Forum › Posts by Afbuster

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

I mean, YoriHima are great for fluff, and definitely much appreciated core of the manga - but things are definitely better when there's other couple to provide funny dramas. YoriHima are just too precious for that, and yet the manga isn't called Hana ni Arashi so it cannot sustain itself on fluff alone. Bring out the angst, Miki!

Between this, How Do We Relationship, and MyGO - I'm starting to think maybe bands are uniquely suited for some excellent lesbianese dramas.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Superstar content always makes the world a better place

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

I just don't like this being the end of chapter. Would be better as the start of next one - have the slap, then deal with some of the consequences instantly.

This doesn't even feel like a cliffhanger, it feels like you've been already pushed off the cliff and all you can do is shrug in freefall while waiting to hit the trampoline on the ground.

last edited at Jul 1, 2023 12:34PM

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

because if these were the main characters, we'd be so swept up in the story, we'd see this as a bigger deal than it actually is, lol

I do love how this mango and Whispering both use the "main" couple for the fluff, while having melodramatic unrequited love polygons for the other characters.

It makes it easier to just sit back and enjoy the drama. This whole arc is great, but I would drop a manga where Nanjou's attempts to stay emotionally chained to her groomer was the selling point.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

11/10 pretty poggers chapter

Afbuster
LEADERS: AM discussion 19 Jan 04:32
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

The world needs more TsubaHonk

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Nah but I do sort of understand not being ready for such a weird relationship when the overwhelming majority of romances play it so safe.

lul, reminds me how many people hated Chuunibyou S2 because it explicitly was about how it's okay to have romance that doesn't develop as usual. So many folks missed the point and were like "bruh where's the romance, this is character regression! gib kissu!"

slow is good

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Touko is really not that popular ?

I'd hope she is not.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

The canon ship is cursed, so I ship this one instead.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

But the source material is the best show of the whole last decade. And this decade too for that matter.

:thinking:

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

But GuP has no yuri and the shipping doesn't fit there and it's out of left field completely... so why is this so good holy macaroni.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

i mean, their nipples are basically just a penis

Ah yes, so this is actually yaoi in disguise. Now I see.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

I'm sure this series is one of those things that make God proud of humans.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

rare case of lolicon/age gap stuff actually feeling like a pedophilia, lol

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Not much point besides SayoHina being best Bandori ship.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

It has none of the atmosphere that made the first mango such a nice read. And also no qt future alien. Why even read.
And now I'm a lot more skeptical about anime too.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

Remember kids, don't drug yourselves with Monogatari before drawing your lesbian mangos.

Afbuster
Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

is there any value to it aside of the blatant attempts at fanservice?

Amount of fanservice goes down significantly after first episode. Aside from that, Urarara is beautiful Cute Girls Having Fun stuff combined with a bit of feels, a bit of overarching plot/mystery about Chiya's mother, and quite eerie atmosphere of Divinations. Really good stuff, tho not gay enough (outside of that one episode when the girls do forbidden things in pairs and get wet).