Forum › Posts by NV

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Randomly saw this and I just had to share it here:

A

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

My current guess is that the anime will cover the first 5 volumes and finish at the start of the sixth, after the bet is made.

Same here, I think it'll be similar to YagaKimi where the characters kept talking about the play that would happen but then the anime ended and we never got to see it, here they will probably start talking about the concert contest and the whole deal AkiShiho made based on who wins, but I'm expecting the anime to end around the time before that concert happens.

About EP2: It appears that since Vol.1 of the manga released, LINE added a feature to add friends via scanning a QR Code, the anime got changed to show this instead since supposedly the feature to "put the phones together" became obsolete? It's fun to see the anime change to keep up with what's happening IRL.

Also, that QR Code on Yori's phone does work, it shows a text in Japanese that says "Thank you for watching Whisper Me a Love Song!" if you scan it.

EP2 overall was nice but it only made me want more, at least there is something to look forward to every weekend.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I heard that Seto Asami (Yori's VA) is not the one who sings SSGIRLS' songs. If that's true, then why doesn't the studio just let Asami sing instead of hiring more people (or hire a VA who can both voice and sing, many VAs meet those two conditions).

It's not just her, Shiho also has a separate VA just like Yori: Sui Mizukami.

For clarification, the singing voice for SSGIRLS (or SSGILRS as it is hilariously mispelled in ep1's credits) is Kana Sasakura (so maybe they chose her for the "sasayaku" wordplay).

Now I'm confused, I was under the assumption that Kana Sasakura sang everything that played in EP1, which includes the ED song. Did Asami Seto sing the song Yori played on the rooftop at the end of EP1?

Also, looking back at the first few chapters there was a bit of an art shift/early installment weirdness because Yori looks almost unrecognizable compared to later on, and I think the anime skewed towards the "later on" style.

I thought the same because I also went back after seeing that small difference in the scene I posted above to confirm that it was exclusive to the anime. The manga looked a lot cuter art style-wise. It became "cooler" and "sharper", so to speak, as time went on and still to this day. Personally, I prefer the later/current style. I also can't help but think it's Takeshima Eku-sensei's signature style. You know when mangakas draw each other's characters, and you can tell who is the artist of the piece based on the art style alone? That's what I mean by signature style.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

SHIHO IS A DISASTER LESBIAN AND AKI IS HAVING FUN TEASING HER AND I AM PERFECTLY NORMAL ABOUT THAT STUFF.

Remember Shiho comes in very early (chapter 15), so it would be harder (and odd pacing) not to have her and Aki's dynamics as part of a 12-episode season.

I hope you are right, I've been deliriously assuming that the anime will end right when Shiho appears at the end of Chapter 15 for some reason...

I noticed a small difference in EP1 from the manga where, in the scene in which the SSGIRLS are talking about Yori's feelings to Himari in the classroom, Aki does a surprised gaze once Yori spills her feelings. The reader only knows about Aki's feelings towards Yori a little later in the manga, right? But the anime is already setting that up in EP1. At least, that's what I assume the gaze would imply to a non-manga reader.

Maybe we'll see something like that in some Shiho scenes as well? I'm not sure how "obvious" Shiho was to manga readers as the chapters were originally coming out because I'm biased; I already knew about the whole "enemies to lovers" thing that was going to happen between AkiShiho before I started reading.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Talking about the anime:

EP1 of the anime was great, the animation and quality of the artwork were better than I expected. The voices also match the characters well, the singing felt a little off to me at first because the voice sounded a little too different, but the second time she (Yori) sang at the rooftop with Himari, it was amazing.

I liked the scene where the SS Girls were sitting down and their legs were each positioned differently which shows a bit of character/personality for each of them.

I thought there could have been more chibi moments, but that's okay. What I can't get over is how few puppy ears we saw. It was only one time... I hope they show it more often in the next episodes.

The Yori VA is incredible, when Himari asks Yori if it's okay for her to sing, and she makes this "Ah..." noise, it's perfect. Also, the scene where Himari says she will be at the rooftop every day, I loved the voice acting there from the two of them and the cute background music.

I was surprised that the ED showed the tension between Aki and Shiho, will that even fit in those twelve episodes?

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

SrNevik and Akaii, sorry for the late reply and thank you for the suggestions!

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Today is Aki's birthday (April 12) and tomorrow the anime will air (April 13).

The time Shiho left, Aki only felt angry because she was betrayed, upset because she didn't know the real reason why Shiho left. After that, Aki learned about Shiho's feelings, plus Yori had a girlfriend (Aki still had to test to see if he had ended his love with Yori or not) before deciding to date (to test her feeling) with Shiho. I think if Yori didn't have a girlfriend, Aki would probably refuse when she found out that Shiho had feelings for her. Therefore, there should be one more arc for the AkiShiho couple to develop their relationship, stopping here would seem too awkward.

I don't think angry is the correct word there, it's more like upset. From my perspective, Aki was upset that Shiho left, she was never truly angry at Shiho because she still wanted to be friends.

Aki didn't know the real reason why Shiho left, but she wanted to believe Shiho was lying because to her, the moments they spent together were not fake. The "What if" about Yori not dating Himari could be true - though as we've seen, Aki had already lost her feelings for Yori, she just didn't realize it and kept thinking she was still in love until she held Yori's hand. Did that happen because Himari appeared in the picture? Then again, Shiho did not stop loving Aki even after she realized that Aki was interested in Yori.

