Forum › Posts by Juice

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

So cute, and I'm sure the Christmas party will be cute too.

joined Jul 31, 2013

This was so sweet! I loved the "proposal" lol

The mature air of the older woman was really sexy, too. Introspective and hot as hell.

This artist is wonderful <3

Yeah, the way she has her characters show intimacy through body language is great, along with how cute and honest her characters can be. If that's not the main takeaway when reading Nanzaki Iku, rather than some insignificant niggle about her character designs, then I feel sorry for you.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Nanzaki Iku's so good. You can tell from all the background details she quickly packed in that she'd be really suitable for, and probably wants to do, a long original series. I guess I can always hold out a distant hope of that happening one day.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Namori is an unusual girl.

joined Jul 31, 2013

The art on some of those pages is incredible. Good stuff so far.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Love this manga; thanks for the regular releases. I find the drama meaningful and the longing they each feel is passionate and enjoyable. Just like the good parts of Girlfriends, with maybe some of the extraneous character development arcs cut down.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I don't believe it's a facade. Actually I think she's one of the most honest characters in a while. Remember that page, when she was introduced to her new family? She was with her mother, all in bruises with dead eyes on her face? I assume her previous family was a life of physical and emotional abuse. And after that hell she was introduced to her new family. A family that wasn't all sweet and shiny, yes, but she could see that they were good people and it was a new warmth that she hasn't previously felt. It may seem weird from a normal person's perspective, but to her...she was just glad.

thats just mere speculation the manga doesnt show anything to sugest it maybe she was just sad for his fathers dead and thas why she has that dead expression youre overthinking it this one shot is pretty bad indeed maybe with a continuation that settle all that things you especulate this could pass from a 4 to a 6 max but right now the previous comment just hit the nail the black-hair girl didnt make anything to make me think she s not a worthless piece of trash she didnt apologize for ruining the dress she didnt apologize for being a bitch to her sister she didnt became a better daughter the cute blush didnt make for me either

Okay? Not everything in a fictional work has to be blatantly explained and obvious. Speculation and intimation is fine especially with a short story like this.

Juice
Nanzaki Iku discussion 22 Jul 03:14
joined Jul 31, 2013

I looked up Doropanda tours on Toranoana, and it looks like she's released a Mai-Hime doujin as late as 2015. So probably not wildly successful, and we probably won't get a look at it, but it is good to know she hasn't quit. I love her original stories and characters so much.

joined Jul 31, 2013

she goes to some music event concert randomly looking for a dancer to teach her and then she sees a women kicking a can and she think of course this is a dance expert...

Yeah, the plot here seems kind of forced. Deflecting an airborne beer can and kicking it into the trash sounds more like football or hackey sack than dancing. Trust me when I say it's very possible to be a good soccer player, kick-ass hackey sacker, and awful at dancing all at the same time.

Instead of jumping straight from that to "Oh, she must be an amazing dancer," it would've been less jarring and more believable to have that simply pique the protagonist's (and the reader's) interest in Ming, and then lead that increased attention into a second event that more explicitly and dramatically reveals her dancing skill.

Kinda hard to show fluid motion in a comic. Just pretend she did it extremely gracefully.

The hallmark of a skilled craftsman (be it a painter, a draftsman, a musician, a photographer, even an athlete or laborer) is the ability to take something difficult and making it look easy.

Even before that, to be a competent artist you need to convey your ideas at least somewhat clearly through the medium you're utilizing. The text here talks about the characters moving and dancing in certain ways (gracefully or otherwise), but the drawings fail to communicate it.

The art is good, but it has some seriously rough edges. Between that and the stilted writing, I'm having trouble staying motivated to read through all of the chapters here (I'm up to chapter 7 or something).

