joined Dec 27, 2015

Very cute^!!
Like it!
Would love to see more!

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 1:28PM

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Cryssoberyl said,
"On the flip side, No-rae's hair has grown out noticeably now...I hope that is allowed to continue."

I do like her better in longer hair. I think it softens her look a little more. It probably brought back some nice memories for Sung-Pyo.

I am hoping that the little tit for tat that happened between Seola and Sung-pyo is a bit of foreshadowing of the change in their relationship with Norae. When Seola said " You can stop with your petty excuses, you can go now, I'll take care of her from now on." And he meekly replied " then please take good care of her". It almost felt as if the torch was being passed on from Sung-Pyo to Seola so to speak. That from this moment on, 'I, Seola, will be by her side, not you.' And he acquiesced that spot to her as he left. I wondered then if Ssamba was using this as an metaphor to show that Sung-Pyo was leaving Norae's life, and, Seola had become Norae's significant other, her caretaker, her lover.

Maybe I'm reading too much into that incident. But I thought it was cool.

joined Dec 27, 2015

sesnta y ocho!

http://imgur.com/a/rLskI

also, a song to cool off and begin a new monday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJD-im_4xNI

Good day people :)

Tanks thatanon!
Very cool.
You and your work are like the return of a fragrant,warm, sunny spring day after a cold harsh winter, we always welcome your return.

joined Dec 27, 2015

cipp said,
"You really stepped in it this time dude, I almost felt bad for the guy because Seol-a really went off on him lmao"
Funny! And for her, she really did.

Welcome mandm36!

joined Dec 27, 2015

madlax232 said,
"You know what? Its far more annoying when someone implies the only reason people dislike the actions of a male character in a yuri story is because he is indeed a male character or ex lover.
He is a nice guy but I found him pretty annoying, and not because "eww, ex male lover here again ruining my yuri!""
Agreed!
I have hated on female and male characters equal in romance stories, not because of what's between their legs, but what's in their hearts, mind and so on.

Tank you halmoni !

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:22PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

So, hmm, yeah... still as fluttery as ever. Can't say much more about this until there's some translation.

Sung-pyo made a remark about her nails, so she cut them on the spot?

And he left, like, "she cut her nails for No-rae, my life has no meaning now... let's disappear into the night..."

shrug

EDIT: okay, I was right about the nails thing. But yeah... no real progress between the two, except maybe that Seol-a is marking her territory.

^And I don't think Sung-pyo is a douche. He just still likes No-rae and appears to feel guilty about their break-up.

Yes, I get what you and madlax232 are saying, and if logic controlled my thought processes this weekend I wouldn't have said that he's a douche, but he's a douche!
I hate that he's just a plot device. That he's so milquetoast! I would respect him much more if he were more emotional. If he would stake a claim to being back in her life. Instead of just trying to squirm his way into her personal life again, like a tick. I sometimes feel sorry for him, I feel at times he just got caught up in bad timing in his life, and relationship with Norae. But have a pair and tell me what you feel, what you want.
This is different from Seola. They are friends. And Seola is beginning to mark her territory, and get a little more aggressive. It's different for her being a friend, and moving forward to another emotional bond. Maybe moving on to lovers. If Seola was in Sung-pyo same position, I would want the same reaction. Talk to me, tell me what's in your heart, then sweep me off my feet. I'll either kill you or kiss you, but I'll respect you either way.
He's a douche!

ffins07 said
THAT. Even viewing Seol-a as a friend (which is all I'd reasonably expect), implying that she'd be careless taking care of her friend. And since many of us are sympathetic to Seol-a's views, it's can be felt as an offensive comment, wherein the reaction is going to be "I don't need to be told how to take care of my friend I've known for a while, thanks. ...Rude."
Agreed!!!
Douche!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 12:02PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Thanks cipp. Im glad Seol-A practically kicked him out. I mean seriously, he wanted to stay and he isnt close to No-Rae now, how annoying.

At first when she left the room I was so afraid she was going to leave and abandon Norae to him, but as you said, thankfully she was very determined not to give up her personal space to him.
He's such a douche!

joined Dec 27, 2015

Being someone who uses fake nails all the time, I feel guilty of being so jealous of her nails. She has no flaws!

joined Dec 27, 2015

I wonder what Seol-a said to Sungpyo as she put out her hand towards him.

Could it be: "look, I've already trimmed my nails and I'm all ready for it. You better f*ck off it's my time now".

