Forum › Posts by esn

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Tsunderes are my absolute favorite, and Otsu Hiyori is also a favorite. I'd have made a thread for everything by Hiyori, but most discussion threads seem to be focused on recently scanlated works and that would just clog the forum with Hiyori-awesomeness. Pretty much everything by Hiyori is good and worth reading.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm really glad that Otsu Hiyori was chosen. Definitely one of my favorite collections. I thought it was well done for a first scanlation, and my greedy eyes didn't have any issues with how it read.

Also, Makoto's bike helmet is cute.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd like to mention that I have a high preference for uniforms with blazers, and the part where Fujiwara grabs Yuri by her tie in chapter 2 is a sexy scene. I'm very impatient for this series. I wonder what the magic is behind this manga that has attracted so many people to post.

esn
Green discussion 31 Mar 23:28
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I honestly didn't like this on my first read, and I didn't like this mangaka's art either. But on reading through their works again, I actually really enjoyed the story and found the art to be very refreshing.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I was confused when the waiting queue suddenly showed up, with the Dynasty Premium banner. Then I clicked "go premium" for the hell of it, and I got it when nothing happened. Great joke! I especially loved the fun poke at Jmanga's business model.

esn
Renai Manga discussion 30 Mar 18:32
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Kawaii Scans' site says that they're still doing it. Apparently there is just one volume, though? I found this today as well.

esn
Kurokon discussion 30 Mar 15:03
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yeah, it's due to start in April. The season is covering the "sisters arc", which is basically a bunch of Misaka clones. The dude shows up a few times, but I'm guessing that the anime will be changing things a bit. They added much more shoujo-feels and yuri subtext friendship in the first season, so I'm guessing those aspects will remain.

esn
Kurokon discussion 30 Mar 04:14
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Shounen doesn't appeal to me because of the arc after arc after arc into infinity - or at least until nobody likes it anymore. The Railgun manga is definitely turning to super shounen, but I like how the anime adaptation differs. I appreciate the fluffy filler to remind me of the yuri. If you want to keep with yuri and less shounen, probably just stick to the railgun tv show. Also, Misaka is turning out to be very much heterosexual, which is a supreme disappointment.

How could anyone dislike Kuroko? Definitely yandere. And yandere paired with tsundere = hilarious.

esn
Kurokon discussion 30 Mar 01:45
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

As soon as they added magic and the Anglican Church to the scene, I was done haha. Too much to keep track of. And lacking in the wonderful yuri magic of Railgun. Not worth it at all to me, since I rarely pay attention to anything other than yuri. Also, I love Kuroko's voice actress, or perhaps just her voicing Kuroko, so naturally I can't watch something that barely ever shows her.

Also, I particularly like this doujinshi because it's not a sex-fest, but rather remains true to the humor of Kuroko's obsession.

esn
Kurokon discussion 29 Mar 23:39
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Have you perchance watched Index? I watched three episodes and decided I didn't like it. Even though Railgun is a spin off, it's less shounen-hectic. Plus cuter. I am going to read the Railgun manga next - I'm surprised I watched the shows considering I don't like anime much. I usually end up fast forwarding because of melodrama, and I didn't at all for the Railgun anime. I'm hoping I'm not missing out too much by ignoring the "main" storyline.

esn
Kurokon discussion 29 Mar 21:37
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just finished watching the anime for A Certain Scientific Railgun, and this was definitely true to the characters. Very funny. I'm excited for the next season, and I hope they don't change Kuroko at all. I wish for more cute Railgun doujinshi.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Can you have it so that http://dynasty-scans.com/series shows the thumbnails again?

I second the thumbnails request. I'm awful at remembering titles.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

delayed this release and released the next chapter alongside it later

Considering the next chapter ends on basically a cliffhanger, that wouldn't have helped, on the contrary. Hey, anticipation is a good thing. It's been a long time since I actively looked forward for a new chapter of a series.

You were right. I found the next chapter and its translation on yuri project, definitely still an unsatisfying cliffhanger. I feel like I cheated a bit, not waiting for the finished project.

Also stalking the tsubomi reader. I didn't know I could get access to it, I thought I needed a subscription. This really makes me regret studying Chinese in college instead of Japanese.

And now the reader has the next chapter out. With ANOTHER cliffhanger... I wish I could read it right now....

I can't even read Japanese and I "read" through the new chapter. Oh dear. At least the online releases in Tsubomi are pretty consistent.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

The gore and blood isn't bad. I'm not one for even animated blood, but it's pretty minimal. It has the convenient habit of moving the screen away suddenly if there is a direct attack, though there are still a few parts I cover the screen on because I'm a wimp. I'm sure you can make it through, it's definitely worth it.

The doujinshi is even better after watching Yayoi's backstory episode. I don't know if there is one for Shion, but I hope so. I'm a little more than halfway through the series now.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I am about halfway through with the episodes! Subtle but clear yuri going on up in here. Also, great psychological anime. The yuri is just icing on the cake for this show.

esn
Yuri Yuri Discussion 25 Mar 15:17
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

The connection is utter cuteness?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

delayed this release and released the next chapter alongside it later

Considering the next chapter ends on basically a cliffhanger, that wouldn't have helped, on the contrary. Hey, anticipation is a good thing. It's been a long time since I actively looked forward for a new chapter of a series.

You were right. I found the next chapter and its translation on yuri project, definitely still an unsatisfying cliffhanger. I feel like I cheated a bit, not waiting for the finished project.

Also stalking the tsubomi reader. I didn't know I could get access to it, I thought I needed a subscription. This really makes me regret studying Chinese in college instead of Japanese.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has read the recent update multiple times. I felt kind of crazy. I agree with this looking to be on par with Girlfriends. High hopes! Though it will definitely be different - less agonizing chapters wondering whether they both feel the same way, etc. I imagine this will be less frustrating since Fujiwara is so blunt. This is so suspenseful now, I kind of wish they had delayed this release and released the next chapter alongside it later.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Any idea what happened to it? I heard it had gone on hiatus. Was it just canceled instead? I think my favorite thing about the entire series was Suou's little hair curl.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can't get over how much thought it would take to draw this. "A centaur's house would be like this, and their car like this." I'm kind of just fascinated by the creativity.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I haven't seen it, but I do like subtle yuri. Implied relationships make me just as giddy as seeing real ones, probably because I enjoy working at figuring them out.

I have heard good stuff about this one, so I plan to watch this as soon as I have time.

esn
Octave discussion 17 Mar 21:14
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd make babies with a Setsuko if it were biologically or physically possible.

I personally liked Octave after reading it in full a second time. The first time I read it I was going chapter by chapter every time it updated. This time around I have a much better sense of it. As an adult, I can see Yukino progressing. She's whiny and annoying, for sure. I do prefer Setsuko. But that's a bit the point. She's a total narcissist, but she does get a bit better. Personally, I see the story as ending on an open note. We've only seen part of the progression, and for sure she is not complete. But from the tone of the ending we are to positively assume that she becomes a better and complete person as she ages. She's still a kid, but the relationship is helping her through adulthood. Reminds me of my first long-term relationship in college.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

It was super cute! But I wish there was more and that it was more overt. As much as I appreciate "subtle love" and not raging sex monsters, I wish there were more happy mediums. I have hopes for garden of lilies.

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

So I was reading back through this and got to a part that seemed like the story was about to conclude, and I was like "Huh. Guess 50 chapters go by quickly". I was on chapter 18. Seriously? How did I stand waiting for each and every chapter? Haha!

esn
Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm surprised it doesn't have the tsundere tag.