Forum › Posts by CB39

joined Dec 18, 2013

"terf terf terf"
"egg egg egg"
"why in a lesbian space are you not all worshipping the latest fad about men"

Stop it. Enough. Transtrendy crap like this does infinitely more harm than good. All of you clamoring for more of the boy misread his chapter. That whole chapter was mild social commentary about that issue, with how it's become a problem for actual lesbians. A boy with a fetish sees two women together and assumes one is a man.

Think about it without your obsession with the latest social fad clouding your mind for a moment. Consider being approached by a man and asking how you pass as a female so well ( because he assumes you're a male). That's actually really rude.

Further, the "egg" shit is gross - that term originates from creeplords that stalk minors online and try to groom them into self-harm by convincing them their struggles with puberty make them trans. The transtrenders are destroying what little acceptance the poor souls actually suffering from gender dysphoria have managed to gain.

And finally, I'm not one of those clowns that thinks "terf" is a slur - but it is an incredibly stupid phrase. Trying to pigeonhole everyone who ever says anything against any element of the current dogma as a radical feminist is inaccurate, confusing to people outside the issues and makes everyone using it look ignorant at best and foaming-at-the-mouth misogynist at worst because that outlook originates from the incel types, too - before they latched onto trans as a tool for their own use, "feminism" was their boogieman.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Welp, the series just went off the deep end. Can anyone in Japan write a plot where a pseudo-Catholic church does not turn out to be led by evil old folks? I dunno, just for the sheer shock factor.

That would shatter suspension of disbelief, even for wildcats like me

joined Dec 18, 2013

Supporting predatory garbage licensing companies is not a good way to support the author. If you want to throw them a bone, import the original books or buy merch and continue reading fan translations.

Crunchyroll et al are truly garbage companies filled with arrogant, underperforming tools that have done shady, anti-consumer things many times, and they pay pennies for licensing. Not to mention all the unqualified moralizers that "localize" instead of accurately translating things, because while they're pretending to be for social justice, they're actually just racists and cultural imperialists.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Lord, why do some new-gen scan groups adopt the most Nintendo of America type localization policies? Translate, don't localize. "Stan" is western slang. When you localize instead of translate accurately, that's erasure of the original cultural background.

It makes me miss the old days, heaps of translator notes and all.

joined Dec 18, 2013

On this wintry day, a single designer passed away....
because they transferred their consciousness all the way into the dog-bot's finally completed cyber-brain.

IMMORTAL DOG!

joined Dec 18, 2013

Don't bother arguing with the "monogamy bad" people, they're being disingenuous. Romantic attachment to intimacy is normal (it's called making love for a reason), not some grand societal conspiracy to repress the people who want to fuck around, and not something even most people that argue those positions REALLY fail to understand. Finding the idea of selling intimacy repulsive or degrading is not evil. The people that would choose that line of work if it wasn't extremely profitable (because it's criminal) / if they weren't desperate are in the minority of the people in that profession.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Background dog best character

joined Dec 18, 2013

What fuckin planet
If people can have a 1 hour plus commute to WORK surely you can drive home on the weekends damn

joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't really like the translators using that creepy incel "drop of coochie" slang in an earlier chapter.

Also, y'all chill on the emo guy. Nene especially - Kan seems like a depressed misanthrope, not a creepy misogynist abuser. The Tazune comparison is way off, that dude is a gigantic piece of shit in comparison to this dude who's just a jerk.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Useless lesbi-nyans everywhere

joined Dec 18, 2013

Hey folks it’s ok, Matsuri The Oracle predicts Kaoru will go crazy because of all this pressure and kill Reiichi and Ritsuko after inviting her over for dinner, then kidnap Uta out of the country in order to marry her.

Oh wait. That’s another manga.

Which one is that? Sounds interesting.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Gonna agree here with the people asking for tags. Tags are to avoid content you don't want to see. So you don't get surprised by shit. Like
I don't care if it spoils the twist, because I don't want to see stories where that is the twist. Hence, reading the tags.

CB39
Thursday discussion 17 Apr 03:12
joined Dec 18, 2013

Thanks I hate it

joined Dec 18, 2013

Reads like a strawman political comic but longform, what with the "irrational crackjob" character flipping out and getting "defeated" soundly by the primary characters. Doesn't feel like a story with actual characters, just cut-outs to represent the ideas that the author believes and an exaggerated loon set up to get beaten so they can "win".