One can only hope.

Funny!
I do think she was using the force, the dark Jedi mind power to make him leave, did you notice after he left in a few blocks he kinda looked back with a 'what just happened' look. I always thought there was a StarWars connection to this story.

SeolA is a Yuri Jedi!

joined Dec 27, 2015

I know it's rather repetitive , but I do find it funny.
The Dragon Ball Z style of making each challenger a bit stronger in the ways of Yuri, it's funny.

joined Dec 27, 2015

waaaaht said,
"the little gay moments lmao."
Those moments make my day!! Kinda like finding 10 dollars in the dryer yesterday...... Tonight it's PIZZA!

Kisa
Image Comments 14 Mar 18:58
joined Dec 27, 2015
54756801_p0

Very sweet. Fattening even. On a side note, I love her hairpin!

joined Dec 27, 2015

jmv said,
"I wouldn't say it's needlessly. It wouldnt get personal if she didn't repeatedly attacking the author "personally."

No, it wasn't needed really. No one needs to go after another member personally. I get the frustration over having someone rain down negatives on a story you like.
Once in an anime series I liked we had a couple of really bad trolls, I mean worse than Bilbo Baggins ever had to deal with, and while everyone vented their frustrations at them, I realized these trolls were not going to stop me from watching my show, or lesson my joy. After a while I began to laugh at some of their attempts at needling the others, it gets funny sometimes, and over time we just ignored the negative comments that were not at least sensible or intelligent enough to warrant a response, and the trolls faded away, (or turned to stone).

It crosses a line tho when it gets personal, it's not needed, this is not a Donald Trump for president rally, (shudder)

joined Dec 27, 2015

madlax232 said,
"When there aren't discussions about what the characters think or why they act the way they do and about where the story is heading, that's actually worst. It means there's isn't interest in the story. 'Building fantasies' or how I'd call it, sharing theories keeps a story and the group of people interested in it, alive. That the fun part."
Agreed!
How many post is this? You can look all thru Dynasty and find series that generate what? Two or three post. This IS a good barometer of how well the author has created interest in the story. And Ssamba has done a good job of pulling in a large diverse audience.

Nya-chan said,
"When you can't make head or tail, or have to build a fantasy, about what the characters think or why they act the way they do and about where the story is headed, it's not a question of taste, it's just bad writing. Only the characters save this in my eyes."

I guess that's one way to look at it.But as you said Ssamba has created interesting characters. The audience cares about them, they pull you into their emotions and thoughts, you feel their pain with each failure and smile at each silly mistake, and rejoice in each small success. That IS good storytelling! Look how often we all show up each week for each new chapter, we, you, us. It's not perfect. But it is interesting.

kimchikid said,
"Let's just wait till the ending and then we can judge."
Agreed.
Sometimes when you see a story thru to its end, you look back and see if all the twist and turns succeeded in creating drama, or were just unnecessary appendages that only cluttered the story. I am enjoying the journey, and will wait till the end to cast judgement. It's been a fun ride so far.

last edited at Mar 14, 2016 5:39AM

joined Dec 27, 2015

I think we didn't see any No-rae progression after the accident because it'll be out of character. No-rae doesn't let people get that close to her and in her eyes letting Seol-a see so much of her after the accident was a lapse of judgment. The fact that she's feeling the way she does toward Seol-a is even more of a reason to push Seol-a away or she'll end up getting hurt again.

Seol-a didn't resume her confession because seeing with her own eyes No-raes ex BOYfriend lowered her confidence. For her it was just another proof that No-rae is Straight and might have feelings for someone else.

So, you think that they won't end up together?

Because everything that happens seem to drive them apart from each other. Seol-a thinks No-rae is straight as an arrow and that a confession will ruin their friendship. No-rae doesn't want to get too close of Seol-a because she's afraid to be hurt again after her failed relationship with Sung-pyo.

So, them getting together somehow, will look like an asspull.

Unless... they talk.

That would be nice.

Sorry Nya-chan, you popped in before I posted, and you covered some of my questions, my bad.

joined Dec 27, 2015

Good comments all!!
Too many good thoughts above me to answer all. Good job everyone!

