[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

hmm.. the art is good..

joined Dec 18, 2013

Gensokyo blood sports.
...Tenshi played Stalker?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Fairly cheerful for a Stripe Pattern book. Still, main drawn is the art, as usual

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I wish Stripe Pattern would hire a writer or something. His art is going to waste on GRIMDARK GRIMDARK

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Blasphemy! Why is Cirno not there despite its title?

Other than that, haha... hahahaha! Tenko gonna get Sanaelated!

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

I never know what's happening, but at least it's nice to look at, right?

joined Nov 11, 2010

Hmm, this does make me think about how the physical battles of the Tasogare Frontier fighting games fit into the Touhou world of danmaku.

Disgruntled Farmer Tenshi
__daiyousei_hinanawi_tenshi_and_kazami_yuuka_touhou_drawn_by_warugaki_sk_ii__39c8d7402995cfc3bfca4fa9427cf45f%20(3)
joined Mar 8, 2017

Yeaaaa, Touhou Fight Club

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

A common pattern of Gensokyo characters being afflicted with boredom, a desire for stimulation, and immersion in the thrill and/or senselessness of violence. I think it's the curse of having too much power, or having nothing left to attain, that sort of empty feeling, something which the author often connects as inherent to being a Touhou protagonist, their curse. Hmm. They all have great atmosphere, I definitely feel the savage senselessness and despair in every doujin, but maybe that's why I only came closest to liking Beautiful World and Gungnir. They're too dark AND too senseless, and while "senselessness" is a key part of Gensokyo, one of its foundational truths... every character is not like 'this', the specific way they're all portrayed by Stripe Pattern, and it's, not, Gensokyo enough. It's just not. These are something else, not the underlying themes of Touhou. Too much despair I would say, in these depictions, too much despair that's not there.

Well, it's nice to read their afterwords. They put a lot of heart and work and thought into every doujin (geez just look at that art) and they do intend to tell a type of complete story. It's nice maybe to keep them in the back of the head, to think about them at the darkest times. ...or maybe not. I have to say they do use some interesting storytelling techniques, like the two timelines here which violently intersect, cutting off Sanae's "redundant" section. Ah and they really like using repetition, of a single phrase or a single concept throughout an entire work, building on that one idea minutely towards the end.

Blasphemy! Why is Cirno not there despite its title?

Haha I thought the same. Looking at the title, I thought Stripe Pattern was finally going to have a more lighthearted piece, but nope.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 6:12PM

__minamoto_chikaru_strawberry_panic_drawn_by_takashina_asahi__abe92d9e0ddce264552d5caa2b8929cc
joined May 13, 2018

Nice....Fight Club x Touhou.
Ironically, boredom causes many conflicts irl as well.

joined Aug 29, 2018

what's wrong with the artist, i checked his works but it has stopped since 2013. where is he now and why he stops drawing ?

joined Oct 29, 2019

@thanh200110 He seems to have a part in Fate/Grand Order and New Danganronpa as illustrator around the time.

Not sure why he's still nowhere to be found though, those jobs should already be done

To reply you must either login or sign up.