I don't think Aki was ever going to make a move on Yori in this highschool phase, especially since Yori came off to her as someone who doesn't "do love", so to speak. Actually, it's ironic how the senpais do not say their true feelings until they are pressured, while Himari, the kouhai, just said it to Yori without fear. But I suppose this was one of the dramas early on where Himari was not sure if her love was a couple's love. Still, she said it, right? Compared to Shiho, who needed so much stress and frustration to build up to say it, and Aki, who never said it to Yori.

I think Aki's feelings for Shiho have always been strong, especially after Shiho left. In my opinion, Aki caught romantic feelings for Yori in a natural manner while Shiho was still present, meaning that Shiho did not impress her heart just by "being there". Once Aki lost both Yori (to Himari) and Shiho (her leaving), she kept chasing Shiho but not Yori. Aki could absolutely have been a villain of sorts in this story and attempted to jeopardize Yori's relationship, but she chose to let it go. Does this mean that Aki is just nice? Or does it mean that her love is not that strong? Does she just want to have Yori by her side? If she truly was in love, wouldn't she at the very least have confessed after Himari came into play?

Meanwhile, whenever the topic is about Shiho, Aki goes out of her way to attempt to get her back. She becomes stubborn, annoying (to Shiho), and just puts herself in front of Shiho. She is not afraid to tell her that she wants her back, and after Shiho confessed, her feelings became all scrambled. I think she might even see a little of herself in Shiho, since she also hid her feelings from Yori.

The vibe I get is that Aki used to regard Shiho akin to a little sister she wanted to take care of, and only started seeing her in a different light when Shiho confessed to her, post-fallout.

It's like this, basically. Aki started seeing Shiho as a "woman" after she confessed, hence why she was not afraid to kiss her at the beach. I think her strong feelings of wanting Shiho to be around coupled with Shiho's confession will make Aki fall in love with Shiho. Not to mention that she gets to see Shiho embarassed (cute) and finally being honest, like when Aki asked her if she is in love at the beach... and Shiho just said it without fear.

Aki will finally meet the real Shiho, a Shiho only she can see.

last edited at Apr 14, 2024 2:14AM

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Cute.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I need an anime of this... the story is incredible, the character design is gorgeous... the clothes they wear, especially Kaori, are just beautiful. Her moles are also so iconic and cute.

In 2022 they made a voiced manga PV and it only makes me want an anime even more, with Ueda Reina as Shizuku and Waki Azumi as Kaori.

(Heavy spoilers): I couldn't believe that she died, I wished that they had at least kissed or confessed face-to-face prior to her death, that hand kiss is all that we get... which is great but also, you know. The page that showed the deathbed made me cry. The whole manga feels SO bitter sweet... I wish we had something else that shows Shizuku's life a little more. Or well, not have Kaori die.

At first I thought Shizuku was in a dream, since it was all about "waking up and hearing the news", because I was really hoping for her to stay alive...

When Kaori messaged Shizuku about "Me too", ugh... this manga is so good.

I have a lot more thoughts about it, something for every chapter... I only finished it now after having read it in 2022 (up to Vol.3 during that time). It would have been better to post my thoughts as each chapter came out, so I'll keep this short.

I thought it would be a longer manga, specifically, I think it was in Chapter 25 where Shizuku is writing her novel, then Kaori collapses "already", so to speak... I thought it was too fast there. Same goes for the end of Chapter 30, but I guess it needs to come at some point, right? Do I dislike it because it's sad...

sigh, I just feel empty now that I finished it. Have I said that I wanted Kaori to not die yet? Yep. Well... I just feel like repeating that over and over...

I look forward to re-reading this later down the road and crying again.

last edited at Apr 7, 2024 10:06AM

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Curious about the direction this manga will take going onwards
So far, our main couple got together pretty fast and are very cute and fluffy! Funnily enough, most of the drama revolves around other pairings.
Leads me to believe the next few chapters will focus on Uda and Riri.
Really don't know where this manga is headed otherwise, tbh, but hey sometimes the fun is in strapping in for the ride

I want some drama about the possibility that they will be in different classrooms. Something similar to that one chapter where Nagisa was sick and Mashiro couldn't see her because of it, some break like that so that they "explode" once reunited.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Could someone recommend me mangas where the two characters are a couple, they fight and split up (and I mean an actual fight, not a peaceful breakup), then either one of them vanishes from the story completely while the other moves on to another partner and ends up happy, or they both stay in the story and find their own partners and end up happy?

Something like Lily Love and its sequel and the whole thing that happened with Ploy in those two works,

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

There is a page in this manga where the character who supposedly passed away is staring directly at the reader, I think pages like that work so much better in a digital media instead of a physical media (book) because in a digital format, the page will sudddenly "pop" on your screen and give a bit of anxiety when you first see the panel, almost like a jump scare.

Has the manga been removed from the site?

I thought I was going crazy.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I NEED MORE!

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Do we know until what part the anime will cover?

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Feels like it's been quite a while since the last chapter, I wonder if the author is really busy with the anime adaptation, I don't know where people check the yurihime magazine.

I'm very curious because we reached a point where pretty much everyone reached their goal so is like "okay, now what?"

The new volume came out this week, hopefully we get the translated version soon.

NV
End to End discussion 02 Jun 22:52
G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Damn, that page 20...

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I love it so much. T-T

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Oh my, I love the drama and can't wait for the next chapter.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

I feel sad for Sora, I hope she figures out what she wants to do soon.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Not so confident now, light-haired one?

G
joined Jan 12, 2021
87037899_p2

Lovely art style.

G
joined Jan 12, 2021

Cute!