AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Big. Damn. Heroes!

This. ^^

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

You know, back when I first began watching and reading Akebi, I always saw Komichi as a sort of superhero in her own way. Yes, she didn't have any powers or anything, but she does have a big heart of gold and a love for everyone.

This chapter really took me back. She was a true hero ever since she was born, literally helping to save her mom when she needed her most. And the fact that Yuwa and Komichi could've died at this point in time...no wonder why Sato feels they're too good for him.

Komichi's family is truly the best.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Where are these people that are so pessimistic they ignore what's actually being portrayed and invent some contrived scenario about their fears coming from? It's honestly baffling.

Honestly, yeah...just, where the heck did all this cynicism come from? Wowzers.

Komichi isn't afraid of saying what she feels or thinks. She's made it clear that Erika has earned that spot in her heart. They're really going to be together. I guess people are just THAT burned out by the world that they're adamant about what can be considered yuri. Not that they're COMPLETLELY wrong, but...lighten up everyone, we're just trying to have fun! >_<

And the world has changed enough where two girls being together is more or less accepted by a majority of people. Komichi and Erika are going to be okay. Just wait and see.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

hey gang, didn't we have two girls kiss a few chapters ago

wasnt one of the volleyball girls... explicitly gay?

i get being traumatized by the past, but the yuri ending proof is beating us over the head imo

Yeah, pretty sure there was even an entire arc devoted to exploring different kinds of love and volleyball player Yasuko's past with a boy crush and her developing crush on Hitomi (another volleyball player) now. We're absolutely in gay territory now, there is pretty much no going back anymore.

And I'm all for it! ^_^

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Awww, Komichi and her family are all out together this chapter!

So it's time for Komichi to figure out who she is. May she find a positive answer! Then again, it's Komichi, of course she will. Her family is just as supportive of her at that. ^_^

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

I would like to thank the beautiful bastard who told me to give this a shot. Even though i'm tired of Slice of school life this one is totally a cut waaaaaay above the rest. Komichi is probably one of the best characters I've seen when it comes to personality, her family is wonderful and the art is amazing. I mean, the author really loves to flex their perfect control and freedom of anatomy (and drawing butts). The convoluted poses are insane. The story is nice, the characters are interesting and, of course.... There is the very real possibility of this being true REAL yuri. Shipping Komichi and Erika like crazy.

However, i have, as I believe many of you have it as well, that nagging thought on the back of my head, that annoying anxious feeling in the pit of my belly, that calls the attention to the (unlikely) chance of this ending up as the so dreaded ultimate subtext and the story finishes displaying Komichi and Erika's relationship as nothing but platonic and ends with both of them older with their respective boyfriends/husbands and remain good friends "as they always were".... Just that... Really, really good..... "friends". Man, if this happens (as it happened before with other works as you all know), it'll be a gut punch by a prime gloveless Mike Tyson.

I know the story is proving this possibility wrong with every passing chapter, but still... I'm sure we all had past experiences of this happening before. Anyway... Great story, great art, great characters. As someone who is not into School life as much nowadays, this is a breath of fresh air into the genre for me. Glad i binged this.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us. (insert a smiling face here)

Yeah, trust me, you're going to love Akebi (if you haven't already caught up to the latest chapter). There's a lot of positivity, wholesomeness, heartwarming, and rather relatability and gayness up ahead, and we still have a long way to go too.

I don't see Hiro backing down on making Komichi and Erika a reality if you ask me. There's many yuri moments that occur throughout that none of the girls objects against or is subverted, at least from what I've understood thus so far. Komichi's family is supportive of her too, and they already enjoyed having Erika with them too. Plus, Komichi speaks with her heart. You'll see.

That said, it's pretty understandable why you're worried it'll turn into yuribait. The stories I've heard and things I've seen from friends who are huge yuri fans...yeah...I'm not even sure how I can convince them that Akebi will be different besides just telling them to get to Chapter 71 as soon as possible. On that note, if you haven't already, get to Chapter 71 and thank me later. >_<

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Hebimori and Mai being adorable as heck? Yes please!

I'm so proud of those two. And I know a friend who likes Mai and would love to see this development.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Komichi hit a little too close to home for me. I remember being just like her back in middle school, where it was really hard for me to talk to people who have gone through tough experiences. I felt like I couldn't talk to them normally since I felt guilty about it.

Same for me too, but with high school and recently. Not to mention how Komichi realized she had it easier growing up than most of her peers did. I couldn't help but find myself in Komichi's position as well...

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Being the sensitive/emotional type myself, I can definitely sympathize with Komichi overthinking stuff and getting moody over things she has no actual control on. It's also just a normal, integral part of being a teenager. She has a very strong support group, so I'm not worried she'll cheer up and figure it all out in the end ! Also, I'm sure I've said that before, but Komichi's mom sure is a dish isn't she? :O The girl hit the genetic jackpot with her parents, big time.

Yeah, I found myself relating a lot to Komichi this chapter too. I actually had been very sensitive/emotional myself these past few months myself, so seeing Komichi in that same situation hit much closer to home that it ever has. Just...wow.

Good thing Komichi has her family to turn to. This was an amazing chapter already, I can't wait to see that "super fun place" Kao and Yuwa are talking about!

last edited at Dec 28, 2023 4:25PM

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Okay, just...this entire chapter...just made my entire day.

I've been cheering on Komichi and Erika since the very beginning. Seeing them like this...Komichi and Erika basically admitting they love each other...today just became the best day ever over here.

Utterly happy for those two.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

I admit that Hebimori and Mai are not immediately amongst who I think of when I think of my favorite characters from Akebi, but holy hell this chapter made me love them a bunch now too. This was such a sweet chapter between those two, and Hebimori and Mai bonding was just...I don't know what else to say, it was so sweet and heartwarming!

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

The fact that so many people on this site are missing out on this is a travesty.

This so much! Komichi x Erika deserves so much love and everyone owes themselves a favor to check this series out!

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Yasuko is in love with Hitomi, and now there is a kiss between two girls. So Komichi x Erika won't be just bait, huh.

At this point, it's only a matter of time...

I'm certainly excited to see Komichi and Erika to be girlfriends. Komichi deserves this, very much.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

This was quite a heartbreaking chapter. Poor Togano...

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022
Gutalalaman-1599910470550704129-img1

Komichi and Erika!!!! Glad to see them recognized like this! They're one of the sweetest pairings ever!

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Just finished watching the anime for the third time. Guess it's finally time to catch up on the manga lmao

Funny you say that, last month I watched the anime for a third time myself, and with a friend that watched it for a second time with me. Yet even on the rewatches, the heartwarming still got us every time! I'm looking forward to seeing the manga get updated, the world could use more Akebi sweetness!

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Just got done reading through the entire series so far. Oh my god...my heart...

This is so...so...so...HEARTWARMING!!!! I love it so much! Just (almost) non-stop positivity and happiness all throughout. I had watched the anime first and it was so sweet that I am actively wishing for a season 2 to happen someday. This more or less scratched my itch for Akebi goodness.

Also Komichi and Erika are only getting closer and closer to being girlfriends and I love it. I can't wait to see where this goes! I hope they become girlfriends at some point. They're one of the most heartwarming and cutest couples (duos?) ever, and I'm cheering for them all the way through.