Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

I too think Sumin is going to leave with Seju but I doubt it's out of love.

I think that can be considered as a lifetime decision, so I doubt that one can make it not out of love.

Sumin is not going to fight for Sungji bc she is in no position to do so.

Still, she doesn't have to leave with Seju. Her leaving with Seju wouldn't mean that she's not fighting for Sungji, but it would mean that she's actually giving up on Sungji.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I'm disappointed in Sungji. Her level of understanding Sumin has gone below my expectation.

I find Sumin frustrating. Her still talking to Seju like nothing happened is giving Seju false hope.

I don't like Dawoon. Not even listening to the whole story, she told Sungji not to forgive Sumin.

I give up on shipping.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Seriously, I was expecting something good to come out for Sumin and Sungji after this. But it is possible, if they end up together, it will be made in a silly way.
It's probably author's fault I guess, that Sumin seems to talk to Seju so easily after that, but if we discard this, we can say that Sumin just can't stay mad at Seju for too long. Honestly, I just think they should end up together at this point.
Sumin and Sungji feels a bit pointless right now. Maybe it's just me though.

Before the cheating situation, and maybe right before Dawoon showing up, I thought Sungji would be the "healer" out of them three. But now they added a possible new love interest for her? What does that have to do regarding her relationship with Sumin? It was a bit sad when she thought of Sumin when she was with Dawoon, but she seems to be capable of getting over Sumin in the future. Seju does not, and this is also one ofthe reason's why I think that maybe they should end up together. Because Seju needs Sumin more. Of course Sungji's behavior is competely understandable though.

Seju and Sumin were always really close, and even now this stll seems to be the case. So yeah, I think they should end up together and try to solve their problems instead of finding new partners.
It's been too long imo for Sumin to finally completely get over Seju and start new with someone else, without messing up that person as well.

Also this trip to Japan felt like it was a red flag for an accident. Who knows, maybe Sumin will get on an accident and that will make Sungji to forgive her and come back.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Wow just read the chapter. Just wow. Just when i thought a new love interest for her....

Never in my life i saw such a forced kiss and forced pairing.

It is clear that she is not interested or love her old friend at all. 0% of love or affection was given into the kiss.

After reading the comments i was pumped up that the kiss would be good and she might have feelings for her old freinds. But man, ah man, its like she become void of emotions with her.

Seriously, now i know why i find this series a low tier yuri manhwa. Extremely casual cheating, anyone barely having any likeable personality and forced kisses and pairings.

Do all lesbians go and have sex with every women they know? If no, then author is seriously showing lesbians in a very stupid way.

3-4/10 for this series. Same as NTP and Her Pet manga. Only reading just to see the end nothing more.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 8:09PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Extremely casual cheating, anyone barely having any likeable personality

The name "what does the fox say?" alone is already enough to justify every character having their twisted personality.

If no, then author is seriously showing lesbians in a very stupid way.

It's more like it's because the author believes that that's how a brokenhearted adult would do; finding a comfort as such.

joined Aug 18, 2015

I too think Sumin is going to leave with Seju but I doubt it's out of love.

I think that can be considered as a lifetime decision, so I doubt that one can make it not out of love.

Sumin is not going to fight for Sungji bc she is in no position to do so.

Still, she doesn't have to leave with Seju. Her leaving with Seju wouldn't mean that she's not fighting for Sungji, but it would mean that she's actually giving up on Sungji.

Yes, it is is a lifetime decision. sometimes people just have to take responsibility for their past dumb actions/decisions. looking at Sumin's current position: 1) Sumin admitted she did blame Seju for her misfortunes. imo leaving with Seju is one way of repaying her debt. 2) If she and Sungji get back together, what's about Seju? when u love someone u want to see that person happy even you are not with them (maybe not lol). can Sumin bring happiness to Sungji? I don't think she has the confidence bc of her relationship with Seju still has yet resolved. overall Sumin is in a lose-lose situation.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 9:49PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Yes, it is is a lifetime decision. sometimes people just have to take responsibility for their past dumb actions/decisions. looking at Sumin's current position: 1) Sumin admitted she did blame Seju for her misfortunes. imo leaving with Seju is one way of repaying her debt. 2) If she and Sungji get back together, what's about Seju? when u love someone u want to see that person happy even you are not with them (maybe not lol). can Sumin bring happiness to Sungji? I don't think she has the confidence bc of her relationship with Seju still has yet resolved. overall Sumin is in a lose-lose situation.

I doubt she is that considerate. She has been in said position since like chapter 50, and she could still go all out about cutting tie with Seju.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Extremely casual cheating, anyone barely having any likeable personality

The name "what does the fox say?" alone is already enough to justify every character having their twisted personality.

