Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Newp good job and thank you for the translation. I'm giving Azai to you free. Hehehe. Don't tell Azai that.

joined Jun 20, 2016

How does it look like Seju is going to be twisted more? When Sungji said "it can't go the way you want.", Seju's expression changed. Doesn't it seem more like her twist has been ended there already? Do you people not think she is going to breakdown in the next chapter? Also, what is Seju's character being not consistent you people talked about? If Seju started showing her twisted side from this chapter on, how was it inconsistent? She has been portrayed as a character who has a twisted personality. Doesn't it mean that Team Gaji has planed on it all along?

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Seju may breakdown again and again, and she may as well become more evil after each breakdown.

Having a twisted personality doesn´t mean you can´t keep playing cool. If her character were consistent, her having to use her last resort to fight Sungji of all Sumin´s exes would have been justified.

last edited at Jun 21, 2016 12:09PM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

tl;dr everyone's a gay mess

joined Jun 6, 2016

Looking how this story will going...
It will be sungji and sumin at the ending, meanwhile sumin fix her relationship with seju, but just as family. And here come seju finally open up to nami.....

Lets see how this prediction might went....

Like%20i%20care
joined Jun 22, 2016

Plot twist: It's a healing story cause Nami's gonna stub her toe in a later chapter and there'll be a follow up chapter showing how it heals. As for Sumin, Sungji and Seju, they'll all die cruel, painful and long deaths.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Looking how this story will going...
It will be sungji and sumin at the ending, meanwhile sumin fix her relationship with seju, but just as family. And here come seju finally open up to nami.....

That relationship doesn't seem fixable though.

True. I think it's likely no one will end up with anyone at this rate...

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Greetings!

I spent the last two weeks catching up with the latest chapter (I dropped WDTFS back then around chapter 20-ish, I think). Lezhin doesn't seem to have translated the last few chapters yet, so thank you everyone who has been providing translation here!

I... just. Chapter 55 disappointed me. A lot. This is why plot twist is in narrative devalued - it lacks subtlety and is just present for shock value. Talk about underestimating your readers' intelligence. And Sumin, I love her, I really do, but man does homegirl ef up.

Speaking of effing up, does anyone know from which chapter where this panel come? It showed up when I was doing a google search, but I didn't remember ever reading it.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/55f47454067f40625e4fdde3b9ee2626/tumblr_o75lelF08p1v7z1aco1_1280.jpg

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Speaking of effing up, does anyone know from which chapter where this panel come? It showed up when I was doing a google search, but I didn't remember ever reading it.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/55f47454067f40625e4fdde3b9ee2626/tumblr_o75lelF08p1v7z1aco1_1280.jpg

It's not from any chapter. It was uploaded by the author on their Twitter account. Not sure if it's a (future?) scene from wdfs.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

It's not from any chapter. It was uploaded by the author on their Twitter account. Not sure if it's a (future?) scene from wdfs.

Oh thank you! If that's really the case (future scene), I'm gonna be hella pissed. Sumin, you just don't.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

Hey guys, I know that I've been posting translations for you guys here since chapter 43 or so.. but I'm just wondering.. how did you get translations before that? Did you wait a long time for them?
I'm asking because I'm thinking of taking a break from reading WDTFS until it is completely finished . I've actually been contemplating that for a while now but decided to wait until the 2nd volume was over. You must have found them elsewhere for chapters 1-43 right? I'm really hoping my leave from translating won't be such a huge impact on you all .. because I know there are other sites and people who do it as well. I also know I was kinda late to the game so people might not even care if I stop (which I hope is the case atm Dx).
It's just that I really hate cliff hangers and I prefer reading/watching stuff all at once.. and I would like to do that for the last volume of WDTFS.

last edited at Jun 25, 2016 3:16PM

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Hey guys, I know that I've been posting translations for you guys here since chapter 43 or so.. but I'm just wondering.. how did you get translations before that? Did you wait a long time for them?
I'm asking because I'm thinking of taking a break from reading WDTFS until it is completely finished . I've actually been contemplating that for a while now but decided to wait until the 2nd volume was over. You must have found them elsewhere for chapters 1-43 right? I'm really hoping my leave from translating won't be such a huge impact on you all .. because I know there are other sites and people who do it as well. I also know I was kinda late to the game so people might not even care if I stop (which I hope is the case atm Dx).
It's just that I really hate cliff hangers and I prefer reading/watching stuff all at once.. and I would like to do that for the last volume of WDTFS.

I don't think it would be much of a problem fro those who bought chapters of wdtfs every weak if you take a break from translating, Newp, since I noticed that the english version is now only two chapters behind of the korean version. But I do not know about those who does not buy the chapters. I have seen some translated chapters uploaded on imgur but I do not know if those are your translations or somebody elses.

