Forum › Posts by Hokuto

Hokuto
Image Comments 04 Apr 10:58
joined Aug 22, 2016
16107593_p0

An anime would be nice, but the manga never sold well outside the lesbian demographic. Anyway, still incredibly cute.

last edited at Apr 4, 2017 10:59AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Haha, it may be an April Fools, but I really was hoping for this to be true. I'll just pretend that it is. Needs a yuri tag

Oh man. Lack of the yuri tag preserved the impression of non-fiction just the right length of time.

Are you saying that the story not being tagged Yuri made it feel more "real"?

last edited at Apr 4, 2017 10:42AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

So, uh, she's still gonna leave her to have kids, but not yet?

It's more like they'll burn that bridge when it comes to it, when they are more mature and more informed about their options.

Only focusing on the present, just considering the future at the right times. Not completely focusing on the future, and overthinking.

That's how I like to interpret anyways. Translation might not be perfect and all that.

Though, she did say she won't be the good girl.

She didn't mean it in an adulterous way about not being a good girl.

That is how I see it too, deal with it down the road. And it is not as if they do not have options, even if it is Japan. There are even a few places that offer Japan's version of civil unions and while I am not sure how that would impact adoption, beyond that there are still options... Even if they have to get... creative.

last edited at Apr 3, 2017 7:15PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

But then why would she get all red faced afterward?

I'm sure the remaining pages will be up soon enough.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Not... cool.

Ahhhhhh it's april fools and i don't know what to believe. Is this what really happened?!?! People are saying the raws are different and stuff but i don't know. Am sad /'()'\

In the text bubble she says "Usually I just go buy something and go home before the fireworks."
There are also five more pages to the chapter.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 1:32PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Surprised people are so angry at the ending, considering she actually confesses and seems to get a positive reply from her too. In a world where so many people never confess and just keep it to themselves forever, this was a comparatively happy ending.

I don't think she actually confessed. It felt more like an inner monologue and her friend just brushed the kiss off as a secret between friends.

I think crying while saying "I'm sorry" after kissing someone is pretty blatant. Pretty sure the other girl understood to some degree. Not that it was a yuri ending, but I think it was more open-ended than http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/zero_distance_sentiment for instance.

I believe that it is very much a yuri ending for yuri is about the emotions, sexual desires, or both pertaining to lesbian relationships, requited and unrequited. For an open ending I think there would need to be a chance for the feelings to become requited which I do not think have a chance.

joined Aug 22, 2016

The first two in this collection were pretty brutal, but this one was sweeter.

Yes, especially Sister*Sister. The first was bittersweet, but 'A Love Awakened by a Kiss' (Awoken?) was cute with a slight bit of angst. Was never sure why "in secret..." followed that one, but ah well.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 3:34AM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 03:14
joined Aug 22, 2016

No idea what is going on with that animation thing but so glad the series isn't over.

From my understanding its one 5-7 min video.
It might be a dry run for a show after it get more chapters.Also just could be an animation team liked the series so much they wanted to do something derpy. It could also be an advert for the rest of the series.

Not sure, the named staff to the project makes me think it would be more than just an advertisement and music video. Then again, who knows?

If the manga is going to go on much longer then why rush this chapter? It was sweet, but anticlimactic. Maybe a deadline? Unfortunate, many manga end with rushed endings because of this.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 3:15AM

Hokuto
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 01:12
joined Aug 22, 2016

A bit cute and slightly warming to the heart, especially Kase saying Yamada's first name, but a rather sudden development. Still a much loved story and so very sweet, I just wish we could see more from Yamada. Passiveness in a relationship is fine, but... even if she just verbally confirmed to Kase to continue would have helped I think.

Maybe it is just me, but in all a great lovey story.

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 1:38AM

Hokuto
Pulse discussion 31 Mar 13:10
joined Aug 22, 2016

Setting Sue aside as while I worry about her messing with Lynn, I do not think she'd put a patients life in danger.

The person I worry about right now is Renny since Lynn will be okay for a while. He has already shown twice that he is disapproving. Hope he does not add onto the drama.

It was good to see Grace, I like her most out of this bunch and wish she had more involvement in the story. I'm glad she's moving on, Mel was never any good for her, but I really want to see her find someone.

last edited at Mar 31, 2017 1:23PM

Hokuto
Their Story discussion 30 Mar 23:04
joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't think that was jealousy, well... maybe a little. That face off was a bit of a warning like "that will not work again" on Sun Jing's part and I don't think Qui Tong was expecting to see Sun's "game on" ultra-serious expression. Sun is too focused on the game.

