Forum › Miss Gu and Miss Qu discussion

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

That director is shady. Intimacy scenes are usually HEAVILY choreographed. If it's not in the script, they don't do it. If there are any changes, they have to get permission from the actors, the director, and even an intimacy coordinator. This was not cool at all.

Yeah, I came here to say that, at least in the American acting industry (since that's all I can speak for), there's literally someone whose whole job it is to make sure moments of intimacy are performed safely and according to plan. Just like how you don't improvise fight scenes because of the risk of physical injury, you don't just spring a tongue kiss on someone without their knowledge and consent.

joined Jan 3, 2020

By the way, this was picked up for an official English translation by Tappytoon under the name Twin Flames of Destiny.

And, yes, the behavior of Qu is really hard to accept. She lies to Gu about her sexuality (twice) on a technicality (when she knew what the underlying question really was). Towards the middle of the story, Qu coaxes Gu into trying to practice various intimacy scenes. From there, Qu forcibly tries to transition what they're doing into sex, despite multiple clear calls of "No" and even "Please stop". Eventually, they're interrupted by the doorbell. Afterwards, Gu breaks down into a shivering tearful mess, lamenting how she was scared and couldn't get Qu to stop. She then says that she has to quit the project because she can't continue, at which point Qu leaves instead.

The worst part of all of this is the story makes it out like you're supposed to feel that Gu was in the wrong for rejecting her sexual assault or for trying to escape.

It's... really, really bad from a consent perspective. I honestly can put up with a lot of dubious consent by telling myself it is just fiction, but in this case, there's no consent at all; it is literally sexual assault with victim blaming. It strikes a nerve.

To reply you must either login or sign up.