Forum › I'm No Cat Lover discussion

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

AWWWWWWWWWWWW
cough

Hmm... Maybe I'll go to a cat coffee after the test's over...

Image%20(5)
joined Jul 17, 2018

Well this is a good way to end Christmas.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It was adorable <3

Thatguywholikestoship
15078895_927017337429203_7393148802970343621_n
joined Jan 15, 2017

Awww... this is the cutest thing I've seen on christmas!

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

gosh

Fb_img_1537931044292
joined Aug 22, 2018

death by moe

7thspacevelocity
Pinyaface
joined Jan 21, 2018

gosh

ara

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I feel like limiting your patronage to couples is a terribly short-sighted financial decision and especially odd considering cat cafes are the laxest possible types of cafes.

Also: HNNNNGGG mah heart!!! clutches chest

last edited at Dec 26, 2018 3:39AM

joined Aug 7, 2018

Yukina wanted to kiss... (I guess... I don't really know if it was kiss or something else)

Lisa went straight to hand holding.

7thspacevelocity
Pinyaface
joined Jan 21, 2018

In reference to the original text on the coupon (当日カップル無料券 - appointed day couple free ticket), it read more like a promotion for their grand opening. I ran out of space when replacing the text; my apologies for ending up losing that point with my version.
In any case, with that promotion, though, the cafe gets two people to come, hook them both, and they'll want to come back - and for that they'll have to pay, lol.

And I think the implication of kiss was Lisa getting a little ahead of herself, to be honest, rather than Yukina offering a suggestion. That's just my interpretation of the dialogue layout, though.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

God bless cat cafes.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Am I the only one glad that this didn't do the usual 'Couples entry, but not homosexual couples' that I've seen in other manga?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

deltahalo241 posted:

Am I the only one glad that this didn't do the usual 'Couples entry, but not homosexual couples' that I've seen in other manga?

It is actually a thing? I never saw it.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

I've only seen that in a couple works at most; like Usotsuki Lily, and that's not even yuri.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

deltahalo241 posted:

If it is that must be a pretty niche trope.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

BugDevil posted:

deltahalo241 posted:

I mean sure, I can see them not recognizing homosexual couple as a couple and refuse to serve them/give them discount, but I'm yet to see it being only written/mentioned in passing.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I mean sure, I can see them not recognizing homosexual couple as a couple and refuse to serve them/give them discount, but I'm yet to see it being only written/mentioned in passing.

Typically the couple's discount trope is used for the "pretend couple" scenario, so it usually only appears in comedic stories. The focus would be all muddled up when the aspect of "we are pretending to be a couple" got foiled by "homosexual discrimination" all of a sudden. It's very unlikely that it would be used in drama or serious scenarios for that reason.
I'm not saying it wasn't done before, just that it's not common at all.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Cute

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

deltahalo241 posted:

Kimochi no Katachi Kana had a gag where they took advantage of a couple's discount for the movies, then the next time they went there was an opposite-sex-only discount (presumably because of them), and Kana just assumed they were lucky enough to get in before the policy change.

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

Cats always bringing girls together ^

To reply you must either login or sign up.