Forum › Posts by Ackerman

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I finally got to chap. 8 of this. HET tag caught me. The first chap was fine and as you go along, it is building up. There is a good reason why it is here in Dynasty.

Now, I won't touch anymore the storyline since I might be spoiling things. I remembered somebody strongly negate my trajectories in My Unrequited Love. hahaha... I learned my lesson in WDTFS that I shouldn't backed up my take with things that are subtly there in the manga and threading all these things. Since, it will not be beneficial to the manga at the same time to the writer where the story ending could be a mess. SO, I learned to just wait for the story to unfold and let the writer do his/her art and telling. You can sense good writing by how naturally the characters are introduced. Slow and burning, as each chapter fleshes out the character just like in Fluttering Feelings to which you can easily make trajectories since it is well-thought out.

I love to see this through and how this one play out. :)

last edited at Nov 1, 2021 10:54PM

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Love this chap35! :) Right from the start, I don't like Reiichi for Kaoru. The way he was presented on the early take on was a boring passive narcissist. Nothing seems right in the relationship except that he goes home, eat, sleep and provides financially. For me, he decided to marry Kaoru not because he felt the pity only but there is an angle that Kaoru looks like Risako. The anniversary kissing and hotel suggestion said it when Kaoru dressed up smart just like Risako. Reiichi preference is on sophisticated and smart looking women. That is why there was a chapter, he combed his hair neatly('the trying to impress' look)which for me was to Risako's style and I dont believe on the cheating because Risako was presented to be an intellectual who normally is a strong independent woman. It is so hard to find men who can interest them.

On the other note, I would like to believe that the hand that Kaoru remembered patting her head was Uta's. I think this frame came up from Kaoru's narrative of the past.

Now, it was also presented that Reiichi is also observant. I believed it is possible that he knows that Kaoru is happy with Uta around and vice-versa. Just my take, that is.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I saw this angle on the early take of the manga, the marriage was bound to fail. Not because of the yuri tag but how the author presents Kaoru. That is why I always follow the 'no cheating' because of this pattern. Chap34 is long overdue talk between spouses. I think this is the part where it explains partially on how Uta and Reiichi differs in terms of personality and disposition.

Ackerman
Lily Marble discussion 10 Jul 13:44
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

It is real as it gets. Very evident is not all ships are in together at this point. IRL, most people don't end up together since they are afraid to confess. It takes a lot of courage from whatever point of view if you are serious about what is inside you. That anxiety/agony of knowing what is the unknown is too much for some people. Take the case of Moe and Hikari, Hikari's wide open arms in the hotspring is an invitation for Moe to be part of her life. She is just a simple girl who's contented to have somebody by her side(married men is also outside what is generally accepted to be with). By the mere fact that Moe didn't move forward and give an excuse to come late at night, gave Hikari the impression of "can't be" or a "stigma of unaccepted relationships". Moe is precious enough to Hikari, so, by not losing her, she made it easier for Moe the following day of not remembering the night. So, people IRL must take relationships without labeling. Love is just everything that it is competely nothing.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

It's been a while here. I only read the chapter and didn't bother to comment nor read the comments even. hahaha. Anyway. I haven't read the last chapter yet. I will wait for dynasty. Nothing seems out of place in the story yet. I think the storyboard seems pretty solid. Personally, I appreciate good writing. One of the drop hint that wasn't delve into was Risako comparing Uta with her brother. I dont know the chapter but the scenario was Uta meeting Risako when Kaoru was in the hospital. I guess this had to be the connection on Reiichi and Risako's relationship vis a vis Reiichi and Kaoru. For me, Risako and Kaoru has similarities. Aside from the physical appearance both are incapable of loving. romantically. Kaoru clings to the idea of loving Reiichi as a partner. It gives her a sense of completeness. I agree as well she has a chronic depression. And that depression deepened when Uta was avoiding her and slept in Kuro's house.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Could be that when the Dad remarried, the woman he married already had a child from a previous one. If that's the case, then they could finally breathe.

