Forum › Posts by Hokuto

Hokuto
Pulse discussion 20 Mar 00:45
joined Aug 22, 2016

Sigh, this chapter gave me plenty of stomach-sinking feelings. Good, but...

Does Olivia know about Mel's past with Sue?
And just sharing, but... I miss Grace...

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 1:03AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Is Umi's sister an original character? I don't remember ever saw her in the anime.

I believe Umi's sister is mentioned in the anime, but I know that she never makes an appearance. In canon, Umi has a much older sister who moved out when Umi was quite young.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 5:16PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Does this happen enough to have a "caught in the act" tag?

I really do love Umi x Eli, but Umi x Maki might be my favorite where Eli fills the teasing older sister role which is there more Umaki out there? I think there is only a one-shot on here along with a bunch of images.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 2:00AM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Great ending to a great trilogy of chapters. I appreciated an honest take on a relationship built on something unhealthy, I feel like it was portrayed seriously while still being really heartwarming.

Thanks Wooberjig!

Hmm, I'm curious to know what you thought was unhealthy in regards to what they built their relationship on?

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I think it unfair to jump into the yandere trope which is already a negative stereotype of mental illness. Not so much that the characters exist mind you, I too like such characters, but often times it is not too different from belittling the causes for it and the experiences along with stigma that those with psychological challenges face. Rarely do you see discussions in regards to Yuno Gasai's past and why she is the way she is, only that she's cute and "crazy" and that some make her their waifu, even though if they ever met her they'd run for their lives. Yandere in a way is similar to how people use the term "broken" as if people who have had difficult lives or psychological challenges are somehow damaged or incomplete as a person. "These things have happened to you obviously because you're different and something is wrong with you so people can't help it" sort of a thing.

I do not believe Ogata is mentally ill per se. Speculating, she could potentially be diagnosed with depression and possibly PTSD, but just looking at her situation where she has been bullied and arguably sexually abused, it is of no wonder, even without a psychological clinical analysis, as to why she would not value her life much and consider suicide as a way out of what she is put through on a daily basis.

Aside from that, many of the issues seem to be resolved for the most part with the bullying settling down and for wanting to die, I think that part was covered and came to a positive conclusion with Ogata no longer wanting to die, but wanting to do so many wonderful things with Saki.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/futari_nara#22

last edited at Mar 14, 2017 6:57PM

Hokuto
Girl Talk discussion 14 Mar 00:14
joined Aug 22, 2016

Well, yuri does not have to be confirmed romantic feelings or sexual interest. Blushing over girls and developing a close relationship that may become romantic or can be legitimately argued as potentially romantic is still Yuri. Still, it would be nice to see a sequel to this.

last edited at Mar 14, 2017 12:16AM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 13 Mar 20:07
joined Aug 22, 2016

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time

Wasn't Kase already in Tokyo

Yes, but between classes and track for Kase and Yamada's own classes, they may not often get the chance to see each other.

What do you mean "yes, but"? (unless you think that Yamada and Mikawa are already living in Tokyo when they haven't gotten their acceptance letters yet?)
Because that's exactly it. Yamada getting the news -> in hometown
Mikawa -> in hometown
Kase-san -> in fucking Tokyo
Yamada definitely wouldn't have been able to share the news with Kase in person.
"Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time"
Well yeah. Between Kase and Mikawa, the latter's legit the only one in town. Yamada and Mikawa are def close friends, but in this situation, Mikawa was the only one she could run to [in tears] anyway
Unless I'm misunderstood what you meant, I'm just saying that that part of your guess doesn't hold up, or was oddly phrased :0

Wow, I may have made an error, but you really do not need to get belligerent about it. I remembered incorrectly, that's all. The only point I was making was that the reason I did not think much of Kase being jealous, was due to Yamada having no ulterior motives for seeing Mikawa.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 8:35PM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 13 Mar 01:17
joined Aug 22, 2016

redemption-arc? lets not go overboard. Mikawa has done nothing that needs any "redemption"

She basically teased her friend, and that's about it. I think she can be forgiven that much.

I felt that it was more than just teasing and while not malicious, Mikawa was definitely being insensitive to Yamada's feelings by pressing the rumor. By doing so, Mikawa added to Yamada's well established insecurities and angst. At times I also feel Mikawa does not give Yamada much credit as a person. Even so, I think she does care quite a bit about Yamada and does act accordingly as times as well. I'm not sure about redemption, but for these reasons it makes me happy to see Mikawa making an effort to support Yamada and Kase.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 2:40AM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

That was a long ass reply in image O.O

There are two quotes, one longer than the other, and is a five sentence paragraph "long ass"?

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 12:59AM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 23:02
joined Aug 22, 2016

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time

Wasn't Kase already in Tokyo

Yes, but between classes and track for Kase and Yamada's own classes, they may not often get the chance to see each other.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

I have noticed that after using the "preview post" feature that posts I have yet to make are being flagged as spam thus preventing me from posting to the series discussion thread. This has happened with the forum topics for 'Syrupy Love' and 'Pulse'.

