Forum › Posts by KueKyuuQ

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 17:39
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

This here everyone, is the face of someone who got some/laid.

^This. XD

I can sort of agree with the "this feels rushed" notion some have.
This chapter as a whole felt relatively unsexy except for one thirsty glance of Kase's in part 2, and then... and then... and then... Yeah, I squealed a lot and had to pause, go back and forth between the pages a few times, because Kase barely started undressing Yamada, but then Kase's almost entirely baredness took lead somehow...
Then again, yeah... before the timeskip, them moving to uni, we had several moments of Kase upping her game, inch by inch. Strawberry short-cake, anyone?
It's insunated both, that Kase kept her distance as well as being there to support Yamada. So for at least several weeks, they were likely not exactly dating and then they are alone and BOOM (or shall I say "bang"?). But the reasons for that were made rather clear, I think.

So, yeah, I am next to postive, that on re-read or for new readers that read everything til now in one sitting, it won't feel as "rushed".

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 5:41PM

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Yeah Yuki x Kurumi was revived hard this chapter.

I means Kurumi x Miki still has that sexual tension going on with them. But Yuki x Kurumi are still the closer pair

Why not both? 3-some? Triangle-ship?
People seem to argue about MikixKurumi, YukixKurumi or even MikixYuki.
Yuki has great chemistry with either, because she's the caring girl that has lotsa love for everybody - and because she's smol and sweet and shines light into this dark world, everybody close to her wants to protect her. Everybody would merely be surviving without her, but she enables them to live.
I do still think, that KurumixMiki share a very different bond, and one that is much more one equal terms in comparison. Though, I hope we get Miki taking action or at least get a few panels from her POV soon, because her quietly brooding and cautiously observing Kurumi's behaviour is making me anxious...
Meantime, Yuki clinging to Kurumi and even in the panel looking up to her while proclaiming her intent to protect Kurumi is (though a lovely notion) mostly showing just how much she needs protection herself. She's grown emotionally to now being much more capable and reliable, but she's still the cute and sweet one, and if anything this scene might make Kurumi fight even harder (internally and externally). Which then again, may already be a way to for her to "protect" Kurumi...

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 12 Mar 12:59
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Gotta love how everybody is talking about Kase thirsting and Yamada's innocence, but nobody (else) did talk about grumpy Kase feeling left-out about her Yamada running to someone else to share exciting events with....

Mm, I did notice Kase-san was not particularly happy with it, but I glazed over it for the most part, because of the type of story this is and that it's Yamada. The story is without precedence where as a reader, I would be worried about the relationship between Kase and Yamada. Mikawa has never crossed the boundary between best-friend and something more while Yamada has never shown interest in Mikawa. And I highly doubt the story will ever take this direction.

My take was less focused on Mikawa but on Kase. While we've seen her jealousy flare up a few times, it's still relatively rare, especially in a way this (cute and) toned down. The whole chapter made me feel like it was more focused on Kase's reactions and emotions than on Yamada. Although the chapter is supposedly from Yamada's POV. Still, the character Yamada still doesn't quite respond to Kase's very distinct displays of emotion here. I also wonder if this represents a shift of narration by the author who also wants to show more of Kase's take on... well, everything.

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time and with such a momentous achievement for Yamada, of course she'd want to share it with the first person she could. Kase of course knew she passed, just not that Yamada was blubbering in triumph and relief. Yamada also could of simply have been too embarrassed to let Kase see her in that state. It may have been a tiny bit insensitive, but Kase is also the jealous type, even feeling defeated when Mikawa told Kase that she and Yamada exchange presents every year. There may have been another moment as well.

Yes. I am still surprised tho, that most comments here focus on Kase's more sexual desires (which was just her 'blink and you'll miss it' glance at the end) rather than this much more prominent and overacted display of "I am miffed about my GF not sharing (or being able to share) things and situations that are this important to her" (And yeah, Kase's not blaming anyone, but she's still upset about the fact) - I know, it's well established Kase's the perfect gf, but... hey, look! She's really really that emotional about Yamada! She literally lost her cool - not going rage-mode, but internally obsessing, and shown to do so... which to my recollection of this story is not a common sight. That's usually a Yamada-thing to do...
Really, correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole chapter seemed to me quite loaded with expressive Kase... (in a good way, tho)

Aside from all that, and while I still am not very fond of Mikawa, I do like how she's respectful of Kase's feelings and conscious of Yamada's naivety and minor lack of sensitivity from time to time.

