Forum › Posts by Avery

Avery
Transgender discussion 14 Apr 19:54
45340356_p0
joined Jan 27, 2017

Sorry for taking things off-topic! I didn't mean to bum people out or get apologies - I was just, sorta, tossing my thoughts out. I'm way more concerned, personally, with offending people than necessarily being offended myself, so don't feel like I am calling anyone out.

I appreciate the responses, but I'll refrain from addressing them all to keep things steered right. Again, apologies - didn't mean to hijack the thread at all.

Avery
Transgender discussion 14 Apr 16:23
45340356_p0
joined Jan 27, 2017

So I have never posted here before, and been lurking for years - only very recently made an account and until now refused to touch it. I only very recently even started doing any social media at all, which is weird since I'm 26.

I am a queer identifying transwoman, so I can try to add something I guess. I am probably just going to be told to fuck off and ignore things, and to answer that I actually do. I've lurked here for years because I don't even feel welcome here, and generally stay far away from female spaces as they are. I know some people are trying to make a point, but it truly is exhausting being called a snowflake, a rapist, mentally ill, tumblr user all the time everywhere. I don't want to bite anyone's head off here, or tell anyone to go fuck themselves - honest. I just want to say its really tiring and it chips away at you bit by bit to hear over and over that the snowflakes are just bringing politics where it shouldn't be - it is exhausting because it tells me that at best, even allies are absolutely tired of people like me even being around.

I don't even identify as a lesbian, or try to go with female gender anymore. I just barely stick with queer transwoman - I've been harassed and torn down too many times. My mother is a bisexual, radical feminist who for a long time absolutely hated trans people and when I came out I was basically mentally torn down with the message to not steal tags and labels from cis women. Hell, I'm not even allowed to use the word cis around her.

The sad irony is Dynasty is one of the more accepting places, and I still largely avoid the forums and refuse to post because I actually don't want to offend cis women who have major problems with trans people, and the perception we're sticking our nose in their space. I could grow a spine and stand up for myself, but its pointless - you can't change their mind, the thread gets mod warnings, and then we get called tumblr snowflakes who bring politics into simple girl love. You cannot ever win, or even make headway.

Hell, what headway is possible to make when any thread with even a single male character in the manga here devolves into a fight about how the author is just pushing an agenda and the man is there to ruin it - that dips over into the futanari and transgender tag all the time. Then over time after enough fights, even the people on my side give up and ask it not get brought up anymore and then the entire mood and thread is in tatters.

I often feel like even reading any of the stuff here is walking into a territory that is staring poison at me. There often is not much of a difference between here and just visiting "The L Word" forum for a nice glass of feeling like a disgusting, unwanted piece of subhuman fetish garbage.

I often get told well, ignore it or go somewhere else. Well, I do. I end up ignoring everything and only visiting small areas shortly before bailing. I've been bullied, harassed, stalked, and torn down a lot over the years, and the worst one by far and away have been from LBQ women. I am terrified of LBQ women. It is an immediate, visceral, learned reaction to back off right away or I'm going to get hurt. It is an immediate reaction to bail so I don't make them feel like I'm there to invade in their space. My completely and utterly failed attempts to even get a 1 date seem to affirm that reaction, so I stay alone to protect myself. But, I was always told they're more justifiably scared of me.

I was avoiding dynasty for awhile all-together because I thought this was a manga site for queer cis women and it was best for me to not invade their space. After some of the latest forum happens, I feel like I was pretty spot on in the end.

I'm not here to argue anyone down, but I guess to just give my 2cents on the whole please shut up and go away narrative that is pervasive here and on, well, any queer women's space in the world. All I can say is I'm sorry I guess for stinking your space up, and I will try more in the future to avoid the forums.

Sorry for being a gross stain on your girl love