Forum › Posts by ian

ian
Image Comments 14 Oct 10:25
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014
43058124_p7

well i was just saying that since it is a kids show (i am guessing since i haven't watched it), and since the artist has no suggestive sexual or explicit sexual material on their pixiv, and since "märchen" was used as a catchphrase for otoha (wishing bell happiness?) that the first thing that came to mind for me was 'cute exclamation' not 'wild sex on the floor' lol :P

of course going purely by the definition of euphemism, that could have been the artists intent all along XD it is reasonable to look at it both ways i think ^_^

ian
Image Comments 13 Oct 22:11
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014
43058124_p7

so its not sexual :P well not the word at least lol

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 10:16PM

ian
Image Comments 13 Oct 22:11
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014
43058124_p7

courtesy of Data_Score, the original comment was in the doujin of these two that was just recently released:

"All the references to happiness come from a monologue Otoha has around episode 15 where she keeps thinking about how happy she wants Bell to be. Also Märchen means "fairy tale like", it's one of Otoha's catchphrases."
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5509-nerve-discussion

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 10:18PM

ian
Image Comments 13 Oct 13:42
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014
43058124_big_p1

even if you havent seen pretty rhythm rainbow live, you have to think these two are perfect for each other after seeing this artist work :3

ian
Image Comments 13 Oct 13:40
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

you found the yuri of these two! yay!! :D <3

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

saki season 1 has a ton of yuri subtext, well worth the watch, saki achiga hen (which is where this couple is from) has less yuri subtext, but still has some good couples/couple moments, saki the nationals has no yuri subtext whatsoever and focuses entirely on the mahjong aspect

but i do like this pairing, one of the few from achiga hen that you could actually ship without going crazy from the lack of yuri content XD thanks!

Kinda odd that this couple has more doujin than touka x hajime yet they had less screen time...oh well

and i second this, hajime-touka had to be one of the better ships from the original (partially because of the way the characters are depicted, which makes their relationship much more endearing) and yet there are very few doujins of them on this reader? i wonder if that is because there aren't very many doujins of them period?

last edited at Oct 12, 2014 8:41AM

ian
Nerve discussion 12 Oct 08:06
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

omg, after following pretty rhythm rainbow live yuri on pixiv (by this same artist actually) for forever, it is really awesome to finally see a doujin of them!!! this artist is infatuated with this couple, and has multiple yuri works of them together on pixiv: http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=484261

though its mostly single artworks, i still really love this person's arts style.

thank you scanlators!! ^_^

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

in this case what you have is an allegedly very attractive young woman in an environment where she is forced to be dependent on others with no technical or self-protective skills to speak of.

Yes, this is exactly it. Rio gets hit on by older guys (men who are old enough to have their own place to live) who she can see are only interested in her body and youth, and she uses some of them to try to get herself out of an abusive situation with her family (and, in the case of the marriage to Akihiko, possibly to use him as protection from other men). She takes what freedom she can in a situation that offers her little, even when it means using and/or hurting other people.
I think the rant Rio goes on is the author showing us some of the pain and anger this girl has at the years of sexism she's endured. It's not meant to be polished or fair, or to express the complexity of her conflicted feelings about men. It's Rio pointing out how messed-up and untrue some of the stuff she's had to deal with is (like being told that women are less smart/rational or that it's her fault grown men hit on her because she "makes" them want her by being pretty) and how awful it is to feel powerless in her situation/society.

+1, i seriously didn't think about this as 'man hate' and i totally agree with the concept that women (no matter their sexuality) put up with a lot of sexism.

i have put up with a lot of ...genderism shall we say? (meaning people assign me qualities and characteristics based on their perception of my perceived gender... in short they assume everything about me based on their idea of what my gender is) and while it hasn't made me bitter it is very off putting.

so i can understand what was going on in this manga.

also don't think that 'man hate' was the authors intention, and even before i read the comments i wasn't getting a man hate vibe, more like a look at rio's inner personality.