On that note and not specifically referencing this story, remember when "gender roles are meaningless, do what you want" was the dogma? Now it's "define your whole being by whatever clothes you prefer / gender stereotypes you conform to". Honestly just do what you want, the problem that arises with the latter is when you expect to control other people's actions and make them accommodate your preferences. You'll never win that battle.

joined Dec 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=923fVDDwaHo
Here's the intro the author was talking about in the last page of CH3.

joined Dec 18, 2013

It's all fine and good in a 2d land, but kids, don't actually drink milk before running unless you're trying to empty your stomach.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Judging by the barrel and chassis, the Yakumo tank is a Merkava, type 3 or 4, but the text states it has a 104mm cannon. The type 1 and 2 had a 105, but the 3 and 4 use the 120. Also, the driver's position is in the hull.

joined Dec 18, 2013

I didn't know Dynasty could be so hostile about a manga before. It makes me not want to venture into these forums again.

This was a beautiful chapter and a huge step forward for Sachi. I'm disappointed a lot of you can't see that.

Yeah, it's a huge step forward for a bitch, she just realized Ruki might be a person. Now she sees her as an object to protect instead of just an object. She's practically autistic with her complete lack of empathy and that doesn't at all change the fact that Ruki was treated horribly and she shows no remorse for it. Should we cheer for a criminal who discovers they don't enjoy crime by committing a crime?

Comments sections are basically reaction sections of a forum. You ever see people yell at the TV? This is that. It turns out monogamous people (currently the majority of the western world) don't like infidelity, because it's basically the worst thing you can do to a person without venturing into criminal territory. Many people are also able to recognize that continuing a relationship with someone who has betrayed you like that is extremely unhealthy, and very depressing to watch. If you've ever had a friend stick with someone who treated them like shit you'd see it too.

joined Dec 18, 2013

I'm not even going to bother quoting every single IDIOT that says "cheating is a mistake". No. Spilling milk is a mistake. Cheating is a deliberate action taken by people who are completely self-centered, who sometimes blame it on a lack of self-control.

People don't just WOOPS trip into someone's arms naked and WOOPS accidentally because of gravity have sex with them.

"Wah waah it's hard for the cheater too, having to struggle with guilt knowing they're a class A piece of shit, oh look how the relationship can struggle through how amazing".

Some relationships shouldn't be continued. Keeping one on life support to keep the status quo when there are people out there that won't treat you like a piece of shit is pathetic behavior by someone who has been shocked so badly they don't know how to respect themselves anymore and if they never wake up from that it's even worse.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Somehow with all this, I know Shuninta will make it work.

Probably the only reason I am enduring this right now, is because Shuninta has earned and built up my faith in her.

So Shuninta will force a bullshit happy ending despite all this? That shouldn't actually make you feel better.

I mean really there's two places this could go. "I forgive you despite you cheating on me" blah blah fake happy ending, or "Ruki moves on with her life and epilogue chapter shows her finding people that don't suck, blah blah ten years later", which is just a cop out meant to say "I drew pointless drama and don't care to develop characters, skip everything I'm out". Unless the story keeps running for a while longer than this there's nothing good to look forward to. But according to mangaupdates, it ends at 3 volumes, so there's no point in hoping for anything better.

last edited at Feb 5, 2015 1:52AM

joined Dec 18, 2013

Are you fucking kidding me? So this is just "College girls are either malicious sluts or woobies" the manga? Fuck this shit. Fuck you Shuninta.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Suddenly PLOT

CB39
Gamma discussion 19 Nov 12:48
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yay. i make a request to Uploaded this manga after know if have very good ending
http://kitsukyouno.livejournal.com/35848.html
here I leave some spoiler to the end if you want to know

DAMN IT! BAIT AND SWITCH!

joined Dec 18, 2013

That 00 chapter feels like a retcon. It doesn't fit with what's come before.

joined Dec 18, 2013

Why do they make so many of these sad for no damn reason stories, seriously
Marisa is a magician, magicians are a class capable of achieving immortality, according to Zun, and Marisa is also aiming for immortality.