Dppp
joined Mar 2, 2016

I don't think it would be much of a problem fro those who bought chapters of wdtfs every weak if you take a break from translating, Newp, since I noticed that the english version is now only two chapters behind of the korean version. But I do not know about those who does not buy the chapters. I have seen some translated chapters uploaded on imgur but I do not know if those are your translations or somebody elses.

Yes I was hoping that would be the case ^ ^
And yeah I do help out a team atm that uploads the typeset of my trans on imgur. Sometimes I do the full translation and they end up changing and rewording some things to make it better and such. But either way, the other girl will probably be doing the translations from now on.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Yes I was hoping that would be the case ^ ^
And yeah I do help out a team atm that uploads the typeset of my trans on imgur. Sometimes I do the full translation and they end up changing and rewording some things to make it better and such. But either way, the other girl will probably be doing the translations from now on.

I see, it was your translation as well. Well if there's another person doing the translation then you should not worry too much about it :)

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Long story short, I'd hate to see you go but you know what's best for you so you do you! I'm more of a binge watcher/reader myself, and the reason I'm joining this forum is that I need to see more of what other readers have discussed about the story so far. I guess I'm a tad too old for chapter-based discussion, haha. Personally, since I read Japanese but not Korean, you have been a great help in understanding not only the dialogue but also the cultural elements in it, Newp-san.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Did Team Gaji post something on the Lezhin's Korean page? I read in English, so it didn't show up on my page. Would anyone be willing to update the rest of us on that?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Did Team Gaji post something on the Lezhin's Korean page? I read in English, so it didn't show up on my page. Would anyone be willing to update the rest of us on that?

I don't know if they posted anything new, but I've read people talking about WDFS coming back on July 26 instead of July 21.
You can view the korean page by changing the language settings on the bottom right of the page and then switch it back to english again. If you didn't already know.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

I don't know if they posted anything new, but I've read people talking about WDFS coming back on July 26 instead of July 21.
You can view the korean page by changing the language settings on the bottom right of the page and then switch it back to english again. If you didn't already know.

Martian So I did... to no avail since I don't speak Korean. Here it is:

http://www.lezhin.com/ko/comic/what_does_the_fox_say/e2

So they push back the release date? Well, at this point I just want Sungji to not get hurt (further).

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Oh this one. It's a recap of the second arc and also a little insight on what they'll focus on in the third arc. They say that team Gaji is going to focus more on Sungji and Seju's story in the third arc.

So they push back the release date? Well, at this point I just want Sungji to not get hurt (further).

Well I don't know for sure since there's no official update on it. Haha we still can't be sure about that.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Oh this one. It's a recap of the second arc and also a little insight on what they'll focus on in the third arc. They say that team Gaji is going to focus more on Sungji and Seju's story in the third arc.

Well I don't know for sure since there's no official update on it. Haha we still can't be sure about that.

Ah thank you so much!

Wait, hold on. I thought the first arc was Sumin's, second Seju's, and third Sungji's. They're going to divide the third for Sungji and Seju now? I mean, yeah, a closure for Sehu will be great (please, no more of the tired crazy ex cliche), but I'm also hungry for Sungji's side of the story, separate and independent from Two That Destroy. Hope this doesn't mean she'll get less screen time. /prepares freshly laundered fluffy towels for Sungji/

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Ah thank you so much!

Wait, hold on. I thought the first arc was Sumin's, second Seju's, and third Sungji's. They're going to divide the third for Sungji and Seju now? I mean, yeah, a closure for Sehu will be great (please, no more of the tired crazy ex cliche), but I'm also hungry for Sungji's side of the story, separate and independent from Two That Destroy. Hope this doesn't mean she'll get less screen time. /prepares freshly laundered fluffy towels for Sungji/

No problem!

Well it was only an assumption by fans that that's how each arc is going to be, but team Gaji themselves only ever said that they are going to divide the story into 3 arcs. True, no more crazy ex would ne great. I believe Sungji is going to get more screen time if they're going to focus on her character as well im the third arc. As for Sumin, she can have a little less screen time hahahaha.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

As for Sumin, she can have a little less screen time hahahaha.

I'm torn about it, tbh. Channeling my inner Tyrion, I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.

Especially if they're dark-haired and have cool tats.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I'm torn about it, tbh. Channeling my inner Tyrion, I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.

Fair enough...And I can't argue with that last part hahaha...But brace yourself, winter is coming.

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Fair enough...And I can't argue with that last part hahaha...But brace yourself, winter is coming.

Winter has come. (Ef GoT for sucking me back for the finale.)

Also, Kerria japonica (Sumin's tattoo) is a winter flower. My darling, flung out of snowy place.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Winter has come. (Ef GoT for sucking me back for the finale.)

Also, Kerria japonica (Sumin's tattoo) is a winter flower. My darling, flung out of snowy place.

The real war is about to begin!

Like the meaning of the flower, Sumin is waiting for spring to finally come.

To reply you must either login or sign up.