*edit: though upon reading the entirety of Sol Falling's comment, i do have to say that the first paragraph of that post is pretty filled with sexism... though i do agree with the second paragraph of Sol Falling's post

last edited at Oct 6, 2014 3:20PM

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

upon reread of both the manga and this thread:

the manga was pretty average as far as story goes. takes a more 'heavy' approach to romance. and like many others have said we dont know if ririka is actually guy crazy or cheating. i am sure we have all run into the manga where the girl makes herself come off as 'guy crazy' so that no one suspects her true love or know one takes away her true love.

also like to give a +1 to kongetsume. since i agree that i thought both of them were just really insecure and confused. so i thought the ending was really awesome in the way that kiwa resolved to do everything possible to have ririka fall in love with her.

so in short i am still optimistic about the end of the manga

as for the comments, i actually sat down and read that huge block of text. and some of the follow up posts... and there is biphobia all over the place. saying bi people just want to have sex with the same sex (implying they can't actually fall in love with the same sex), calling them egotistical, true lesbians shouldnt fall for bi people (as a guy i assume this reasoning transfers to bi guys and gay guys). and then other people try and justify it with

I believe she wasn't insinuating that female Bisexuals are evil, just that [its] not good for lesbians as they can also fall in love with men and might choose men over women

and then to top it all off

Never never dare to experiment lesbian stuffs with a bisexual or straight girl/woman

its like the heartbreak suffered from your lover breaking up with you and going to someone of the same sex, and the heartbreak suffered from your lover breaking up with you and going to someone of the opposite sex is completely different. it is psychological, where you seem to take a personal insult when they go to the opposite sex

if that isnt bigotry i dont know what is

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 8:31PM

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

i like this, that last page had me scared for a while though. i thought Yuma was actually going to just think of the kiss as an overly friendly apology, thankfully though that wasnt the case....? well i am going to think of it that way regardless :P

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

this needs more comments, because its just that good... resolution could have been a bit better, but they do plan to live together some day <3

ian
Graffiti discussion 25 Sep 20:07
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

omg i love it, i love it, i love it. the story and romance and... just so beautiful

plus that catch all thread for 'what manga is this' actually has quite a few i have been looking for XD

ian
Girl's Ride discussion 24 Sep 21:38
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I'd love to read cyberpunk yuri. And girl gang yuri. And urban fantasy yuri. And detective fiction yuri. So on and so forth.

Where do I sign the petition to get this done?

lol yes! but yuri seems to be perpetually confined to school life with a little supernatural here and there

and i am not sure this deserves a romance tag, because it really was just subtext. i can see the yuri tag, because there is quite a bit of manga on here where it is subtext but tagged as yuri, but romance.... no, i really don't see it :P

ian
Sweet Nail discussion 24 Sep 20:41
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

i liked the romantic feel it had myself. it also had that "vulnerable in your lovers arms" type of feeling that i can relate to really well.

+1 for what flips said too though, i loved it ^_^

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

very sweet, very nice <3 nice, calm, loving, just perfect ^_^

ian
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

ah i was really apprehensive about this because it didn't have a romance tag, so i was thinking it wouldn't end well.

to be sure this is better than mira's other works, no offense. the others may have been 'sweeter' but they weren't as skillfully constructed as this one.

also: yuri is two women in a relationship it does not have to be two overtly insanely feminine women to be yuri.

and if you have feelings for someone and yet you don't feel like you could be in a relationship with a person of the same sex....? i don't get this reasoning? assuming you are defining feelings as genuine love that shouldn't really be a problem. if you are genuinely in love with someone but don't think you can be with them because they are the same sex, then that is really just your societal training (or we could call it brainwashing) at work. at which point i would say you either have the willpower to be true to yourself, the person loves you enough where they don't give up, or you both cave and the relationship fails :(

with that in mind i think that the relationship in this manga didn't work out because of the age gap. where miya just wasn't mature enough to be in a relationship with kondou. she was playing at being in a relationship and was projecting her expectations onto kondou. and yeah the whole 'boyfriend' aspect played into that, but i have also seen it happen with a lot of age gap het couples (in real life) too.

but oh well, great read! and whoever said SFW doujins get lost in scanlation i say blasphemy! more SFW doujins like this!!!