I would seem that using the "preview post" feature only once does not cause issues, but using it a second or possibly third time triggers the spam detection and comment blocking.

I tested both forum topics just now (21:48), and it seems that I am able to now post, but there is a short period of time after the warning message that I am unable to post.

"Post Detected as Spam" warning.
http://imgur.com/3ueHOl1.jpg

(I do apologize if this is not the correct place to post such matters)

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 10:51PM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 21:28
joined Aug 22, 2016

Is it just me or did Kase seem a bit jealous of Yamada's relationship with the best friend seeing all those pictures and hearing about how she came over to her house to tell her when she passed her exam and stuff?

Gotta love how everybody is talking about Kase thirsting and Yamada's innocence, but nobody (else) did talk about grumpy Kase feeling left-out about her Yamada running to someone else to share exciting events with....

Mm, I did notice Kase-san was not particularly happy with it, but I glazed over it for the most part, because of the type of story this is and that it's Yamada. The story is without precedence where as a reader, I would be worried about the relationship between Kase and Yamada. Mikawa has never crossed the boundary between best-friend and something more while Yamada has never shown interest in Mikawa. And I highly doubt the story will ever take this direction.

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time and with such a momentous achievement for Yamada, of course she'd want to share it with the first person she could. Kase of course knew she passed, just not that Yamada was blubbering in triumph and relief. Yamada also could of simply have been too embarrassed to let Kase see her in that state. It may have been a tiny bit insensitive, but Kase is also the jealous type, even feeling defeated when Mikawa told Kase that she and Yamada exchange presents every year. There may have been another moment as well.

Aside from all that, and while I still am not very fond of Mikawa, I do like how she's respectful of Kase's feelings and conscious of Yamada's naivety and minor lack of sensitivity from time to time.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 9:39PM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 12:38
joined Aug 22, 2016

She did in "Sunset and Kase-san", up on the roof. That's the only time, though. Kase was totally perving to it, too. Had Yamadaboobs(tm) right there in her face.

Yamada, of course, had no idea what Yamadaboobs(tm) were doing to Kase-san.

Oh, my. How did I forget about that? Aha, not sure about perving it though. I think she was extremely comforted by Yamada's love and body.

The look of adoration (bottom left panel)
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch15#22

As @Nezchan said, still would like a kiss.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 12:42PM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 11:21
joined Aug 22, 2016

At this point, I think sex between them will happen soon, maybe next chapter, but... Well, it would be good to see their physical relationship develop, but even now it is going to be Kase initiating it which is fine I guess, but I hope that soon we will also see Yamada initiating intimacy, even if it is just a kiss or a hug.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

It seems that the links for comment for the series 'Strawberry Shake Sweet' by Hayashiya Shizuru (http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strawberry_shake) and the doujin 'Strawberry Shake Zlay Bomb Tour' by Inoue Shinkai (http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strawberry_shake_zlay_bomb_tour) lead to the same comment section.

What I would like to add though is that 'Strawberry Shake Zlay Bomb Tour' I believe should have a rape tag. From the story, the events point very clearly to date rape or sexual acts with someone who can not consent.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 4:05PM

Hokuto
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 20:03
joined Aug 22, 2016

I find it strange that the people who are going off on Nagisa because her (justified) jealousy had potential implications for Misaki's idol career, seem completely undisturbed by Ayane deliberately crushing it entirely.

I only question Nagisa, because otherwise we are left to assume that Ayane is some kind of master spy and that Ayane was truly the source of Nagisa's concern. Say Misaki did distance herself from Ayane, would their combined success still be there? Or say Misaki stopped performing with Ayane and paired with someone else, would Nagisa be okay with that? I don't think so. The one with the motive and the means to end Misaki's career was Nagisa, not Ayane where ending Misaki's career could also mean ending her own.

As for Ayane herself, the story never really implies the type of possessiveness shown by Ayane at the end. Even when alone Ayane was shown to be genuinely worried about Misaki.

I'll be honest and say that I think the quick defense of Nagisa is simply because she appears as cute and her behavior is preferred when it comes to thinking about human behavior. But Ayane, even if she is to blame, is still acting just as human as anyone.

I do think that as time went on, even without the revelation in the tabloid, that Ayane could have won Misaki, but this could also happen because she was pushed away by Nagisa's accusation that Misaki may cheat on her. Had Misaki spoken to Nagisa, I don't think Nagisa would listen at all.

Hokuto
Scandal discussion 05 Mar 03:47
joined Aug 22, 2016

Or maybe they're a good/promising author and happy moe blob yuri isn't the only thing that needs to exist?

Nevermind, silly me. 0/10 needs more uguu

riiight!?? wth people?? if I could draw the way even the amateur indy artists do I'd totally start storyboarding some stuff in my head...and this one is a publication! AND yuri hime doesn't exist anymore!!(that's a big deal!!)
....ok now im sad, I wanna draw good and stuff...

quit ragging mangaka-sensei just cause you want gold at the end of your rainbow!!
no respect!

