Forum › Posts by Sembris

joined Dec 4, 2021

I think it's more likely that the student president has the same sight Satsuki too, has issues because of that, internalizing 'Maybe people just have to die for the betterment of everyone' rather than 'I have to save everyone' especially considering the whole poisoning stuff seems directly related to him and the student counsel. I think Komachi's first death was unrelated, but the second and maybe some of the others were tests to see if Satsuki could see the premonition corpses too, if she could it could be another person to help manufacture things to get rid of 'bad people'. Also if he was just trying to save the world why didn't he just go "Look Satsuki if you keep doing this x, y, and z will happen" when they were in the student counsel room relatively private. Satsuki has strong conviction for life and might get on board with 'Well we have to let some people die to save more'. On the other hand if he understands that "Getting rid of bad people" is a thing most people won't be on board with, why not put Satsuki in a situation where now he has leverage? Such as the one he's got her in right now.

Okay, maybe I'm just too overinvested in what I see as the themes this manga is developing, but this exactly. I'm going to be extremely disappointed if the end of the story is, "it was a mistake to save those people because of Final Destination bullshit." Every bit of Satsuki's character arc so far, up to and including the ridiculous Omake episodes, has been about how difficult it is for her to do this, how everyone is telling her to shut up and even her friends try to convince her that some people don't 'deserve' to be saved.

I hope/expect that there is a sort of final antagonist responsible for at least several of the murders, and I gotta admit Komachi's looking pretty sus, but. I think the Stuco President is really the ideological foil to Satsuki, because as people here have theorized, he represents the antithesis of the message the manga is developing. The people who die because of preventable causes must "deserve" it somehow. I know I'm probably bringing my own personal ideology in here, but I look forward to seeing how this develops if I'm even halfway right, and if he does have the Sight, I hope seeing his own future!Corpse in some coming chapter messes him up GOOD.