If no, then author is seriously showing lesbians in a very stupid way.

It's more like it's because the author believes that that's how a brokenhearted adult would do; finding a comfort as such.

I am not familiar with this fox poem or song. I heard about its name this year in BvS moive. So yeah, no idea :/

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Of course Sungji's behavior is competely understandable though.

She knew all along that they're not just friends, she knew that Seju was manipulative, she knew that Sumin's emotionally unhealthy, she knew that Sumin was trying to change for her, and she knew Sumin's feeling for her was real. I thought she was always emotionally ready to deal with all the messes Sumin would bring, but she didn't. Her expecting to recieve only good things not bad things from someone like Sumin is too much.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

She knew all along that they're not just friends, she knew that Seju was manipulative, she knew that Sumin's emotionally unhealthy, she knew that Sumin was trying to change for her, and she knew Sumin's feeling for her was real. I thought she was always emotionally ready to deal with all the messes Sumin would bring, but she didn't. Her expecting to recieve only good things not bad things from someone like Sumin is too much.

I don't think she knew to that extend what she was getting into. It's a different thing to hear from someone and another to live it on herself. Should she just give up on Sumin when Seju told her about their past?
I don't think she was expecting only good things to happen to her with Sumin. She was just hoping for the good, and probably didn't even thought about Sumin cheating.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji said it was their past and now they were just friends to each other, then Seju told her that they were not friends. Also, Sumin did tell her that she might not be the kind of person Sungji thought she was. iirc, Sumin even told her that she might end up hurting her, then Sungji confidently responded to Sumin that "Whether or not it happens, it's by my choice." She seemed like she was emotionally ready to face something serious. -.-

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 1:50PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Just because someone says they are ready to face something serious, it doesn't mean they actually are. It's easier to say it without living it first. Her intentions were good. At least she was able to handle the whole Seju being Sumin's ex and still working together thing.
Now cheating is a whole new level of emotional torture. Knowing some details about Sumin's past (she still didn't know the full story/ies) doesn't mean she could predict the future and see the cheating coming.

What I wasn't expecting is how it was a bit inconsistent maybe for her character to go out with another girl right after being cheated. I just think they could show Sungji's "fall" in a different way than Sumin's. Going out with other girls, just seems a bit overused trope of this manhwa.
But well, maybe it's too early to say that though. They merely kissed and Sungji didn't even seem to like it that much.

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 2:16PM

joined Jun 6, 2016

There is still so many " items" that the author can use to turn the table and make a twist, for example the logical explanation of seju's cheating (she has said that she doesn't interested with a man to that man, nor she is drunk enough to do that reckless things just like what sumin's proclaimed)

Seju's brother talk with sumin about how he let her to have a revenge (Is it about sungji? Is seju's brother who hired sungji into the company?)

What's sungji's answer to sumin's proposal? (in a way, at least sumin told to sungji that she will stay by her side if she got one more chance)

I like how the author makes every chapters full of questions and let the plot unpredictable for the big reveal and decision.

The depth of the characters always come in subtle way, for example how sungji is more sensitive than her cold look, she is awfully bad at cook, how she is always feel that sumin is ready to give up on their relationship and feel insecure especially toward seju's and sungmin relationship, but keep believing that at least sumin has tried to make the relationship work and won't disappoint her, which turns out the opposite... Now she begins to questioning whether the first love really took significant role in someone heart... Lol, I wish she won't make same mistakes like sumin, my bet she won't.

Sumin is in another hand, who at first is just tasting the water, (the first part is about how sumin becomes an absolute asshole to sungji, .... Well and toward seju too) unconsciously have made some effort for someone else (sungji) to change her way of loving people. She who has distance herself to anyone and can leave out of any relationship anytime (based on how sumin's ex lover has said and even seju said the same too) is changing... Not completely.. But if you're willing to compare her previous action when she broke up with many of her past lovers (and even seju)
Sumin has show improvement. Before she just accept it, decide to part away... but for sungji, she ran and catching up to her and giving explanation although she is still given up the relationship lol... Sumin is always like that, a twisted mind... Even sungji ask sumin several time about what sumin really wants (I think sumin unconsciously tried to fix her mistake but she just doesn't aware about her own feeling... For example she tried to bring umbrella to sungji, going to same bus, buying a ring, etc) We know how timid sumin is... At least for this one, she isn't the one who ends up things...

About seju, I really wonder that she didn't know that sumin still loves her... Come on... Even nami know... It shows how seju has inferiority complex in a way (like she feels that she isn't worth of sungmin's love, or she has ruin sungmin's life). WHile nami surely have a one side crush toward seju, she has undeniably become a cupid for seju and sumin. she surely cares so much about seju by ruining her marriage meetup several time. I think she want what's best for seju, with or without sumin.