Don't scare people like that, Yuri Hime is still publishing. We've lost Hirari and Tsubomi, Hime is still there.

I think only one person made negative comment in regards to the creator.

Hokuto
Scandal discussion 05 Mar 02:18
joined Aug 22, 2016

Debut work

Well here's hoping that the author's career will be a short one.

Or a long one and the creator's work will develop and improve over time. Glass half full, half empty, or always full?

V True, I liked this one-shot so I didn't mean to imply that is was bad and that the author needs to improve. But generally works improve (or decrease) relative to quality of the starting point during the course of a career.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 2:31AM

Hokuto
Scandal discussion 05 Mar 02:10
joined Aug 22, 2016

Just a thought, but I get the feeling that Nagisa sent Ayane the photo she secretly took while kissing Misaki. Or Ayane was hiding in the closet :P

The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling.

Unless Nagisa already knew something about Ayane or her intentions. In that case her behavior would make sense. Perhaps there's some history between them that a sequel would reveal.

In that case and considering some of Misaki's behavior, it is plausible that on some level Misaki was looking for a reason to end the relationship with Nagisa.

If not, Nagisa would still be unfairly distrusting of Misaki as it would imply that she believes Misaki wouldn't or can't turn down advances from other people. If my girlfriend felt that way about me, I'd be upset as in the end it still means she doesn't trust me. Going further, it would hurt knowing that she believes that I can't handle myself.

To truly justify Nagisa's behavior towards Misaki, there would be something that Nagisa honestly could hold Misaki at fault for. In the end, it's an unhealthy relationship as either Nagisa doesn't trust Misaki (right or wrong) or Misaki is in some manner not being completely faithful.

I'd love to see a sequel to iron these things out.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 2:17AM

Hokuto
Scandal discussion 04 Mar 22:08
joined Aug 22, 2016

"Hey, I dislike that you're this close with the girl with who you work with, especially since we're in a relationship..."
"YOU WANT ME TO QUIT MY DREAM JOB?!"

... Logic. Personally, I blame a lack of education.

My reaction; "That's what you're mad about?"
I'd personally be upset that my girlfriend didn't trust me, but in a round-about way Nagisa was kind of asking her to stop being an idol. At least being in a unit with another girl.
The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling. Their relationship wouldn't last.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 10:11PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

This is really adorable

Hokuto
Image Comments 25 Feb 21:31
joined Aug 22, 2016
Pulse%20ep40%20cover

CurriMintz - Same here. The art is great, but the story has flat-lined. I put it on hold and will wait a month of so before going back to it. Grace has been abandoned and wasn't Lynn's heart-health declining really fast now?

last edited at Feb 25, 2017 9:44PM

Hokuto
Image Comments 01 Feb 23:15
joined Aug 22, 2016
Pulse%20-%20bdsm

It could be Lynn and Mel. If it were Mel with Sue instead, Mel would have a very different haircut. However, I have a growing feeling that it might be Lynn from the present and Sue from the past.

last edited at Feb 2, 2017 12:56AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't think Ayane is so bad. Some of it can be explained by insecurity, but... I also do not think she's only teasing the other girl. If not for the bloody nose, I doubt there would have been a "just kidding!" at the last moment and physical attraction was also established in the bath by checking the other girl out, blushing while going in for a kiss, and the cliche nosebleed.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 10:31PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Age gap is tricky. It can be uncomfortable depending on how it's done.

This one is well done and I don't feel the creepiness you are all talking about.

from the legal standpoint, the 41 years old woman would go to jail if they lived in the states. 16 years old is not mature to enter into a relationship with an adult.

Uh no. Age of consent is 16 almost everywhere (lower in some countries) and in most states anyway.

If she was under 16, yeah. But since she's over 16 and the relationship is not abusive (or exploitative), this is legal.

In Canada, the age of consent is 18, with exceptions for very specific circumstances. Effectively, the same is true of Japan (as laid out in the Children Welfare Act). Pretty certain it's very much the same in many other countries.

18 is high and pretty rare in the Western world. The age of consent in Canada isn't 18 either, it's 16. Exceptions apply the other way around and disallow sexual relationships if the older person is in a position of trust or being exploitative.

The age of consent varies in the US from 16 to 18 as the decision is left to the states, but there may be a federal minimum? I'm not sure. I think in all states that if that person is in a "supervision" position, like a teacher, counselor, church leader, and so on then the age of consent is automatically 18 across the country.

10 States - 18
8 States - 17
32 States - 16

There is nothing illegal about dating and where sex is obviously a sex act, kissing seems to be a grey area. It would depend on the court and the judge I think. However, after looking this up a little, I found that there are lesser charges such as committing a lewd act against a child.

I think some states have it set up where the age of consent may be 16, but the other partner must be under 18. So a 16 year old having sex with a 17 year old is okay as 16 is the age of consent, but a 16 year old with a 41 year old would be criminal, even though the 16 year old is at the age of consent.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 2:01AM