Forum › Posts by JJzo

joined Dec 18, 2018

Hey its that oneshot that burned an entire anthology down. Maebe closed its doors shortly after this got printed, noone liked it, noone understood it, and many many angry letters got sent out. Its a shame really since the other stories were pretty good.

Are you telling me that this shitty oneshot is why Mayonaka Yonaka No Accept hasn't had a new chapter in years?

joined Dec 18, 2018

Am i the only one who checks the comment section first with this kind of tags? Lol good thing i did it. I'll pass on this one.

I usually do, but I was lured in by the cover image. Hopes were crushed tho.

joined Dec 18, 2018

It's kinda confusing since we never actually find out if Kyouko was sleeping around, or if they were just rumours.

Pls tell me how to feel about this.

pretty sure that end indicated she wasn't sleeping around and was being sincere, and black hair girl assumed that she was being unfaithful, got drunk and cheated. ironically making everything true, but about herself.

That's kinda how it feels to me as well. Of course it's always possible she was actually sleeping around, and the tears at the end were her realization of her actions....buuut doesn't seem likely.

Ah well, depressing as fuck it is.

joined Dec 18, 2018

It's kinda confusing since we never actually find out if Kyouko was sleeping around, or if they were just rumours.

Pls tell me how to feel about this.

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 8:45PM

JJzo
Citrus + discussion 16 Mar 04:24
joined Dec 18, 2018

I hope the sequel has less angst. The first series had wayy too much and it was painful to read through. Plus, I want to see Yuzu’s happy side more too. She is one of the best written yuri manga characters in history imo and I don’t want her to go to waste ;-)

I have a feeling that most drama in this will be centered around the side characters more than the main pair. Considering all the stuff Yuzu and Mei went through in the original most angst between them would feel really superficial at this point.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Is this our first couple that returns feelings and aren't sisters?

No, there was the friends who got together in early chapters, also the manager/actress pair.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I'm not sure why people keep calling the mixer a "social gathering". Now I might not be too familiar with the Japanese concept of mixers, but aren't they basically group dates?

I can definitely see why Kase is upset that her girlfriend wants to go on a group date, who wouldn't be?

joined Dec 18, 2018

When her friends said all these bad things about Daidou and made her all suspicious I expected the punchline to be that they were totally wrong.
Guess I was wrong. That's one half-assed reason to date someone.

... You do realize that Daidou has her own series, that we've already seen Tsubomi dump her over this there (just not in so much detail), and that all they said about her was pretty much shown/explained in said other series, right?

If I knew that I'd clearly not be reacting to it like I didn't. Perhaps phrasing this little bit of trivia like a question is not such a great display though? Comes off kind of passive aggressive ? Thank you though ?

Sorry, I'm just mind-boggled that someone is up to date on this long-running comic without having browsed the rest of this artist's works.

I don't know about others, but for me personally it took these two chapters to make the connection. It's been a while since I read the other series.

joined Dec 18, 2018

Kinda weird, if you read the other series you really dislike Tsubomi on how she acts like a bitch...but after reading these chapters I kinda get it.

JJzo
joined Dec 18, 2018

While this is cute enough to be enjoyable, I could really use an explanation for how this situation came about. Like, does Yuki get off on being bullied?

Probably your usual case of "bullying the girl you like" and then after confession to keep up appearances it kept going, but took on a hidden sweeter meaning.

joined Dec 18, 2018

I don't think I've ever had such a drastic change of feelings towards a character as I did towards Sachi over the last couple of chapters. She went from a character I symphatized with into a character I wanted to rot in emotional hell for a few years to repent her actions.

Like I even understood the first time she cheated, being confused about her personality, sexuality and just plain temptation, many people would falter under those circumstances....once.

Then the final chapter rolls around and we find out it wasn't just once, it was several times. Suddenly what was left of my sympathy toward her was replaced by loathing and anger. Then we get the scene where she tells Ruki about it all, no regret, no apology, no karmic retribution over her actions. No she gets a happy ending despite everything. That just didn't sit right with me. I think for the first time in forever I would have been happy with an ending where the couple I had been rooting for the entire series wouldn't end up together.

Perhaps the problem is that what their relationship is like after the final chapter is left quite a bit a mystery. Only clues we get are from the extra chapter where we have the scene with Remi where she flirts with both of them. Sachi hits her when she flirts with Ruki, but is more than happy to flirt back. Just left a very bad taste in my mouth. Sachi is happy to rip open the wounds left by her cheating just to tease Ruki. As a result I really can't see a future with them where Sachi doesn't cheat again.

If the author wanted to convince us that their relationship was going to be solid we really needed a chapter that expanded on what their relationship became. Perhaps about their graduation trip, with a scene where Sachi finally realizes just how much she loved Ruki, and how much she hurt her with her actions in the past, and finally truly apologizing. I think then I would have been comfortable with their relationship.

If the intention however was to leave us in doubt then good fucking job and fuck you author.

/rant over