Forum › Posts by Yikuph

joined Dec 4, 2016

Why dynasty download and reader is so slow?

Yikuph
Anime season 18 Jun 20:37
joined Dec 4, 2016

Girlfriends anime? too old school and outdated. imo

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

Yaoi with pretty boys, hunk or masculine boys. Curious which yaoi fans prefer?

joined Dec 4, 2016

I like pervy comedy, loli or not doesn't matter. I much prefer this or Tsubakuma over Yuzumori san.

Yikuph
Anime season 11 Jun 10:50
joined Dec 4, 2016

Yeah does het romance develop? Kind stop watching it after 'he' appears.

joined Dec 4, 2016

What's funny is how Mako is very preceptive of Yuri to the point she can read her mind but then make very wrong conclusion reading other people intention.

joined Dec 4, 2016

How in the world did she manage to attract so many girls? (though the one I don't really get is Yuri)

Tomoko is actually cute and cool? Once she get over most of her awkwardness. I think Yuri is another introvert that comfortable around Tomoko because how socially awkward alike they are, and as Tomoko first introvert friend she can get a bit possessive.

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 3:32AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

24 years age gap: 36 vs 12.

Surprised none got triggered yet.

Must be hard liking Yuri(relationship only), no Loli, age gap, NTR, cheating, love triangle, incest, angst, drama. And I like most of the list above. Lol

last edited at Jun 9, 2018 1:07PM

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

This manga is not subtext, but it's a 4-koma and the goal of 4-komas is to last as long as possible.

If the main characters become an actual couple, the whole dynamic of the manga change and it distracts of the main plot point, which is them swapping and finding occasions to make it funny and cute.

That's why only side characters are actual couples.

Sometimes people doesn't understand how manga work. If it's comedy at first then they stick with it, don't turn it into romance or horror story.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

You know what would be great? A sequel where the trio licking each others' wounds (literally and figuratively) and rebranding themselves as the chuunibyou trio.

This. Can't take it as serious manga when they act like edgy chuunibyou instead.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

Too edgy, expected with most bulliying manga. That's not what happen in real life bulliying. No bullies is gonna doodle on your desk or burn your thing, that's plain dumb thing to do in real life.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Yikuph posted:

Please don't generalize 'realistic'. What I think of realistic here maybe just simply good story writing. Story that understand people emotion and their problem in life. Not plot driven or drama driven stories.

When people say realistic, they actually mean believable. That characters actions make sense in character and story progress in natural way. No story is actually completely realistic, cos that would be really boring to read.

I prefer realistic story because you can make sense why characters do this or that. Even if it's mundane story like living with roommate. It beat that over the top fantasy plot.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Please don't generalize 'realistic'. What I think of realistic here maybe just simply good story writing. Story that understand people emotion and their problem in life. Not plot driven or drama driven stories.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I wonder if most dynasty reader are weak hearted oversensitive person. Someone seriously triggered over this?

last edited at May 24, 2018 1:57PM

joined Dec 4, 2016

That was good. It's nice to see a story about a relationship failing. That's what happens more often than not, especially when you start dating on a whim while drunk, but there just aren't many stories where that's what happens.

But are we reading yuri for realism? No. We are reading for the girl x girl relationship. That's why this is a bit of an unsatisfying story.

I read yuri long time enough that girl x girl relationship definitely just not enough, it doesn't even amuse me unless it bring something new, some twist, not predictable overused plot.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Like, the story you can't guess how it will end.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I just love the fact, roommate is Shiomi shuuko complete copy.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

Expecting the usual plain girl x popular girl story.. and damn the twist is so good.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

Yeah I hate edgy pretentious manga. I love it if manga is using common sense with more realistic characters depth.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Pretty obvious the boy is an exception, he won't die. Anyway I stop caring now once his presence is getting annoying.

Yikuph
She.Know.Be discussion 15 May 23:22
joined Dec 4, 2016

I don't even care anymore how saki will end. They milking it for too long.

joined Dec 4, 2016

Showing attraction to Riko only matter as subtext nature of manga not mean as foreshadowing future romance.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

I wish more Yuri manga be like this. The content more important than the gayness.

Yikuph
joined Dec 4, 2016

that_one posted:

What if this just ended with Aoi successfully raping Kohane and impregnating her? Talk about mind break

I will enjoy this when mind broken Kohane will snap back at Aoi. Raping the rapist feels the best.

I'd never thought the day would come that people in comments on Dynasty, would talk how they want more rape in their yuri story ;v

That assuming all Yuri fan prefer pure vanilla story. I just fail to see what pure have anything to do with liking Yuri.

Yikuph
Anime season 10 May 23:20
joined Dec 4, 2016

The PV for the Peter Pan arc, and the reveal that it will take 3 episodes now makes me certain that the anime will end with chapter 60 or 61. They're animating chapter 41 this week, then skipping to 49 and adapting volume 9 for Peter Pan. Then will likely adapt all of volume 10 for the finale.

Unfortunately it means we're definitely getting the girls can't love girls thing around episode 11. Let us pray the anime staff can handle it better.

How any changes on anime really make any difference? She is not a lesbian let's stop pretend she is one.