Forum › Posts by kurisumx

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Poor sisters, falling for a man of agriculture...

OMG I can't believe you did this lol

89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Personally don't really understand the need for the "cancer plot point" but hoping she beats it and get to live out her life.

Also, obligatory Fuck Cancer.

Fuck God for being an awful writer then, since this is based on true events lol

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

I didn't read the raws, but what strikes me, as a translator, is the usage of "He/him/that guy" by the uncle and Satsuki.

I'm pretty sure that beside "Rika-kun", there's no language in the original referring to Rika as a guy.

It's purely something added by the translator. Neither the uncle nor Satsuki call Rika by masculine pronouns in Japanese, because they don't have to: in Japanese there's no need to use pronouns at all when referring to someone. When Satsuki says "that guy", it's probably actually "koitsu/aitsu" which is gender neutral.

I don't have anything against the characters using the right pronouns for Rika. It's just that it's something invented by the translator for the western readers.

Wow, I mean, it's almost as if it's my fucking job to make these decisions since they're necessary for the English language as Japanese lacks them pronouns in the same way? And since Rika's is very VERY clearly stablished as identifying as a MAN, of course it's HE/HIM?! And yes, it is あいつ、but like, what do you want me to translate it to?! "That girl"?! No, they all refer to Rika AS A GUY. So of course it's "THAT GUY"!

I'm sorry, but it seems to me you're only being edgy for the sake of being edgy.

"It's just that it's something invented by the translator for the western readers."

Well, duh?!

last edited at Oct 15, 2022 10:19AM

89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Yet another thing I translated that I didn't know would make its way here.
Thanks everyone for reading.

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

This is it for now. Until author decides to publish another chapter.

Here's the author's twitter, please make sure to like and retweet their tweets so that they know you're interested in this manga: https://twitter.com/hayashii0v0

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

looking forward to new chapters

I just released chapter 4 on reddit, but we'll have to wait until the person who uploads them here sees it.

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Why is Chika monologuing with twitch emotes

Because I didn't want it to sound like she was actually hurt or upset that she was rejected, although it did irk her a little. So I just wrote "Feels bad man" without thinking.
Only after someone else pointed it out I realized what I did.

Oh my god you’re finally on dynasty thank god, you translate the best series

Hi Corn! I see you everywhere.
Well, I don't usually do yuri so there wasn't any reason for me to be here before.

Glad to see you enjoy what I do though. Thank you very much.

Hey it’s not juuuuust yuri, I think that people might like josou offline meeting on here at least, I’d say handsome girl and crossdressing boy too but I know you don’t have the authority to upload the first 30~ chapters.

Well, I'm not even uploading this one. It depends on the people who upload if stuff is here or not. I'm fine with them uploading my stuff.
For the first 30 chapters of ikedan, yeah, those are Hachirumi's, you'd need to ask Hachi, or wait and see if he deletes them (he's been deleting older stuff) and then I'll work on them to replace them.

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020

Because I didn't want it to sound like she was actually hurt or upset that she was rejected, although it did irk her a little. So I just wrote "Feels bad man" without thinking.

Oh my god you’re finally on dynasty thank god, you translate the best series

Hi Corn! I see you everywhere.
Well, I don't usually do yuri so there wasn't any reason for me to be here before.

Glad to see you enjoy what I do though. Thank you very much.

kurisumx Uploader
89910604_p0
ElPsyKongroo
joined Nov 21, 2020