Forum › The Gensokyo of Humans discussion

joined Feb 28, 2020

Hmm...that looks a little different from the Omoikane we know.

joined Jun 5, 2018

If the romans saw things like that during their spreading of christianity, they would have shit themselves and never returned to the northern parts of europe. Sadly no lightning struck the general

joined Jun 5, 2018

Well I guess thats that. Although is volume 2 this already released volume or will there be a sequel? And why is akyuus twin not able to meet her, I mean, unless akyuus issues are caused by them meeting (which doesnt seem to be case, as they appeared without them meeting and disappeared while they were) her twin could always just disguise herself, hell, they have so many youkais of deception there, anything goes.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Pretty interesting read, really enjoyed it. What makes this story unique in my opinion is (spoiler!) that there's no youkai influence involved - it's just humans solving another individual's issue.

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

From the beginning, I was worried about what type of situation I would have to endure in this read. Despite the somewhat convenient ending that ties everything back into place, I enjoyed every bit of the story.

I liked how Akyuu, Kosuzu and their friendship were portrayed, and as Specialstage said, I also enjoyed the absence of influence from youkai this time. It was truly a story of the "Gensokyo of Humans", and a good grasp of how the daily life in the village would be. I love how Touhou's lore can still be so interesting even when the most prominent fantastic elements are left aside, just by making good use of its human characters,

I also was happy for Akyuu finally finding another good purpose to continue to write the chronicles. It had some interesting reflections about death, how to spend life, and one's legacy after they're death. Another nice Touhou doujin, and I'm gonna put it into my favorites now!

joined Jun 5, 2018

I just reread this (or rather am in the process of doing so) and realized Marisa has been DISOWNED, like what?! Thats a lot more cruel than what normally the fandom says! (ch. 8 page 11-03)

And I dont see why tea girl and akyuu cant meet anymore. Just dont tell the servants about it, hell it might even help with sorting out whose memory belongs to whom and prevent things like this in the future

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 3:32PM

joined Apr 30, 2021

Chapter 1 title: "If You're Dying And You Know It"
My brain: "... clap your hands~!"
Akyuu, first panel: Clap clap

I spat tea across my desk XD

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

This series is amazing, definitely one of my favorites now. There are so many points of introspection this doujin brought upon me while I was reading that there were too many of them, I'm overwhelmed with how well it portrayed its themes. I'm definitely gonna re-read this again in the future.

The backgrounds were also so vibrant, simply beautiful how much effort went into them, it really made the panels look gorgeous.

Also Marisa wearing no sleeves and a strawhat was something I did not know I needed, but well I guess I know now. Pretty cute.

joined Mar 23, 2024

that was good

To reply you must either login or sign up.