I very much agree with that. Mikawa is still hard to read and a bit difficult to like... But she seems to be on some kind of redemption-arc after her previous meddling and rumor-spreading.

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 18:42
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Is it just me or did Kase seem a bit jealous of Yamada's relationship with the best friend seeing all those pictures and hearing about how she came over to her house to tell her when she passed her exam and stuff?

Gotta love how everybody is talking about Kase thirsting and Yamada's innocence, but nobody (else) did talk about grumpy Kase feeling left-out about her Yamada running to someone else to share exciting events with....
I mean, comfort food much?
Tho, I think, at least Mikawachi noticed, which may be why she told Kase that everything was all thanks to her...

Great half chapter! I'll dub it "10 Shades of Kase-san":
Grumpy -I'm not jealous but this cake is mine now / I'm internally crying rivers-
Happy - I haz ice-cream-
Sparkling -Yamada's just adorkable-
Dumbfounded -I just got a door smashed into my face-
Casually Flexible -I alway take my shoes off like this-
Blushing -My GF is the most adorable thing in the world-
Possibly Pervy -What do you mean, "toilet obsession"?!-
Awkward -I'm in my GFs room and act like a total clutz-
Adorable -I have genuine interest in my GF's interests-
and of cos
Thirsty -(glance) ...Hope she didn't notice me drool.- Kase

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 6:47PM

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I agree, that this chapter felt a bit... weird. There were a lot of threads that got tied up - or rather cut off. Maybe the author was as unhappy with the college arc as most here seem to be and decided to wrap it up quickly and move on...

The crew is back together.
Kurumi is still kicking (as$).
Miki is unharmed, reunited with her better half and has a tad more intel now.
Rii passed on her Sisterbear and may be back amongst the not-as-insane.
Yuki grew a lot, seems more reliable now.
They are presumably now about to go on their way to the second marking on the map (Randall Corp? Aiostar? MNC? which was it?)....

I can live with that.

And hopefully after the break, the author will be able to provide us with chapters and plot more alike and captivating as the earlier chapters were :)

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I tried to enjoy ch13 but the fact that all of that was done in public had me nervous the whole time lol

Totally feel you. Especially with the kiss-question, I was like "But not THERE, right? Right!?" XD It was just a peck on the cheeck, so I guess it would have seemed sufficiently innocent for any passer-bys.

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Introduce some guys, kill them off as soon as possible. Good job, author!

Hnn... most of the additions were introduced in chapter 37-38... we're are at 53 now... that's 15-16 chapters (and almost a third of the whole story till now). But I admit, it was a lot of characters whom the author all tried to give some background story to and that may have felt a little rushed in.

So, I don't really care too much about Takahito-guy and his PTSD. I just want Kurumi appear next chapter and save her Miki-damsel in distress by taking a good swing at his head... Though, that might be my KuruMiki-shipper self talking :P

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Fourth of All, I want more Miki appreciation, she's the freaking hero of this story, it looks as though she's the only sane and smart one here tbqh. She's also very caring and compassionate, and she's really the only one who's keeping the School Live club on the ground even when she's the youngest. She's so considerate of other people's feelings and state, and she's just so perfect I love her.

Miki is awesome. She's my fave, next to Kurumi... which leads me to:

KURUMIKI SHALL RISE!

I am with you. The vibe is so strong, that I was disappointed the anime didn't pick up on it and the manga arc shifted to these other characters just after them sharing that private moment back then (Kurumi being cold to the touch, remember? Ch33!!!). Seriously, I am with you on Kurumiki - all the way!

Ah, but I am not sure yet if Yuki's relapse is a good thing. She seems to have a better handle of things, though. It worries me still...

KueKyuuQ
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...is it just me or is Megu-nee having a comeback on p22...? Yuki's slipping again? ._.

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 30 Aug 08:51
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

She's basically telling her "Dun step on my turf", refering to her buddy-rivralry with Kase rather than anything else.