I don't think it's genetic, because kids of Chinese extraction in my city (of which there are tons cause this is Vancouver) are the same height as everyone else. Meanwhile, this school seems to be firmly in the "burgeoning new Chinese middle class" category, so probably most of the kids there grew up on a more Western style diet, with more calories, meat and so forth. So they're probably mostly Western-size, no doubt towering over both their elders and poorer kids, and when they get old will have Western rates of heart disease etc.

The Chinese in general are getting taller and wider. There is an issue, both positive and negative, in the Chinese military where soldiers are getting too big for the tanks and other equipment.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/02/18/chinese-soldiers-are-getting-too-big-for-their-tanks/?utm_term=.60a01aa948dd

last edited at Mar 30, 2017 11:24PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Dunno if I should be the bringer of bad news, but where there are many more chapters ready, it seems the series is on hiatus. Hope that isn't the case for long.

Bro.....You just got 2 chapter's today, You can wait lol.

No no, I'm not being impatient nor complaining -_-II, also... Sis.
Hiatus there is just some concern such as; Is the creator okay? If or when the story will continue?
I don't mean translation hiatus, but a break in the actual series. As for translations, take time of course, the story isn't going to disappear and by the time translations get caught up there could be new chapters.

Check the author's Pixiv. There's a ton of untranslated pages of this series.

Yes, I said there are many more chapters ready (that can be read and more as in more than what is here), and it seems (could be wrong) that the series as a whole is on hiatus.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 8:26PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Dunno if I should be the bringer of bad news, but where there are many more chapters ready, it seems the series is on hiatus. Hope that isn't the case for long.

Bro.....You just got 2 chapter's today, You can wait lol.

No no, I'm not being impatient nor complaining -_-II, also... Sis.
Hiatus there is just some concern such as; Is the creator okay? If or when the story will continue?
I don't mean translation hiatus, but a break in the actual series. As for translations, take time of course, the story isn't going to disappear and by the time translations get caught up there could be new chapters.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Then maybe not so much trust as belief? I wouldn't say Touko has been taking advantage of Yuu from the start, but from the beginning Yuu has been a "safe" person where she presumes Yuu doesn't care as much as she's just being nice. And I agree, Touko does not want to actually start taking advantage of Yuu. As for Yuu only trusting Touko, I agree as well which is where I feel that while Touko is surrounded by people that care about her, though is it hard for her to accept it right now, Yuu is kind of on her own little island.

Tbh, Touko has been pretty self-indulgent towards Yuu since the beginning. She doesn't take advantage of her kindness in the sense that she tries to manipulate and coerce Yuu into fulfilling her desires like some have suggested. As Nakatani explained here, she just doesn't know what to do since this is her first love. But again, she's been quite self-indulgent & a bit inconsiderate towards Yuu since she's such a nice girl. Like, the recharging battery and every single kiss she ever asks of Yuu are all pretty self-indulgent. There's a reason why Yuu starts complaining that Touko only thinks of herself and isn't considerate of her feelings, you know. Aside from the fact that she's completely head-over-heel in love with her

True, what I am meaning to say is that Touko is starting to draw a clearer line. She has certainly been indulging herself, but Yuu has also been willing. I'm hesitant to call it "taking advantage" since Yuu also gains benefit as she wants to change herself and in a sense, test her ability to love. Both sides are benefiting while also being challenged, but it hasn't been truly balanced since the start as Touko has been very self-indulgent. "Taking advantage" just seems to carry such a negative and sort of malicious connotation. Touko now thinks she can't continue asking of Yuu and is trying to be considerate, a sort of self-recognition, but the timing and implementation is unfitting to the situation.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 8:21PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 7:36PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Feeling bad for Yuu. I wish she had someone to confide in too as it seems she's all alone in this. What Touko is saying is "She's so sweet, but I really can't trust her".

It's actually the opposite. Yuu is the only person Touko trusts, she did want to talk to her about her sister problems but is afraid of Yuu thinking Touko is taking advantage of her kindness.
I think Touko is going to use Sayaka for comfort instead, now that both of them know that Sayaka is aware of Touko's issues and Touko is fine with that. This will get interesting...

Then maybe not so much trust as belief? I wouldn't say Touko has been taking advantage of Yuu from the start, but from the beginning Yuu has been a "safe" person where she presumes Yuu doesn't care as much as she's just being nice. And I agree, Touko does not want to actually start taking advantage of Yuu. As for Yuu only trusting Touko, I agree as well which is where I feel that while Touko is surrounded by people that care about her, though is it hard for her to accept it right now, Yuu is kind of on her own little island.

