Forum › Posts by nomimarks

nomimarks
Pulse discussion 22 Sep 17:59
joined Jul 22, 2017

ohhhhhhhhhhh my god i'm praying that the plot twist is that the victim is someone else and the doctor is mel and we still get a happy ending, if it's not i'm gonna be so pissed that this was another comic to end in tragic lesbians. ratana...please don't follow the tragic lesbian trend i'm beggin' ya

nomimarks
Pulse discussion 08 Sep 13:38
joined Jul 22, 2017

For a series that has generally been good by an author who has shown an understanding of how important it is to have happy gay stories, I'm terrified that this is going to end with a cliché tragic lesbian ending. I want to believe in Ratana because of how much I've loved her work but this is a very dangerous trope. Either way, the cliffhanger is a bit in the cheap drama department, no? Everything else though...great stuff.

nomimarks
Pulse discussion 25 Jul 12:04
joined Jul 22, 2017

Seriously though, lynn should have at least confided in Mel just as Mel did with her. Giving up so easily like that was the selfish thing to do. Hopefully mel doesnt go back to sleeping with everyone because of this and if a happy ending does happen (i fucking hope there will be, because my heart take this) lynn better try real hard to win her back. I'll just wait impatiently for the next chapter because i love ratana's awesome yet soul crushing stories haha.

Yeah that's the thing, like...the series thus far has thrived on open communication and Lynn being kind doesn't equal Lynn being dumb, that's just silly. It's most likely things will to her sleeping around again just because that feels the most in keeping with the story (and the most cliche) but I'd love to be proven wrong just because again Ratana is a good writer..I just really worry

nomimarks
Pulse discussion 23 Jul 11:34
joined Jul 22, 2017

Man, how frustrating. This series has been pretty good at avoiding harmful yuri tropes so far and to see it fall into one of the absolute worst ones ("I think i'm a burden to you so i'm breaking up with you even though that hurts both of us and helps nothing instead of just actually communicating about our problems") really really sucks, especially since it had done so well at avoiding it thus far. When Mel and Lynn sat down and actively communicated about Mel's past with Sue instead of keeping it some big dramatic secret I was confident that the story wouldn't resort to this, but here we are. I really hope Ratana can wrap this up pretty quickly and get back to the actual good content instead of dragging it along like every other damn series that does this because she's clearly a good author who can write powerful and compelling wlw content. Until then tho, I'm left very disappointed that things went so poorly.