Forum › Posts by AntagonistChan

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 24 Sep 11:47
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
Masturbation

@lord-of-roses I wouldn't say that. Ten Desires is the 13th game, and I'd say the fandom started losing force after the 15th game, Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. For reference, the 17th game, Wily Beast and Weakest Creature, just came out like a month ago.
The reason I'd say that is because as you said, the very obvious culprit behind Touhou's waning popularity is Kantai Collection, which came out around the same time as the 14th game, Double Dealing Character, the game this character is from. I'd say it took until the 15th game because LoLK was a huge hit, even by Touhou's standards, and it briefly brought a lot of the fandom back.

last edited at Sep 24, 2019 11:48AM

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 24 Sep 11:38
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
Edi79hyxuaqymb3-orig%20(1)

I've seen them described as both Chinese Vampires and Chinese Zombies. Touhou definitely seems to lean more towards zombie.

AntagonistChan
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Oh, man, Chamaji. I used to read Chamaji's stuff on Danbooru, back when I read a lot of stuff there. And same on the eyes, it's super neat

AntagonistChan
AI Love You discussion 11 Sep 04:05
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Wasn't "AI Love You" also the name of the blatant "Ah! My Goddess" ripoff that Ken Akamatsu made before he did Love Hina and Negima?

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 03 Sep 16:50
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
76599821_p0

Wait, hold on... that can... Umio?! Buddy!?

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Owl Orb is giving me Power Rangers Turbo/Beetleborg flashbacks

AntagonistChan
New Game discussion 29 Jul 05:09
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

I always forget Hifumi is a brunette. For some reason I keep imagining her with dark purple hair.

I think that's how she was in the anime, IIRC.

AntagonistChan
New Game discussion 29 Jul 05:07
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

I was expecting a bait-and-switch after that first page. Like, "I can't handle girls like her.... because they're exactly my type!"

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 27 Jul 10:38
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
Mbdsz9t

Mood, Guda, mood.

AntagonistChan
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

I'm not even past the first page yet, but I just felt compelled to comment- Horii Kisuke's art immediately struck me as looking super similar to Takemiya Jin's art, and when I checked out Horii's page, the very previous story of theirs was a collab with Takemiya. Spooky.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 15 Jul 07:29
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
D_cqpwkwkaa2z0o-orig

I never saw the appeal of calling your partner "Mommy/Daddy"... until I saw Avenger Nobu. Because, uh, wow. Mommy, indeed~
Okita sure is lucky... sigh

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

... Can prepubescent children get anywhere near how seemingly tall this girl is? Just wondering, is all.

Sure, in fringe cases: https://www.littlethings.com/robert-wadlow-tallest-man

Dude was 6’5″ when he was 10 years old. ϞϞ(๑⚈ ․̫ ⚈๑)∩

I had a classmate in elementary school who was taller than most of the parents (he transferred to our school in third grade, and by that time he'd already reached that insane height).
I ran into him again in high school and he was even taller. Like, we're talking Shaq levels of height, here.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 06 Jul 05:45
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
69096842_p4

There are four ways to interpret this, and I don't know which one I like best.
1: Jealous of Saaya
2: Jealous of Tae
3: Annoyed that she's being third-wheeled
4: Annoyed that they're having PDA

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 02 Jul 13:16
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
En-1143933797848666113

She's like Kaoru, but goth

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Mahou Shoujo Yurina's Main Heroine... Peggle 2 guy voice 2!
Anyways MANNNNNNN I've been waiting so long for thisssssss!! The fact that we might have to wait another year for more... makes me wanna flex my own creative juices a bit.

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

I liked this, but now- bullying or otherwise- I really wanna see that teacher's panties.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 29 Jun 09:47
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
En-1144587425760477185

Damn, talk about rarepairs. Which is especially amusing considering that it's currently "Bandori Rarepair Week" in certain circles.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 29 Jun 09:45
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
En-1142069571500695552

^Most likely an attempt at shortening "all up on me"

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 17 Jun 01:41
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
D800qiyvsaazp5f-orig

^I was specifically talking about Shuten. Who, again, is literally based on a real life woman. You might see Shuten as looking like a child, but I don't. Different people interpret drawings differently. And besides, you'd be surprised what kind of variety of people there are in this world. There are plenty of adults who get regularly mistaken for children in real life. And, like, there is a limit to that, yes, but while I think the majority of Shuten's fanart goes well past that limit and is clearly drawing her as a child, I don't think her official art does.
And I know petite anime fans who are VERY bitter about every petite adult character getting labelled a "legal loli". Not that "legal loli" is a trope that doesn't exist, because it does, if I hadn't already made that clear, but it just gets misapplied a lot. There are people who see "petite" and think that's enough to call the character a legal loli, and they're annoyingly common.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 16 Jun 14:19
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
D800qiyvsaazp5f-orig

^You make a good point, though I'm particularly uncomfortable with people calling Shuten (and drawing her as) a loli considering her body's design was literally based on Aoi Yuuki's body. It seems really disrespectful to real life petite women.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 16 Jun 14:16
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
Cute

I still like the headcanon that, given the opportunity, Jotaro would have tried to set up Jolyne with FF, because as a marine biologist, he really wants to be the father-in-law of a sentient colony of plankton.

AntagonistChan
Image Comments 11 Jun 21:00
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018
Dca43quvwaarr2j-orig

^Honestly, I've been mistaking a lot of Kasuari posts for posts of other things lately. I think I had the same reaction as you to this one, and the next one that was posted after this (the most recent one as of this writing), I initially thought was Junko and Hecatia from Touhou.
I'm not sure why I keep making these mistakes, Bandori's basically my main fandom right now.

Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Okay, normally this series is just funny, but chapter 30 was actually cu- er, loved.

AntagonistChan
Sayo2
joined Jul 11, 2018

Yet another trilling entry in: "When I'm staring at a girl, and she thinks I'm hating, but really I'm just gay".