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

It's great that it's risa who confessed though. Usually it's always Shinjou's type who confesses. So that was a really step up from the usual.

i agree. people are saying the story is cliche, but for one thing there is only a limited number of ways you can tell a story (especially one that is mainly character interaction and romance).

but it is nice to see this, since i know plenty of people who are generally aggressive but shy about their feelings, and people who may seem laid back but can be really determined when it comes to telling people how they feel.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I like the idea of these two together, one day as a couple...

Anyway, the Color illustration of these two: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/under_one_roof_ch07#2

Hirari #12, has the 2nd part of this story.

Hirari, #14, the final issue on sale now, has the 3rd part of this story.

so there are two more parts? oh man i hope there are, and i hope they get translated XD

ian
Heartbreak discussion 18 Sep 07:46
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

yes! about time we get a happy one shot! and adult life romance too, the best kind

i hope to see more from this author ^_^

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

It wasn't the sex which Youko was talking about (doing out of loneliness). It was feeding her, taking her out, and basically keeping her around in the present world as a companion. After realizing how helpless Megu was over here (and that she was using her to deal with her own loneliness), Youko decided to give Megu what she needed so she could return to her own world. Essentially, Youko kept Megu around out of loneliness, but had sex with her out of altruism/love.

ah, now you make me feel like an idiot for being so narrow minded about interpreting that XD definitely makes more sense from your perspective. thanks Sol Falling ^_^

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

as optimistic as that ending is, i just can't get myself to think of it as a happy ending... okay, maybe it is a happy ending. after all kanna seemed like she was starting be more open with rina. and the ending was certainly a lot better than some other yuri i have read lately :P

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

now that is a stand alone one-shot that has an sour ending, but also one that doesnt really need another installment. yeah i would like to know why she needed her eggs specifically, but i guess we will never know.

and she said she did it out of loneliness, but i dont really get that feeling... at all really. i mean she starts off by saying that you only do that kind of thing with someone you love, and then post sex (or whatever that was) she seemed pretty sad that megu was leaving (and that smile/blush when megu hugged her). bottom line, i don't get the loneliness thing, i mean i could see that being a contributing factor but the sole reason?

last edited at Sep 13, 2014 8:39AM

ian
Your Fault discussion 11 Sep 17:45
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

look at the gap in perception of these two pages:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/your_fault#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/your_fault#32

if you have spent your entire life around someone and you don't understand that sometimes what your friend says is not the way they really perceive you (not only that, look at page one, ayaka says "don't hug me!" then goes and willingly holds hands directly after that), then you don't deserve them. not once did ayaka mention her thinking that kanako was childish in her 15 some pages of her POV, not once (she actually does the opposite and calls herself childish, essentially for trusting kanako). the point being ayaka doesn't think of kanako being childish.

ayaka>kanako, kanako doesn't deserve ayaka's feelings. and i am so done. lately my yuri manga reading experience has been filled with angst and rage. i should have never taken a break from homework.

speaking of which i have seen some pretty iffy angst tags (where i thought it wasn't angst), but this one doesn't have one.......?

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 5:47PM

ian
Happy End discussion 08 Sep 21:45
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

you know its bad when you go to myanimelist to update this to your "completed" list (and give it a 4/10) and one of the popular tags is "bad end"

-_-

ian
Happy End discussion 08 Sep 15:02
Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

I really liked the story as it was until chapter 8, I thought the romance was developed well and the character interactions were nice...... but with the amount of development that went into the yuri-incest relationship here I really feel like the author just wanted to slap us in the face. is anyone really going to pick up this manga, read more than 2 chapters, and expect or want het? no, and if they do, they won't continue reading. we read this for the yuri, and this conclusion was absolute crap.

this will create an uproar, be something you refer to when you say "good yuri ruined by non-existent het" but it will not be something you recommend to others, it won't be on your favorites on MAL, and you definitely won't buy it.

I loved this story, I really did. but I am over it. why? because there is a lot better yuri out there, and I don't have to put up with this crap