Bro, no one has a gun to your head.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Yeah, the art's fun and sexy, the characters and the premise in general are funny, and it doesn't mess around with any boring setup bits, non-yuri developments, or anything to taint its fun spirit. It's fresh and original and deserves any and all due acclaim.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Got to agree with the English posts here. These drama filled doujins seem really out of place for Symphogear, which is about camaraderie and chummy morals that help you do your best. It seems like TsubaMari fans prefer them though, so they may scan and translate as they please. It would be great to get more thematically appropriate ones with the characters behaving normally though.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

^^^Haha. It is similar in some ways, but seriously, this author seems a lot more comfortable with and attuned to yuri than Show ever was (outside of the amazing Prism).

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

I have such a love/hate relationship with 4-koma series. On the one hand, they tend to be really funny and make me chuckle and I genuinely enjoy the quick light-hearted story telling they tend to have.

on the other hand, I hate having to scroll up and down over and over to read both sides. I wish I just had a massive monitor so I could read it all at once.

This series is so cute though. I wish I could shove a little of Sakura Trick's over abundance of kisses in this series just to boost it to full-on yuri.

There's a resize button in the top right. It should be legible on your minor if you do that. This series is getting really good too, I agree.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Nice. Translations when!

joined Jul 31, 2013

Roast this jerk! He better rethink his whole shit and start being nice.

joined Jul 31, 2013

You know whats funny? I really liked this.

Yeah, something about it had me entertained by the end. I guess it's the nice art and light tone, even with the dark implications. Still, die Natsuko.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Thank you for doing this! This series is a favorite of mine. I love these two and their nervous, young love atmosphere.

Juice
New Game discussion 05 May 04:21
joined Jul 31, 2013

That wet t-shirt Hifumi though...

Yeah, there will probably be a lot more where that came from, as the anime nears airing. No complaints here.

Juice
New Game discussion 05 May 04:21
joined Jul 31, 2013

That wet t-shirt Hifumi though...

Yeah, there will probably be a lot more where that came from, as the anime nears airing. No complaints here.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Dark dark dark dark dark DARK DARK DARK

I understand, it is refreshing to see bad characters once in a while, but this? Maximalised manipulativeness and cruelty in yet another "bitch" from Kodama Naoko. It's darkness for darkness. Sneakiness for sneakiness. No plot, no moral, no development, no exit for this type of relationship. And I'm pretty sure there won't be.

It's not so simple in life with these kinds of situations. It would hurt much more, the plot would cause more pain and thoughts and would be more real if there were suicide vibes and hate for themselves. Without this unnesesary forced artificial cruelty.

It's just disgust for disgust. I don't believe it so I feel no sympathy. It's not what the good story should do.

So what does the author want to tell us? I know it's strange to ask it after one chapter, but as I said, I doubt there will be any adequate development. I think the author never thought of putting a lesson into a story. She just wanted to draw and maybe to provoke some cheap unfounded negative emotions, that's all. Well, the art is nice and I don't have much to read anyway, so I'll lazily follow with one eye.

Agreed with all of this. Don't mean to complain aimlessly, but there's a better way to do this kind of thing where the characters are treated with empathy instead of sociopathic drama devices. See: Gokujo Drops, The Real Her, Yuu and Mari from Virgin's Empire, and so on.

joined Jul 31, 2013

New author please

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Ah, okay. I see it now.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

They weren't washing the skirt, they were sewing it. I don't know how much better that is, but I thought it was pretty poignant how it led them to realize how they needed to equip Praha with the same defenses and alertness that a normal teenaged girl must develop.

Juice
Kase-san discussion 26 Apr 03:48
joined Jul 31, 2013

Nice. Yeah, I got the first volume and I will definitely try to get the next two soon. Even if you can't read it, folks, it makes you happy to have it and hold it. Plus, buying a currently releasing manga is the most direct way we can increase the chances of it continuing to further volumes. They're also really inexpensive, at least for the nlength of a typical yuri series.

Juice
Love Magnet discussion 25 Apr 14:06
joined Jul 31, 2013

Read Nishi Uko's previous works, thread full of people who seemingly haven't done this. This is a recurring character.

And the noses are a little more prominent than usual, but Nishi's art style is so cohesive and evocative that you barely notice them if you're into the story, much like how in real life you look past it to the eyes and expression of a person. I love this mangaka.