I'm not so sure about using Sayaka for comfort, especially after reading Gudetamago's post copied in part below. In this scene, Touko sought out Yuu, not Sayaka. Sayaka and Touko just happen to find themselves alone and in that moment, Sayaka presses the topic where otherwise, I do not think Touko would have said anything. It was more Touko saying "I trust you since you already know, but you're not really the person I want to talk to about it" and then ended the topic.

Tbh, while I do think that the event in this chapter will cause Touko to start distancing herself from Yuu and possibly starts confiding in Sayaka a bit more. I actually don't think it will be something in your face or dragged out like in other manga where we see the love interest being together with the love rival for several chapters...

There really isn't an opportunity to distance herself too far as the situation requires for all of them to be together, and the success of the play seems heavily depended on the development of the characters themselves, so I agree. I do not think this will be continued for very long. I kind of picture Yuu walking up to them at the start of the next chapter or at least the next day will approach one of them.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 6:19PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Feeling bad for Yuu. I wish she had someone to confide in too as it seems she's all alone in this. What Touko is saying is "She's so sweet, but I really can't trust her", but at the same time so badly wants Yuu to accept her. From here I see Touko and her friend getting close while Yuu seems to drift away a bit, for a time.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 4:43PM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Why do cute little gay girls so often sound homophobic in manga?

Not so much being homophobic, but denial of acceptance. Societal worry, not wanting to be hurt? I think it is a nuance.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 1:48AM

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Hich ;_; Happens so often, so why now?

Hokuto going to a safe place...
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/more_than_friends_ch04#6

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 1:29AM

Hokuto
Image Comments 23 Mar 03:53
joined Aug 22, 2016
B9ba1khiaaah3xg

so nice.

Hokuto
joined Aug 22, 2016

Amano Shuninta, Takemiya Jin and Hakamada Mera all have stories where things don't work out, no matter how much they want them to.

I can't say for Hakamada Mera, but Amano and Takemiya also have stories that work out just fine and some quite sweetly. It seems as in life, even here the bad is often remembered more than the good.

I liked this one and thought in general the ending was good. No angst and the "player" was honest while also not playing with emotions. However, for body and facial image of girls, the resolve to buy cosmetics as the answer felt a bit at odds with the point Touma-kun was making.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 3:46AM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Yes, I didn't mean that she doesn't care. I agree with that too.

Ah, my apologies. It seems that I had missed some of your post. But I do agree and would much like to see more material regarding these three. Mm, there was a sort of fall out between Chiharu and her Senpai (name?) and with the pasts to the main pair slowly coming out along with other bits of drama, I wouldn't rule out a possible collapse. But there would likely be an overall positive resolution to the situation.

Ryou and Amane seem to be rather comfortable with the arrangement with Nina the variable.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 6:30PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't feel Amane to be flighty at all and I do not think that any girl will do for her. We just need to see more of what she sees in Nina and Ryou.

And Izumi… She did say that her red ribbon to Ryou was her "third" one in chap 28.

Yes, but three doesn't make a crowd. Even so, even if she were to give a dozen red ribbons, I see it as majere says.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 6:16PM

joined Aug 22, 2016

Amane is still a weak link in this, I feel. She's too flighty.
It wouldn't take much to collapse this dynamic down to a monogamous relationship between Nina and Ryou. I get the feeling Nina's feelings toward Ryou might be stronger than her feelings for Amane. And Ryou just seems the type to go along with however the situation unfolds. The stayer.
A triangle is a stable shape, but it has three times as many bonds to break.

I don't feel Amane to be flighty at all and I do not think that any girl will do for her. We just need to see more of what she sees in Nina and Ryou.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Mm, I'm glad that this is only one romance arc out of many as polyamory simply isn't of interest to me nor do I really understand it in action, but in principle I understand it, so with that said this particular arc has left me feeling a bit empty. In this instance, it just doesn't feel like it will last due to the characters. Where Ryou seems fine with it and Amane of course being very accepting, I feel Nina is simply struggling more with which one she wants to be with. Less than Polyamory, it feels more like Nina is asking to have the opportunity to figure out her feelings while not having to give up Amane nor Ryou. At the end, Nina responds to Amane's kiss more with a surprised expression while on page 29 she's looking over Amane with a pensive expression and right at Ryou. Meanwhile, Ryou and Amane appear completely at ease and happy.

I do hope to see more development from these three girls.

(I really don't know what should and should not be put into a spoiler)

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 4:46PM