Forum › Happy Sepia discussion

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

At first, I've been with Karretch's causal loop/bootstrap paradox idea (after all, if time travel is still in its infancy, how come there's already a guide? Golly, I wonder who wrote it...) but now it seems like that couldn't possibly work out.

Eh, I still believe it. Grammy could possibly legit not tell it's Kaede and it's a fakeout by the author. However, she outright says "hold more secrets as you get older" as a subtle way of sending the message she understands something is going on and it's doubtful she wouldn't recognize her own granddaughter even grown up, looking like her mother and father mixed up and all that. As for young Kaede, they interacted for all of I'd guess at most half an hour. That's plenty of time (or lack thereof haha) for a 5-7 year old to forget a person without any lasting memories. Kaede seems that much of an airhead to me as a teen that it's easy to fathom as a child.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

These idiots... :D

joined Mar 26, 2021

And they were the bestest of friends...

Welp, that was a short one! Was it axed? The setup feels like it's done for a longer story.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

It was a guest series on Kirara that wasn't picked up for full serialization. This was before the author started Stardust Telepath.

last edited at May 15, 2024 10:01AM

Jumbo-yotsuba-4810
joined Mar 31, 2023

It was a guest series on Kirara that wasn't picked up for full serialization. This was before the author started Stardust Telepath.

Ah! Thanks for the background. Cute, albeit too short.

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Are we sure this is the end? Mangadex says there's two more chapters left.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, time travel troubles...

Unrelated to this, though, as you can also see from the table of contents in chapter 1. In fact, we already have the second of those here.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Well, that was fun. Thanks for scanlating.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

How was this not serialized after such a cliffhanger!?

We were so close to the important "the person you love grows through your love and you can't expect them to stay like this forever message". And more time travel hijinx - I'd really love to see how the author would resolve this situation now.

nienai Uploader
tinybirdwords
joined Jun 22, 2022

The other 2 chapters in the volume are oneshots basically. (This here being one of them: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stardust_telepath_ephemeral_sister_extra_from_the_happy_sepia_volume)

joined Jul 4, 2018

gg

To reply you must either login or sign up.