Forum › Posts by Terkontar

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

Huh. Does 'hiraeth' mean something in Japanese, or is the author really using Welsh, of all languages, for their title?

Kinda neat if it's the latter, ngl.

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017
Tanjiu9-1584881682502778880-img1

It's really too bad that the manhua seems to be on an indefinite break due to CCP's censorship. Sigh.

joined Sep 13, 2017

So stupid. So cute.

I need a pronounceable English word combining “stupid” and “cute,” and I’m not coming up with one.

Cutid?

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

So, you are here to prove Yuki point, that she was interesting only because she was Catulus, and not for who she actually is.

While I do understand your point of view, I have to disagree. Since Yuki is a congenital catulus, being a catulus is who she really is. All of her friends have only known her as an catulus - and are mostly catulus themselves. So in my opinion by taking the medicine, Yuki no only changes into a person she never was in the first place, she also assumes that all (other) catulus in general are only interesting because they are catulus. Thus implying somewhat, that "normal" humans are better.

Denying a part of your own personality just to fit in with the others is bullshit. And to be fair: the story sets off because Yuki is a catulus. She is insecure, turns into a cat and Ayano has to deliver her clothes back to her thus hitting it off with each other. And I believe that's what Ayano was saying: If she wasn't a catulus - which Ayano has known before - they would be normal classmates and maybe have had a slower start.

While my kneejerk response to your original post was rather negative, I do agree that I'm not a fan of this development should the medicine have a permanent effect on Yuki.

What Yuki did is essentially throwing away what makes her special in hopes of seeing whether her relationship with Ayano is genuine, or was it merely one of the effects of her being a catulus. Kind of goes to show how much Yuki is willing to give up there, but yes, being a Catulus is an inextricable part of who she is. Yuki turning back into a Catulus would actually be the perfect scenario: she gets to see whether their relationship is genuine, Ayano gets to see how far Yuki is willing to go for her, and Yuki does not need to become someone she is not. Could also help her get over her insecurity, which ch.98 is kind of hinting at, I feel.

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

I smell a love triangle incoming. I think that the crying girl on the first page of the first chapter is Nao's friend, Yuuka. The eye color checks out, and so does the haircut; moreover, according to the flashback on page 23 and the one in the 2nd chapter, Nao had short hair in middle school (but wears the same uniform as the girl from page one, who miiight be sitting next to her in the first flashback). And seeing that Nao is nowhere on the first page, it kind of makes me think that what we've got now isn't the end-game ship here. Would explain the seemingly crazy pace of the yuri.

last edited at May 17, 2020 9:36AM

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

Too bad that the story had to move and needed to be remade, but eh, this here is still great. The only thing I really miss from the original is the sleeping bag girl's hairstyle, but oh well.

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

@Ropponmatsu Damn, sorry to hear that. Personally, I think your translation was damn great, even if 'havnae' would give me a small pause every now and then.

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

Ugh. For some reason those fourth wall breaks are really irritating.

Terkontar
Scarlet discussion 31 Jan 06:12
joined Sep 13, 2017

'Yuri Hime' written on the back of the cards, huh...
does that count as a product placement?

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

"who the fuck hits someone with a ashtray"

Yeah, it’s supposed to be: “...with an ashtray.”

Gotta switch to “an” if the next word starts with “a”, I think. I believe it can’t be generalized for words starting with any vowel, like, “a one-time offer” but then when referring to another subject like “an officer”, it’s hit or miss. So, I think the hard rule is using “an” if the next word starts with the letter “A”. Any English majors out there to corroborate with this? (Joke: And I don’t mean officers in the British military)

BTW, that is a cool line in the script if this is ever animated.

You use the indefinite article 'an' before words that start with a vowel sound. So yea, there should be an 'an' before 'ashtray', but the same would be true for, say, 'honour', or 'hour', at least in British English. On the other hand, 'one' is pronounced with a consonant at the beginning, thus we use an 'a'.

Terkontar
joined Sep 13, 2017

Well, I'm hooked. The artstyle is nice, the premise seems interesting, and damn, that first panel of ch02p05... just magnificent.