Forum › Towakano discussion

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

they're true gal pals

joined Apr 30, 2014

Madokami: I'LL HAVE HOMURA CHAN!

Cycle sense?

TowaKano is probably my most favorite Maitake's PMMM work. Glad to see it translated!

Hey...what do all these "-kano" titles mean? I don't understand japanese so all the ones after and including Riri-kano I don't understand (cept that it's some word +kano)

'kano' means 'kanojou', means girlfriend.
So It's like Mado girlfriend, Homu girlfriend, Ultimate girlfriend, Devil girlfriend...etc.

As additional information for the original commenter, Riri in Ririkano is the Japanese transcription for Lily, and Lily means Yuri. So basically Ririkano is "Yuri girlfriend" (which actually fits Ririkano's story about a Yuri novel).

Then what's Towa mean?

joined May 11, 2017

"I want to lick Akemi Homura"... Why QB! LOL! Madokame getting "friendzoned" serves her right!! Hahahahah and again the nail filing x_x! I just can't say enough how much I love these doujins from Maitake2!! Long live Maitake2 !!!!!! Hmmm suddenly craving a Kriemheld Gretchen parfait!

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Madokami: I'LL HAVE HOMURA CHAN!

Cycle sense?

TowaKano is probably my most favorite Maitake's PMMM work. Glad to see it translated!

Hey...what do all these "-kano" titles mean? I don't understand japanese so all the ones after and including Riri-kano I don't understand (cept that it's some word +kano)

'kano' means 'kanojou', means girlfriend.
So It's like Mado girlfriend, Homu girlfriend, Ultimate girlfriend, Devil girlfriend...etc.

As additional information for the original commenter, Riri in Ririkano is the Japanese transcription for Lily, and Lily means Yuri. So basically Ririkano is "Yuri girlfriend" (which actually fits Ririkano's story about a Yuri novel).

Then what's Towa mean?

Should be eternal so "Eternal Girlfriend" in this case

Screen%20shot%202017-11-22%20at%201.04.04%20pm
joined Nov 18, 2017

The pun doesn't work well in translation, but when Homura said Mado-Cute, in Japanese, it says Madokawaii

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

PureShipper posted:

The pun doesn't work well in translation, but when Homura said Mado-Cute, in Japanese, it says Madokawaii

It may not work as well as it does in Japanese but I'd say it actually works out pretty decently compared to a lot of puns and jokes that get totally lost in translation.

joined Jun 28, 2017

I love panel 17 :) It's how Rebellion should have ended.

joined Jun 28, 2017

"Homaru is so dense." "Best friend hug like this, they flirt, they do naughty stuff together" :lol

joined Jun 28, 2017

I'm so glad to finally see a proper release for this. Also, it's cool to see the color cover. And Bluefish, I mean Sayaka, you're talking to Madoka the Ravenous Yuri Godess. You really should know that the absence of men doesn't make Homura safe at all.

Also, I find that transitional sequence- starting with Homucifer, then Homura, and finally Moemura. At first, it might seem like Gadoka is using her powers to re-write Homura to fit her preferences. But there are a couple of sources, including the PMMM Manga, that strongly hint/imply the fact that she's the "real" Homura- ie, that she never truly stopped being the innocent glasses-wearing Moemura deep down.

Actually there are no sources that imply any of that except certain delusions some people have.
But there are a lot of sources that clearly state that ravenous sex Devil Homaru is the real Homaru, including you know, all the official fiction where Madoka is a shy innocent girl.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

I'm willing to bet quite a bit that "ravenous sex devil" is the way no official source describes the real Homura.

To reply you must either login or sign up.