Forum › Posts by gorm

joined Jan 20, 2018

I'm kind of surprised there isn't a slavery tag.

joined Jan 20, 2018

Horror Tragedy Witch

Possibly Depressing as fuck Violence

joined Jan 20, 2018

Blackmail

joined Jan 20, 2018

It's the only even remotely unusual one I could readily spot. Yet for some reason peeps be talking like this was original 16th-century Shakespeare or some shit.

It's not so much that any of the words used are too obscure to know the meaning of (except maybe "aggrandizing", or "abscond" for people who haven't been exposed to a certain webcomic). It's that in context, it really reads like someone started with a more reasonable translation and then started looking up synonyms in a thesaurus and swapping in words that don't mean quite the same thing or aren't used in that way.

P5: "Did something arise?" instead of "Did something happen?"
P6: "for circulating the article spot on" instead of (meaning unclear, possibly "for getting the article out so quickly" or "the article was perfect")
P6: "conducted it all" instead of "did it all" or maybe "wrote the whole thing"
P7: "Was mischief brought to light?" instead of "Did you get caught?"
P7: "scurried" instead of "hurried"
P7: "I noticed how gleaming was the 2-shot of Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama" instead of "Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama seemed so picturesque together" or maybe "Aoi onee-sama and Takako-sama looked like they were shining"
P8: "I'm so deeply humble to those two's tea party" instead of "I'd be so out of place at their tea party" or maybe "I felt like I was intruding"
P8: "isn't privy to" instead "doesn't know"
P8: "That's inconceivable!" instead of "No way!"
P8: "instances where one hurts another without a word" instead of "times when one hurts another by not saying anything" or maybe "you can hurt someone by not talking to them"
P9: "For the meantime" instead of "For now"
P9: "how about I socialize for you? With Takako-sama that is." instead of "how about I go instead? To spend time with Takako-sama, that is." (The second sentence here still feels grammatically awkward to me, though I can't think of something better off the top of my head.)
P9: "I'll endeavour this myself" instead of "I'll do this myself" or maybe "I need to do this myself"
P10: "Fujiyama-san is present to boot, so it'll proceed well enough" instead of "Fujiyama-san is also there, so it'll be fine"
P10: "aggrandizing" instead of "exaggerating" or maybe "flattering me"
P12: "that conduct you have with Ririka-san" instead of "how you're acting around Ririka-san"
P13: "evading it" instead of "avoiding it"
P13: "mend things with her" instead of "make up with her"

last edited at Jun 7, 2022 3:11PM

joined Jan 20, 2018

I see the translator got a new thesaurus.

joined Jan 20, 2018

This should probably have the "Molestation" tag.

gorm
joined Jan 20, 2018

I'm half-wondering now if Koyomi's rewrite of the play was meta and Nakatani originally intended for Yuu to enable Touko and Sayaka to get together, but rewrote the script to pair her with Yuu.

It's not likely but it's fun to consider.

gorm
Still Sick discussion 18 Dec 22:41
joined Jan 20, 2018

Busted!

joined Jan 20, 2018

gorm posted:

What help is needed?

I believe all that's needed is someone to clean and typeset it. From what I recall they had translations for several chapters already but nobody to put them to use.

I tracked down the scanlation thread, and the last couple of posts seem to indicate they're waiting on translation atm.

Sadly, that's not something I can help with, but I'm noting it here in case there are any interested parties who can.

joined Jan 20, 2018

deuxyeon posted:

its been 84 years..

You're more than welcome to help if it's not quick enough for you.

What help is needed?