Forum › Do we need the tag ASEXUAL ?

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

Are there any ideas of what manga on the Reader could use that tag?

Steam%20picture%20eclipse
joined Jan 9, 2017

Like this

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It's hard to tell apart a late bloomer from an asexual character with romance manga that's usually featuring teens, for example there were many people claiming that Bloom Into you is about an asexual girl. It would be easier for an adult character saying that they never had sex, interest in sex or masturbation.

For example I think Kobayashi from the maid dragon anime is asexual, 0 interest in guys and any time she has seen Tohru naked she gets mad instead, hell even cuddling makes her uncomfortable.

I'm not against the tag of course, just saying it could be used after the series ends in most cases.

last edited at Jun 22, 2022 7:27PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

I don't see the harm in having the tag, but it may end up being "temporary" in many cases.

Should it only apply if the main characters are ace or would Bloom Into You still have the tag because Maki?

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I don't see the harm in having the tag, but it may end up being "temporary" in many cases.

Should it only apply if the main characters are ace or would Bloom Into You still have the tag because Maki?

Personally i'd apply the tag as soon as any ace character is present in the story, so your example would count. also one can very well argue (which i do) that Yuu in Yagakimi is demisexual, which is one the asexual spectrum, but that's beside the point xD

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

We've been getting a lot more ace spectrum and aro spectrum representation in recent years.

"Bloom Into You"
"Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind"
I would argue "Crescent Moon and Doughnuts" also

Personally, I would appreciate an "ace spectrum" tag. I'm sure others would as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.