But that's a contradiction. If her turf is "her buddy-rivalry with Kase", then you've just established that precisely because she is not someone in that competitive world, she could not step on that turf and is not someone Inoue needs to compete with. You only need to warn someone off if they are a threat, not if they aren't.

Here's a c&p of an earlier bit of mine from this thread, which may or may not elaborate my interpretation:
"[Inoue] just wants to run (and so does Kase). She's a good friend to Kase, who still keeps in frequent contact even after graduation. And her warning is more of a "You probably won't get this kind of competitiveness, but don't fret. You do your thing, and I do mine - and we'll be good."
Inoue is a strong-willed character, but chapter 6 also showed her not to be overly fond of drama and angsty rivalry. So this may be her way of saying she won't get jealous of or bud into their relationship as long Yamada won't get jealous of or tries to mess with their friendship... "

Again, this is my interpretation:
I neither see Inoue considering Yamada as a threat [per se] nor her words as intentionally aggressive. I don't think, there is a contradiction. In my opinion, Inoue was acting perky and friendly towards Yamada, a bit "clumsy" maybe, due to not being used to interact with someone outside athletics. The only argumentatively weird thing she said was the "don't get in my way". And in my eyes, she was even drawn in a relaxed, non-threatening pose when saying that (though, self-conscious Yamada may still feel threatened by Inoue's confidence and her own assumptions).

Or to misuse a movie quote: "This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine."

IMO, the context of what Inoue refers to is right there and quite obvious. But we are biased by Yamada's POV, her thoughts and interpretation and her assumptions [by courtesy of Mikawa].

I won't go so far as to say it's obvious, because clearly intelligent people have various points of view here. I would want to claim, however, that I have reached my conclusions for reasons I feel are solid and which do not involve being biased by those things. If you want to make this a discussion of what you want to tell me I am biased by, this could get ugly.

I guess, instead of "in my opinion" I should have started that sentence with "to me". I do try to make a point to relativise my arguments with "my opinion" or start off with "my interpretation" and the like - yet I can see how my phrasing there was misleading. I am well aware different people have differing perception; which is how we may enjoy constructive discussions. Also, I did not want to imply assumptions about you when I wrote "we are biased". I was generalizing the entire audience, including myself, based on the narrative's POV and not meant as a snap judgement about you or anyone else personally.

I just wanted to present a counter-argument to your hostility against Inoue. Yet, of course, your interpretation is at this point as valid as mine.

However, please take into consideration that this is an international board and English may not be everybody's first language. I don't know about you, but it's not mine. Though I do try my very best, I apologize for any bad or bad-choice phrasing, grammar or spelling mistakes and resulting misunderstandings.

Edit:
Btw, I was not trying to be condescending or a smart-ass. I was merely indicating my approach and conclusion being different to yours - while affirming I [also] have the entire portrayal present - in response to your question:

What is "in the way" even supposed to mean in this context

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 9:58AM

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 29 Aug 13:20
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Just what kind of person do you have to be to instead poke fun at her schtick as some of the very first words out of your mouth, and then bitch her out, warning her to not get in your way when there has been no sign or indication or reason that she would? It goes beyond bitchy, it doesn't make any sense. What is "in the way" even supposed to mean in this context, she's supposed to be expecting Yamada to stand in the track or something? She's obviously, and indeed Inoue knows her to be, a quiet little girl who will quietly watch them race. So it's just gratuitous venom.

Having the context and the entire dialogue in mind, I am personally set on a different interpretation:
Inoue kept asking about Yamada not being in any kind of (competitive) club. Inoue feels, that this means Yamada has no clue how Inoue and Kase's (buddy-)relationship works and what the upcoming race means to them (- rightfully so).
On top of that, Inoue herself is a competitive person. Chapter 6 made it clear, Inoue isn't too happy about all-too-angsty rivalism, but she does have the spirit. She said she doesn't understand Yamada, which mirrors in the way she speaks to her.
She's basically telling her "Dun step on my turf", refering to her buddy-rivralry with Kase rather than anything else.