Last chapter looks like sumin has decided to leave with seju, granting seju's father wish. The addition of dawoon is somethings plan half way (second arc) I assume. Will it create huge impact or become just another minor character who will disappear after few chapters, can't figure yet. What I hope at least her addition isn't just to create unnecessary drama, but for some hidden purpose)

last edited at Oct 30, 2016 2:54PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Going out with other girls, just seems a bit overused trope of this manhwa.

Unemotionally going out with others, crying on the bed, .... again again and again.

she surely cares so much about seju by ruining her marriage meetup several time.

Nami's good point. (ノ´∀`)ノ *:・゚☆

(I can't seem to see her good point at all because I always view her negatively.)

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

she surely cares so much about seju by ruining her marriage meetup several time.

Nami's good point. (ノ´∀`)ノ *:・゚☆

(I can't seem to see her good point at all because I always view her negatively.)

I find Nami the most insightful character out of them all.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I find Nami the most insightful character out of them all.

We've never seen her pov, right? She may seem to be someone like that because Team Gaji tends to only mess up the character they are focusing on.

joined Aug 29, 2015

the artist finally added POV scenes to Sungji, which they should have added since from the beginning. this webtoon somehow confuses me with it's lack of continuity and inconsistency. Seju, Sumin and Sungji had a heated encounter but then, it's like nothing happened. okay, Sumin and Sungji broke up but didn't Sungji said that "this time will be different" and I can't help but laughed my a$$ off on how Seju just randomly appear throughout this webtoon series. even though she's an integral part of the story.

Dawoon's addition to the cast of characters might help Sungji to have a more solid background story. so, I hope they explore their past more on the next chapters. now, they can focus on Seju x Sumin and Dawoon x Sungji which would be a fresh thing to see. but I think they will pull out the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" angle on Sumin x Sungji and imo, it's time already for Seju and Sumin to settle their love/hate relationship once and for all.

last edited at Nov 2, 2016 3:25AM

joined Nov 2, 2016

I want to see a jealous Sumin

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Chapter 49.

joined Jun 6, 2016

Chapter 49.

Lol... If by thinking how sumin can be jealous and unreasonably mad toward seju, compare to what she did when sungji is approached by strangers (dawon)... Can I assume who sumin loves more?

what interesting find is it could be mean:
1. sumin believes that seju won't sleep with anyone else than herself
2. Sumin claim that seju is hers, altough in another side sumin can have sex with any girls(?)

Their relationship is twisted, but I think what left is for sumin to forgive seju's one mistake.

joined Nov 2, 2016

So as of now we still dont know who sumin loves more among the two(seju or sungji) right? I mean it doesnt uncovers yet ryt?

Im sorry because im still at chapter 34 so i havent figured out what will happen on the final chapters.

joined Nov 2, 2016

Im shipping sungji and sumin. Everytym i see them interact together i always smile, it makes me so excited.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

So as of now we still dont know who sumin loves more among the two(seju or sungji) right? I mean it doesnt uncovers yet ryt?

It hasn't been uncovered yet, but so far based on this and that some readers have already made their assumptions on it. You would too, maybe. I was always curious about who she loved more, so I was hoping for Sungji to get drunk and sleep with another guy to see how Sumin would treat her after that, but that didn't happen.

Im shipping sungji and sumin. Everytym i see them interact together i always smile, it makes me so excited.

Good luck reading till the latest chapter.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Sumin is not as mad with Sungji as she was with Seju for two reasons.
First, she was the one who cheated on Sungji, so she knows she doesn't have the right to be mad at her now. Second, they had a long history with Seju together, and she was still holding hurt feelings from her. So Seju allegendly sleeping with Nami brought back these hurtful feelings from their past too.

We don't know for sure who she loves more, but since Seju always seemed to be the third wheel between them, Sumin probably loves Sungji more. Also the fact that she had decided to finally move on and quit her job to be with Sungji and never see Seju again.
But personally I always liked Sumin x Seju more. They seem to have a deeper connection, and despite all the hardships they still stay close to each other. Of course, not in a healthy way. But I just like their chemistry better.
Sungji is sweet and all, but it feels like the typical yuri relationship they have here.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sumin having decided to move on and quit her job to be with Sungji is not enough to prove that she loves Sungji more imo. It's a Responsibility Vs. Love sort of thing. Hearing Sungji telling her she had given Sungji her heart + Sungji was soooo trusting her in never ever hurting Sungji + she herself had experienced suffering from a broken first love would've putted a huge responsibility on her at that moment. That's why I still doubt her choosing Sungji over Seju means that she loves Sungji more. Also, we don't know if she would be really successful in not seeing Seju again or not.

To reply you must either login or sign up.