I'm guessing here, but in certain society's , certain groups, certain people, it is not easy coming to terms with love that is outside what SOME consider the norm. Does anyone here think Norae is gay?
I don't think she is. It is entirely possible, to fall for someone regardless of sexual orientation or gender. I'll admit it's rare. We argued about this in class once that these kinds of people then must be bi-sexual, or something beyond friends but not lovers. I have two friends that fit the later. I think that's wonderful too. I still think the story will have a couple ending. But it made me think of the emotions going on in their hearts right now, and it made me tense.
Norae is drinking and partying hard for a reason. And no it's not just for fun.
I wouldn't be surprised by a drunken confession or kiss, though I doubt that's going to happen.
On a side note,
After someone said the comments were all just arguing for like or dislike or the sake of arguing. A string of good comments that made me think of real life situations and this authors strengths and weaknesses popped up. All good! Right down the row. I read each twice.
That's fun.
Yin and Yang ......

joined Dec 27, 2015

Tanks halmoni!
Still not sure why Norae is going all out partying like this. Maybe she is still depressed about her graduation being pushed back? Idk.
Maybe she's frustrated over her feelings for Seola too...
Norae being a vampire now, she could just be anemic.

last edited at Mar 13, 2016 1:44PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Flustered Seol-a is adorable! my friend said Norae said something to Seola that made her fluttered. I don't see why some people r so bothered with the ex. their romantic relationship is over-Norae has moved on. I am perfectly fine with them remaining friends. The ex is a decent guy.

Everyone knows she's not going back with the ex. And that, eventually, something more will happen between Seol-a and No-rae. It's a foreordened thing. Nobody believes a second it's going to be a het ending.

But many people, me included, would have liked to see them going on about their lives as a couple.

As it is, it will end with the end of the "some" situation, when they get somewhat together.

It is Ssamba's story and we can't always predict what's going to happen in the end. Let's just wait and enjoy the ride instead of trying to guess the ending and becoming dissapointed each week. Ssamba might even surprise us. Who knows.
It's like if you're watching a movie and trying to guess whats going to happen next all the time. It ruins the fun.

There is a big difference though!
In a movie the whole story plays out for you in a couple hours. In a weekly series such as this, or movies with sequels , you have a long time to dwell on what's happened so far, and what WILL happen. So please don't judge people for looking ahead.
I myself enjoy the story as is. Do I sometimes wish the ex would move to Antarctica ? Sure. Do I wish that I could see them interact as a couple in society. You betcha! Does this make me a bad person for thinking about their future ? No.
But, I so do enjoy the story as is. And will withhold judgement until the end.
We all see things a little different.

Kisa
Swap discussion 07 Mar 14:43
joined Dec 27, 2015

I saw it coming but still so kawaiiiiii! If there is justice in the world, there is a sequel to this.

Ha! Well I didn't , and towards the end I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the absurdity of it all, and my surprise . Funny twist! Like em!

So with all the trading, they really still don't have ........
Aww skip it, it's the thought that counts.

last edited at Mar 7, 2016 2:45PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Thank u thatanon ! And good luck with your studies. It's a future ya know.

joined Dec 27, 2015

Rokurokubi.... neck...

Huhu... *makes the same face as the characters*

Love the wtf faces after each joke, I hope cool can keep that bit going, with slightly different looks each time, though it's probably a pain in the neck to do...

joined Dec 27, 2015

It's funny how there is more emotion going on in the discussion than in the actual series this week. So many good comments by everyone.
I love sarcasm and thoughtful comments equally. I love contrast in opinions and unity in thought.
It's a very bland world when everything is the same.
It's more fun to say that's different, and it's okay.

Really? I think Seol-a's going through some pretty tough emotions this week it's just that the emotion going on in the discussion is more 'heated' at the moment haha

Hmmm, well let's just say that with Seola-a it's much more about inner turmoil. I wonder if she's really at a point now.... Where she could confess again? Remember earlier she almost did confess. But now, she seems so embroiled in her own emotions and insecurities, I don't know if she could confess.

joined Dec 27, 2015

It's funny how there is more emotion going on in the discussion than in the actual series this week. So many good comments by everyone.
I love sarcasm and thoughtful comments equally. I love contrast in opinions and unity in thought.
It's a very bland world when everything is the same.
It's more fun to say that's different, and it's okay.
That the Ssamba can make readers invested in the characters is a wonderful credit to Ssamba as an author. That's what I want. I want to read series that make me, and others get emotional and care one way or the other about the characters.

last edited at Mar 6, 2016 6:48PM

joined Dec 27, 2015

Tanks halmoni !