IMO, the context of what Inoue refers to is right there and quite obvious. But we are biased by Yamada's POV, her thoughts and interpretation and her assumptions [by courtesy of Mikawa].

last edited at Aug 29, 2016 1:22PM

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 29 Aug 08:22
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Hey, wait a second! There weren't any crepes at all in this chapter!

There are crêpes at the first page... and they look so yummy...
I want one! :(

...taking into account how Kase previously stuffed widdle smol Yamada with strawberries, the "What Kase wants to eat are sweet strawberry crepes"-line gets a whole new 'poetic' meaning...

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 29 Aug 08:15
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I'll find it incredibly amusing if at the end of this Inoue's all like "Wait, Kase's GAY!?"

I vote for you XD

So Inoue-senpai was serious after all.

......I shall take this opportunity to remind y'all, that we see the story through Yamada's lense.
IMO, Inoue's "stay out of it" was very much in regards to the race. I am not saying, Inoue has zero feelings for Kase, but like someone else here mentioned recently, my take is that it's more about Inoue having had Kase to herself previously - as a friendly rival and close friend. She knows, Yamada who never joined a club is unfamiliar to the whole (friendly) competition-attitude, so she's telling her in her own straight forward and fierce way to just not butt in.

As for Yamada's (and the readers') bias, it's all based on assumptions.
For all that matters, people could start similar rumors about Yamada and Mikawacchi: They are close, Mikawacchi acts protective about Yamada, they always show up in tandem in public...

I feel, it's noteworthy how sexy serious-Kase looks on page 4.

All the best wishes to Takashima-sama, that her stomach issues are nothing serious and she's gonna get better soon!

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 25 Aug 08:30
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

They are teens, afterall. They still need to learn how to relationship.
But I agree, that their relationship so far lacks intimacy - and I'm not talking the physical kind. They need to learn how to communicate, how to really talk and share.
Their are both incredibly inexperienced in that regard. Yamada only really has had Mikawa as a close friend (which is more of a cute pet - teasing owner relationship) and Kase, despite being super-popular, also doesn't seem to have many close friends (her senpai maybe coming closest, but only for a year or so and she's graduated).

So, yeah, Inoue might just be the trigger they needed. Heck, with that in mind, even Mikawa may be on the right track, spreading false information to tease Yamada into investigating!

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 24 Aug 21:00
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

But that's just my opinion as someone who experiences the same as Yamada. Lol. I mean, I understand how Yamada thinks specially when you have a friend like Mikawacchi, it's almost impossible to see the good in me since she always reminds me how "cool" my GF's ex is or was which is really frustrating as it is.

You and Yamada have weird and possibly sadistic "friends"....

You did raise an interesting point: Kase talks to Inoue about Yamada but not to Yamada about her senpai / friend....
We may chalk it up to Kase being Kase, though. And Kase rather talking to her friend about what goes on in her life, but not to Yamada about someone who's not around - and she doesn't seem to talk about her racing and teammates much with Yamada either... So this may just be an aspect of her life Kase doesn't think of or thinks relevant / interesting to mention when being with Yamada.

Drama and senpais aside, does anyone know if the song from chapter 3 ("you in the dusk" by tomo) is a real song? I tried searching for it, but I think that even if it was real, a search in English wouldn't get me very far, and google translate is hardly reliable.

Hm. I already tried googling about it before and couldn't find it so, I cam to a conclusion that it isn't really an existing song. Well, better ask the scanlators or translators. Haha. My reply is completely bs. Gomen. Gomen. Haha.

Didn't find anything either, but funny enough, Google auto-completed the search query...

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 24 Aug 09:38
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Am I the only one that find interesting that Kase, who's head over heals for Yamada, didn't introduce her as her girlfriend to Inoue who's supposedly her ex-girlfriend and thus should know Kase is into girls ?

Usually, you go for the "friend" introduction when you don't want people to figure out your gay. Makes me think that not only Kase never dated Inoue, but also never tell her that she like girls. Well, could also be that she was overly cautious of being on school grounds, so there might be a risk of someone coming within earshot. Also, it feels that Yamada is especially hurt by that introduction exactly because she's so set on Inoue being Kase's ex-girlfriend that she would have feel natural to be introduced as her girlfriend.