Then. that will be another twist where non-mentioned of tag "incest" is probably right.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Reading this actually seemed wholesome. :)

Ackerman
Boku To discussion 07 May 00:04
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

huh? shining, shimmering, splendid?.... hahaha

Ackerman
Boku To discussion 12 Apr 11:01
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

hmmm.. NSWF indeed! hahaha.. It is like... BANG!

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Long time ago, I was thinking more of the Kaoru's father and Uta's mom( Kaoru's mother's best friend) having an affair since Kaoru's witnessing Reiichi with Risako has an "intense" negative impact...hahaha... I guess, it is not the case...

Ackerman
Lily Marble discussion 10 Apr 02:51
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

What is good about this story? The plot is not forced. It plays out the way things are. Know the character and the circumstances that surrounds them on how they discover love, hesitate, reject, want, need... endless possibilities to which boil down to one thing - a realistic portrayal of love between women.

Ackerman
Camouflage discussion 05 Apr 09:25
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Both are attracted to Shino.

Ackerman
Ayame 14 discussion 27 Mar 07:58
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

That seems to be one heck of a journey. I guess while binge reading I knew the consumnation of sex will be with Sango considering the prelude of the panda and the hankerchief. What I am interested is telling "Ayame 14" in the perspective of Sango.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

hmmm... I am liking it so far. I binge read it. Neatly done up to this chapter, the crescendo of the last 3 chapters.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Damn,,, these two...hahaha

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

What’s this a sequel to?

"Poor Poor Lips" by the same author

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

It's in the closet on the last page. That slip of paper sticking out of Youko File 37 says 事故死を followed by what appears to be 装 (the character is partially cut off, but that fits what's there). That's basically "make the death(s) look like an accident".

Oh! Thanks a lot. :)

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

hmmm...I can't seem to find the family was killed. Financially dried up maybe. The word lunatic. To whom was it referring to, Youko or Tsukiko? Since each has her own weirdness.

last edited at Apr 14, 2019 1:32AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

what a title! XD

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Love Ore Monogatari! He is adorable... The gentle giant. :)
Talks to himself. A lot. Always a good sign.

Introspection.

Not you. Your comment was normal.

I was not referring about myself as well. I was talking about my gentle giant, Takeo Gouda.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Talks to himself. A lot. Always a good sign.

Introspection.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Love Ore Monogatari! He is adorable... The gentle giant. :)

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

That’s a very nice scene, but rather flat in terms of the overall story because of the last-minute rush required to get there.

I've read your post and you have a point. However, decisions had to be made and it doesn't necessarily mean it had to be satisfying to everyone. As for me, the ending doesn't have to be "Hollywood style" to complete the story. The process of waiting and coming back are more than enough essentials for me to nurture the love between the two that not time nor difficulties can stop the union.

In details, If there is no time lapse, we would be grilled to a heavy drama of society's condemnation of culturally and legally boundaries between two females, a minor and adult, professional ethics realm of student-teacher relationship, family dispute over molestation of a kin to a minor relative, etc. So, for me, it was a good decision on the author. A sequel can be made reminiscing their struggles but focuses on their present lives as a couple. The "feels" of the sexual tension can still be retained as the teacher's naivete is quite evident and amusing as contrasted to the aggressiveness of the student.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

To be honest, I was quite hesitating to write. For quite sometime, I come to dynasty to read if time would allow it. But doesn't write comments anymore. But, this story seems promising before. It is still. Now, about predatory act? I don't think it is. Touko-san kissing Akari is a chain reaction. Akari insulting her to have "the Face" only and even go beyond as saying that nobody's interested in marrying Touko. The intention to kiss was not there but triggered by the "spur of the moment" when Akari blushed which from experience Touko-san had an inkling of Akari's preference. But when awkwardness comes after a day, thinking that Akari was bothered by it, she made a light mood justifying the act. And we know, nothing happened until the cooking thing again. Physical attraction that she failed to control even if it is just kissing or regardless of the child's preference or desires it as well, she is guilty of that. It is not.predatory but clearly she is taking advantage since SHE IS AN ADULT.

Ackerman
Lily Marble discussion 27 Oct 07:32
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

hmmm... seem to like it so far.. :)