Forum › Posts by Jacqli

Jacqli
Citrus discussion 15 May 15:35
Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

How about no? (and especially in a series thread...) But since I don't want to be a total ass - use google and find out for yourself. It isn't that HARD.

I did a search and I saw a pair of forums, but I do not know, maybe it is because I was used to seeing websites like Mangafox (or even fansubs with the intention of earning money/fame) that I cannot see the big deal.

Ok, pardon for the off-topic, I have never seen such a thing in other threads...

Jacqli
Citrus discussion 15 May 07:31
Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

Could anyone explain this hatred of Mangafox? It is not an ironic question, I just do not really know jalp.

Jacqli
Citrus discussion 21 Apr 09:54
Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

...Your sister leaves your home and you stalk her to convince her to come back, for which if she did, she will probably try to rape you soon?? OK...

At least this one makes sense. Yuzu wants her to make dirty things together.

Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

I recommend a new font. That one does not fit in my opinion (or maybe changing the size is enough). Then, edit all the bubbles even if the dialog is just "..." because that detail is recognizable.
As to the use of English, I cannot add anything new since it is not my first language (and this has always been a complex matter). There are sometimes that you have to change a bit the original meaning in order to make the reading easier.
And I dislike romaji either. When I started studying Japanese, this was one of the first things I wanted to avoid the most. It reminds me that famous image of Kira saying "Just according to keikaku".

My solution would be to lent the translated chapter to somebody else outside the scanlation group and wait for his/her feedback. Or try to learn from more experienced groups.
And yet, this is just my opinion as a reader and Translation student so take it as you wish.

Practice makes perfect!

last edited at Apr 1, 2013 10:58AM

Jacqli
Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

I have just been informed that Yuri Goggles™ accounts are actually free now due to user feedback.
In that case, please purchase Spitting Distance™ account upgrades to obtain exactly the same privilege we had originally designed the Yuri Goggles™ accounts to have.

That is not fair, I already paid twice! I feel more desperate and lonely with a worse careless way of wasting money than before.

Jacqli
Untitled-1
joined Apr 1, 2013

The queue got me completely! Really good one, guys, although it made me think that I spend too much time on this website everyday. Now I am scared.