As for Inoue, I reserve my judgement for now... She did come across rude about the "don't get in my way" comment, but might just be because she was looking forward to have a proper run with Kase without any distraction and she doesn't like having Yamada tagging along for no evident reason. Maybe she also feels that if she wins against Kase with Yamada around, there's a chance her win might be caused by Kase being distracted by Yamada.

Or, plot twist : Inoue actually has the hots for Yamada as well (the "I" quickly changed to Kase when mentioning noticing her on the side) and would get distracted by Yamada just as much so she doesn't want that. Would be kinda fun, the two of them running around poorly because both trying to sneak peeks at Yamada in the middle of it. XD

Inoue knows about Yamada planning to go to Tokyo - a recent development. So we can assume Kase keeps talking about Yamada to Inoue... who also obviously remembers Yamada from back then, in one way or another.
Kase's fairly popular, but my take is, that Inoue is her only real friend at this point. On the same line of thought, when Kase talks to Inoue about someone else's life, Inoue would know that that someone must be important to Kase (she wouldn't recall any information of every of Kase's plenty fangirls, right?). The name "Yamada" got stuck with Inoue...
Inoue's initial response when Kase first (proudly) presented and introduced Yamada seemed friendly, charming even. Even later, she seems amused by Yamada's passion - it possibly being one thing she can somewhat relate to; she may have even (incidentally?) tested Yamada there to see if she was able to defend herself and her passions... (and Yamada seems to have passed, so far.)

I am also still hung up on not her last line, but the one immediately prior: "I don't know if you're her friend or what[ever]..."
-- taken the above into account (Kase talking to Inoue about Yamada), she would know, that they are AT LEAST friends, so the "or what[ever]" can (in my head) only imply something even more special than just friends. And let's not forget that Inoue seems to know Kase fairly well (rightfully calling Kase "a bit of a blockhead" XD ).

My take is, Inoue really does know there are lillies in bloom here. But as long Kase doesn't spill the beans, she won't push the matter. She doesn't really care that much if they are an item, either. She just wants to run (and so does Kase). She's a good friend to Kase, who still keeps in frequent contact even after graduation. And her warning is more of a "You probably won't get this kind of competitiveness, but don't fret. You do your thing, and I do mine - and we'll be good."
Inoue is a strong-willed character, but chapter 6 also showed her not to be overly fond of drama and angsty rivalry. So this may be her way of saying she won't get jealous of or bud into their relationship as long Yamada won't get jealous of or tries to mess with their friendship...

Edit:
However, this doesn't quite explain the "I..."
But, since she doesn't get what Yamada was doing there, Inoue presumably never really persued observing Yamada herself. But she saw her too, when she was walking home with Kase. So, maybe Inoue was about to say "I/Me and Kase saw you", but withheld that to not imply anything distractive - maybe being aware of Mikawa's rumors. In that interpretation, Inoue would be a nice person who wouldn't want to bring up anything that could lead Yamada to think of something that never was, but rather keep the focus on Kase as their common ground (and her source of anything Yamada-related, her even back then obsessing about Yamada).

last edited at Aug 24, 2016 10:03AM

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 23 Aug 22:18
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

And what the hell Kase! Your friend! Really?

She goes the extra mile to introduce her and personally (and with a heart) - but then presents her like a pet. Oh, Kase....... (translation made it "a friend" not "my friend"... ouch².)
I wish we had a few more chapters of Kase's POV. Maybe we'll get some once the senpai-situation is solved....

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 23 Aug 21:06
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

"..her friend or what" - whom Kase kept gazing at back then and still won't stop gushing about....
Inoue knows.

Now, the real waiting game begins....

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 18:04
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

There we go: Miwaki is evil. `_´
And yep, Kase fell... when she leaned down to try and peek at Yamada's panties and Sensei's sudden shout gave her a heart attack.... :P
How can Kase possibly be so sweet and innocent and yet so hawt and thirsty? :3

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 6:04PM

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 17:39
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

I feel like re-reading entire series anyway, but I think what I was remembering was indeed quote about girls becoming distant from her after PE. My first thought was that they tried to get along with Kase (romantically or not), but once they discovered her perfect body, they couldn't handle the difference. I'll post once I do get to re-read it and find anything.

