Forum › Posts by Lily_Writer

Lily_Writer
Fad8970e-c901-4004-bae1-4e5d013b5424
joined Jan 19, 2019

Bloom's 2nd Volume Blu-ray is selling reasonably well (about the same as the 1st) at 3,490 in the 1st week.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-02-05/japan-animation-blu-ray-disc-ranking-january-28-february-3/.143018

Is that considered a reasonable amount of sells? I just don’t wanna get my hopes up for a second season just to be crushed. Even if I believe that the project won’t start until the end of the manga.

Lily_Writer
joined Jan 19, 2019

They're also a bunch of nasty little gang-rapists. Just sayin'.

So are dolphins, but we never stop cute-fetishizing them. Real life is always rougher.

I suppose the difference lies between "this could possibly mean something" and "this has to mean something".

This being Nakatani, I think the boat scene (as well as the ducks) lays more on the “this has to mean something” side. Not the “has” that we wouldn’t be able to understand the scene without it (it’s YagaKimi, not SKU), but more on the side of “The scene is already good on the surface, but as soon as we go deeper, it gets even better!”.

last edited at Feb 4, 2019 12:29PM

Lily_Writer
joined Jan 19, 2019

Sayaka dodged a bullet here folks, and Yuu will get to deal with Touko's BS from now on lol All is well! Unfortunately the SayakaxTouko kiss scene I was hoping for will never happen, that's the only negative.

Well, I do hope they fill the expected (yet still frustrating to some for some reason) lack of Saeki-san/Nanami-san kisses with a whole deal lot of Koito-san/Nanami-san kisses! We already knew that they loved each other, now they also know, so all that is left to do is hope that Nanami-san does not. Screw. Up.

I imagine it now, instead of angels coming down from heaven when you realize you're gay, you get ducks instead
ducks are now the new heralds of gay

I really se a lot of potential in this, but we gotta start referencing it now on as much memes as we can, otherwise the other fandoms won’t get it, or worse, they’ll try to steal it.

Ducks are official Lesbian Spirit Animals and no one is gonna take that from us.

last edited at Feb 3, 2019 10:07PM

Lily_Writer
joined Jan 19, 2019

You know something really frustrating in manga and media in general? Confessions. They’re a double edged sword; most times, they just need to happen to keep the plot going (in the best case scenario. In the worst, the confession has been the whole damn climax the story has been building since the beginning and as soon as it happens, the audiance doesn’t even feel the need to keep reading/watching). And confessions aren’t bad per nature, but because of the way the’ll be executed. When between two poeple who clearly like each other, there will be a misunderstanding, wrong words will be used, and individuals perfectly capable of forming sentences will suddenly forget how to use their tonges, and when between Main Character and Best friend-who-has-been-in-love-them-since-the-beginning, there’ll be tears, some heated forced kiss and them something like “I was by your side FIRST! How can you love somenone else! How dare you have your own preferences and feelings!”. Sad, but it’s the way things usually go.

But this is Yagate Kimi Ni Naru, this is Nakatani Nio-sensei, and even when these kinds of cliches appear, they’ve dealed with such care and respect for the characters that you ask yourself why the cliche was unlikable in the first place. Koito-san running away, just like Nanami-san being too scared/confused to reach out for her, are action that do not break the characters nature. It was all in there: Nanami-san’s disturbed/unidimensional views of love, and Koito-san’s lingering fear that as soon as she admitted her feelings, the girl she loves would instantly love interest in her. It all makes sense, because the knows them, and as much as both reactions were to be expected, they’re neither boring nor forceful.

The same thing goes for the new chapter. And I’m sorry, Saeki-san/Nanami-san fans, but if there’s something that would be out-of-character is the idea that Nanami-san could reciprocate Saeki-san’s feelings. Nothing on any previous action of hers lead us to believe that she felt anything beyond friendship. This isn’t the kind of Yuri where fall in and out of love with other girls that easily (not saying that they’re bad. Simply unrealistic). Nanami-san loves Saeki-san, for certain, but not like this, it doesn’t how we hope that she could. Like the manga itself says “I feel like a I could be with Sayaka (okay, depends on the translation, but the meaning is basically the same)”... “But”, and this “but” is the very essence of one of the most irrational (and wonderful) things about love: you can’t chose when and with whom it happens. Nanami-san loves Saeki-san, and clearly wouldn’t be opposed to date her (and maybe fall in love with her afterwards) but it’s not that simple, because Koito-san exists.

And even so, the rejection isn’t overly dramatic nor frustrating on some soap-opera level. It’s sad, that was inevitable, but happens between two girls who have known each other for a long time and that are ready to talk about their thoughts face-to-face. The confrontation doesn’t last long (two chapters? Neat.), because it doesn’t need to. Nakatani Nio-sensei handled both of the main confessions in her story with mastery, and considering how Yagate Kimi Ni Naru’s great storytelling made the fandom kinda greedy over time (Mea culpa Mea culpa), I’d say it did not disappoint.

Lily_Writer
joined Jan 19, 2019

Wow, I am late to the party this time. Did Sayaka bang Touko or?

Well, what I can say is that she certainly made her wet. Like, a lot.

last edited at Feb 2, 2019 7:53AM

Lily_Writer
Image Comments 31 Jan 07:39
joined Jan 19, 2019
72877544_p0

Any bets on what Nanami-san is saying?

Lily_Writer
Image Comments 21 Jan 08:50
joined Jan 19, 2019
Dxsogeqvaaaw1qv-orig

Bold of the artist to assume that Sayaka, savage-proud-lesbian-Sayaka, wouldn’t be the one leaning down to Yuu’s lips.
Not that I think Yuu wouldn’t put all she has in a kiss, anyway. The girl is an obvious top project.