Forum › Posts by Fipse

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

In any other manga I would have celebrated this chapter but here...well I kinda miss all the prostitution silliness. It is an absolutely adorable cute storyline but It feels like the manga is slowly losing its original focus.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

That escalated a lot quicker then I expected it to do. I assumed we would have 20+ chapters of secrecy stuff, but we are already almost at the teaming up against the agencies plot point.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Going to her sister for help is definitely the smartest thing she has done so far.

Fipse
Maple Love discussion 16 May 12:31
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think this was one of the first I read on this site. Such a wholesome classic.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Kanna has a big sister or (way) upper classmate vibe. I do not think we get a love triangle now.

Fipse
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 08:53
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sorry I did not mean it like that. I do understand why it was done in this story and it is most likely the best outcome for the two to grow up and old together. It is more a general dislike of this story trope because it is so often used. Seems to be a general theme in fiction that immortality only brings sadness and misery.

Ok im actually curious cause from my perception its the opposite. I cant really think of a single yuri manga about immortality that ends with the characters losing their immortality and getting to live together normally. Could u send some cuz id find that interesting. And yea generally i share the view of immortality being something horrifying (in fact it was a thought that terrorised me for a year of a few in my childhood and i still think that there is nothing even remotely as terrifying) so i dont really like endings that maintain the immortality.

I was not talking specifically about yuri but fiction in general. Especially in romantic stories immortality usually shown as something bad because you lose your family and loved ones (which happens in a mortal life anyway but that is rarely addressed).

Fipse
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 07:31
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Not because reasons.

Sorry I did not mean it like that. I do understand why it was done in this story and it is most likely the best outcome for the two to grow up and old together. It is more a general dislike of this story trope because it is so often used. Seems to be a general theme in fiction that immortality only brings sadness and misery.

Fipse
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 03:32
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I really enjoyed the series all up to the last arc. It was just too drama heavy to finish the otherwise rather more relaxed story. The memory loss fakeout made it a lot worse since it stole the majority of the last chapter for...absolutely no reason. After all the hardship in the end why not show us the two happy together? A bizarre move.

Personally I would have preferred the two being immortal lovers together but that is just the way these kind of stories always go. Becoming mortal because reasons.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I always hate that trope with the parents having to move because of work and tearing their children away from their friends and so. Now we actually have a child who is really enthusiastic about moving and they just send her to her grandma for years.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
Dcon_34-1185309867172495360-img1

AppleDash is the OG pairing though.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

So is the mom going to join?

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
_evelili-1639243163326971906-img1

I was on SciWi and Sunset first but after one of the movies I am now firmly on the Trixie Sunset side.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
3weeks

Will the manga be available in english? I do not mind owning the Japanese version just to support the artist but having it in english too is nice.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Yeah it looks like there's gonna be an anime. There's no way it isn't massively toned down, though. Honestly I have a hard time believing it will hold a candle to the manga. Too many people would whinge about it. Still, I guess we'll see.

Pretty certain people on social media will take issue with the series regardless. The main character is an outlandish sadist villain and that's not going to go over well. I'm just gonna do my best to keep my head down and avoid the drama the best I can..

Well they can be outraged all they want, not going to change anything in the anime.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh no, the story about high school kids involves some of the friends feeling frustrated that they're not spending as much time together as they used to. Time to piss and moan about it on the internet because they mildly inconvenienced the romance in a way that will no doubt ultimately advance their relationship.

Always funny do not seem to remember their own teenage years and how unreasonable young people can be.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

In the real world, Yamada would have tossed her out on her ass and not looked back. That's how stupid this current arc is.

Eh really? Yamada is way too nice for that. She would have at least tried to talk Kase out of it.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ahhh fuck, insecurity time because she's never learned that there's a difference between positive and toxic relationships, has she.

Her friend is just jealous and annoyed. I would not call it toxic but...teenagers.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think a lot of Western TV and movies have comedy that revolves around misunderstandings.

The genre of the romantic comedy would instantly cease to exist if it removed all the misunderstandings.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Alcohol is not excuse for this kind of behavior. If you get that unhinged when drinking, do not drink in public.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I can't wait for the inevitable storyline in which the police bust up this prostitution ring.

You mean the sexy female police officer joining it?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
Zocehuy1-1593981064334155778-img3

Maybe Homura is a KyoukoxSayaka shipper.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I do have to question the wisdom to make an all powerful weather satellite that only one person can control and fix.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

This was such a relaxed chapter. Appropriate for a relaxed day.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

After giving that manga another read (I already did too many times) I think it did not need a full confessions. A lot of relationships never have that epic "I love you" moment. They simply develop into a romance.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

ho. ly. fuck. i... really hope things become better for them. jesus.

What do you mean? It is such a lovely and healthy relationship!

Jesus Christ get those two girls some councilors!