I incidentally re-read the whole thing 2-3 weeks before the "new" chapters got translated... But can't recall a moment Kase talked about "exes" - especially with the whole thing about her not responding to Yamada's "Uhm, your previous girlfriends..?" in the Shortcake chapter. But let us know if you find something of interest :)

Silly girls... Getting all self-conscious and putting up distance after beholding the eternal glory that is this
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#22
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#25
!?!
I'd be getting closer... so much closer... hnnn~

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 5:41PM

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 17:14
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Chantelune posted:

Before Yamada she did like girls, but they all were like "Kase-san's soooo coool!! Oh, wait-BOOBS!? Okthxbai."

Not sure the issue is that Kase is a girl, though that's a possibility. I feel like it's more an issue of Kase having quite a figure on top of being well endowed. She's the ace of the track & field team, so you can expect her to have an athletic build that might make other girls less confident. And it's a common (and annoying in my small chested girl lover opinion) thing in japanese manga that every girls wanna have big boobs, so I guess there's jealousy there as well.

It was long since I read previous chapters, but didn't Kase said something alongside other girls not taking the whole lesbian thing seriously and just messing around for the lolz, while Kase was actually serious about it? Or being grossed at idea of actually going further or something?

...I found it: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch09_1#40
Maybe that explains why some recall this and others don't, since this is the very chapter that got two versions - the magazine version goes into a rant about Yamada comparing her chest to Kase's rather than elaborating on Kase's past experiences with the same sex.
It's up to interpretation (or translation), what Kase means by "getting along" with other girls. There's the overall context of going out / breaking up, but it easily can just be about her female peers' general response after being confronted with Kase's untamed glorious cleavage in the locker room.

At that, I was also revisiting Inoue's introduction (ch.6) and.... why exactly are we lead to believe Mikawacchi's rumor? Because Inoue was actually not jealous? Because she blushed? Because of the drops? Because they've been seen leaving school together...?
Kase never gave anyone Valentine's chocolate before nor has been in another girl's room since elementary before Yamada...

Couldn't find Kase mentioning girls dating her for the lolz (sounds familiar, but could have been just an interpretation in the discussion here - or again, something Mikawacchi said). If anyone finds it, pls link...

KueKyuuQ
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 14:32
Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

...the thing about Yamada's insecurity vs. Kase being the perfect gf:
Yamada is not entirely as insecure as in the beginning; there actually is some overall progression.
But, Kase is put on a very high pedestal - not only by Yamada herself, but by others too. So, Kase is not only awesome and popular but keeps getting better, sweeter and more and more committed (and thirstier~).
== The more perfect Kase-san is, the higher are the stakes / the more reasons are there for Yamada to feel inadequate and insecure and the more she has to lose (within her own emotional logic).
Yamada doesn't usually look for appreciation (e.g. her gardening skills on her rep sheet). So, she is sorta oblivious to Kase's jealousy and the fact Kase is as much of a fangirl for Yamada as Yamada is for Kase.

I'm in team "Kase's a virgin" (so to speak):
Before Yamada she did like girls, but they all were like "Kase-san's soooo coool!! Oh, wait-BOOBS!? Okthxbai."
I am also guessing, Kase is one to have a "type". And if Yamada is any clue, then that might be amongst the lines of "cute, smol, innocent, gentle, soft, adorable, a bit clutzy...."
Inoue is cool, confident, tall, elegant, athletic.....
Inoue is hardly anything like Yamada.
We learned over and over how oblivious Kase can be... She still has to learn how to "relationship" (presumably never really had any).
Inoue's chapter made it pretty clear towards its end, Inoue was into Kase big time.
......meantime, Kase liked to have a friend who could keep up with her - on the track field, mind you.

All that said, I feel Yamada and Kase's story, characters, reasons and motives are sweet, comprehensible, traceable and realistic.
The only thing that sorta bugs me is Mikawacchi's inconsiderate obsession about that rumor (which I am tempted to believe she came up with herself) and her devotion to make Kase seem like a player... Even IF Inoue actually still hopelessly tries to get into Kase's pants. XD

last edited at Aug 22, 2016 2:35PM