for something not easily done.

What's the other TL style aside from "preserving the feelings and intentions of the original author"?

Seriously? So the author has explicitly posted somewhere that the only viable way to convey the differences in dialect is to use Scots as a source? Laughable, especially from the holier than thou attitude you keep giving off on your responses.

The tl already posted another extreme version of what could be used, though honestly thankfully not. The Southern American accent is also used in many cases as I had said. The point is there are several ways to depict the cultural differences of the separate regions. Is one better or worse than the other from a translation viewpoint? A subjective debate at best. Is one or another better depending on your demographic audience? That's the debate here, whether or not the translation is identifiable as what is intended by the author.

I would not have guessed of a kansai ben dialect from the translations alone, with a southern american or something similar it would have been more apparent to me because is used widely for that purpose.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I"m sure some can be considered downright complaining; I'd like to say a good portion of this thread seemed to be a discussion on different styles of translation for something not easily done. For some reason you're taking it personally it seems.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Freya posted:

Mostly from the translators from danbooru, I've always accepted an american southern dialect for the equivalence of kansai ben or similar; esp from Moonspeaker.

The issue is, it is nothing like kansai ben.

The current is that much closer? I believe it needs an accent to portray the difference in speaking but it seems almost ironic that some spots need translated to understand the translation.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3226160

Easy to understand, yet still conveys the idea that there is a difference in speaking

You might want to read Roppo's notes here , or if you want details here. Or maybe this.

I've read them several times as I did the first read through... Not sure what you're trying to point out here.
Mine which you seem to have disregarded, is the fact that the current translations need a translation of themselves for the general reader; which somewhat defeats the purpose to elaborate on how different the two dialects are.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Freya posted:

Mostly from the translators from danbooru, I've always accepted an american southern dialect for the equivalence of kansai ben or similar; esp from Moonspeaker.

The issue is, it is nothing like kansai ben.

The current is that much closer? I believe it needs an accent to portray the difference in speaking but it seems almost ironic that some spots need translated to understand the translation.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3115086?tags=ryuujou_%28kantai_collection%29+translated

Easy to understand, yet still conveys the idea that there is a difference in speaking

last edited at Aug 22, 2018 4:07PM

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Feels weirdly of akuma no riddle

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Freya
Image Comments 21 Aug 07:18
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Just way to short for what it tried to be

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Agreed, unfortn there’s not a lot of lovin and lots of grumpy

Freya
Image Comments 15 Aug 18:08
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015
70051829_p0

Looks fine to me, though I've seen a lot of this artists work

Freya
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Good point, I assumed father but their ages do look different. It’s be nice for a non drama plot but we all know the usual routine.

Freya
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

i live alone ......
you live alone.....

can we live together tonight?

I think we were all hoping for it lol

Also, can that really be considered an extra? Isn't it just two closing pages for the chapter...

Freya
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Is it just me or does it look like Tsubasa is wearing a virgin killer sweater under her dress?

Prob just something sleeveless, it'd look a bit weird for a sweater under a dress

sad to see the quality has dropped

If it lets the artist draw more of this pair then I'm fine with the quality taking a hit.

Ditto

last edited at Aug 9, 2018 3:09AM

Freya
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

A series would be great lol

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

why the hell do japs still focus on valentines and xmas
when will they get over the white people bullshit

What?

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

without Raws I can’t check like the boorus but wondering how literal or leeway was given to the translation

Freya
Image Comments 21 Jul 13:57
Download
joined Jun 4, 2015
19309010_p0

She created all of Makai, technically she's mother to all of them